Cookie Thread Act 1: A Cookie in Time

By the way, you can pretty easily achieve more than one Yaku in any hand. Each Yaku you achieve increases your points gained based on the Yaku.

Both the yaku i’ve talked about are “1 Han” or 1000 points. The smallest and easiest to achieve.

The big fish that all the timmy players go for are the Yakuman.

1 Like

Yakuman are notoriously difficult to achieve and getting one almost instantaneously wins you the game. My personal favorite Yakuman is “Daisangan” which is having 3 (or 4) of EVERY Dragon tile.

1 Like

Igot close to that one once and then immediately impulsively called a seven pairs hand for fun. Youve always got to go for seven pairs chat

1 Like

Another infamous one is “Thirteen Orphans” or “Kokushi Musou”. It’s one of the few valid hands not composed of 4 runs and a pair.

Thirteen Orphans is having one of EVERY SINGLE honor tile, and an extra copy of one for the pair. (all valid hands need a pair). Honor tiles are Dragon Tiles (Red, White and Green), Wind Tiles (N W S E (compass directions for the wind)), and The 1s and 9s from every suit. It’s a very rare hand, but i’ve actually hit this one on Mahjong Soul a couple of times. It’s a meme to go for it, but when you hit it, it is literally the nuts

1 Like

I’ve never hit Daisangan unfortunately
I will always try if i have two pairs of dragons though

2 Likes

I’ve had one major Thirteen Orphans Moment and I think I even mentioned it in some mafia game when it happened because I was losing my mind

Found it. Yea

2 Likes

this reminds me i need to download mahjong soul on my new phone

I don’t need to have Mahjong Soul on my phone it’s very bad for me. And yet

1 Like

also if any of this sounds even remotely interesting to you, go watch Akagi. Great anime, even if you only barely understand mahjong

1 Like

I only got Mahjong Soul recently I used to exclusively play on the shittiest site in the world with friends. I miss that site gonna be honest it sucked so bad but we couldn’t play there anymore because one day the bots just started automatically declaring Riichi immediately, every single hand. Yes the site lets you chombo they were completely throwing it was hilarious but also literally unplayable

2 Likes

The site had no background music but all the voicelines for calls were extremely loud so you’d just constantly get jumpscared. Mahjong is a horror game

1 Like

there it is
still saved in the annals of history

Oh and there was this. I have no idea what the hell this was about but it’s a loading screen tip that the site actually shows you

4 Likes

Be aware that when your hand is ready to win, the system may trick you to declare a wrong mahjong by promoting the Mahjong button when you do not have mahjong.

Why? Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Get false mahjonged idiot

3 Likes

POV: you’re the cookie thread cookie

2 Likes

Every time I am tricked in any capacity now I think “wow, really got got by false mahjong there”. Be aware.

1 Like

WHAT

THEY GOT A WOLF BOY VOICED BY JUDAI YUKI’s VOICE ACTOR?

My favourite part about Mahjong Soul, I think, is the default character catgirl. I’ve started repeating her nyaas every time I call a tile and my friend fucking hates it it’s hilarious

2 Likes

The tutorial nyaas at you a total of fifteen times, and that’s only if you pick all the right answers. If you keep failing the quizzes you could see potentially infinite nyaas.

2 Likes