A Guide On Making Characters and Roleplaying Them

Hi my name is Ebony Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that’s how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I’m also a witch, and I go to a magic school called Hogwarts in England where I’m in the seventh year (I’m seventeen). I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Hot Topic and I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. I was walking outside Hogwarts. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of preps stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.

3 Likes

You look cute :flushed:

that’s my character damian
he’s stupid

2 Likes

I would like to believe that I know the basics of creating a character for roleplaying, but thank you for the reminder nonetheless.

Regarding the drawing thing that Satori & Eliza were talking about… my current avatar is not drawn by myself. I am no artist. The best thing I drew recently was drawn on MS Paint, and it just happened to be when I was in the mood for a bit of “spooky” (not horror).

This is not the full image. It shouldn't be too scary. It's probably fine.

I don’t necessarily agree with the latter half, but I do think that each character I make is part of me.
…which is why it felt odd to literally bury a part of me. Both in real history and in-lore.

My characters aren’t just the aspects they inherit from me. Hence, why I say they’re a “tree”- in my opinion, a good character should “branch out” from their base naturally, growing independent of me in a way.

3 Likes

Pretty good guide, I don’t think I would add anything. It’s pretty comprehensive and I don’t disagree with any part of it.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’d call roleplaying weird improv

Improv cliffs:
Acting is reacting
Say no when necessary but try to avoid it
Catch the tone and ride it

1 Like