Achromatic’s Greatest Game (Mafia Win)

Night one starts and ends in 24 hours. Please stay tuned for achromatic posting stuff.

1 Like

Hello! Co-host here. Now that it is night I don’t have to be so fantastical. Some announcements:

The rap battle did not finish. It was never said it had to finish in a day. It will resume tomorrow.

@May 's wish has been granted. Details soon.

Okay it’s soon. Event God Achromatic is proud to present Wavelength: Infinity edition. More details to follow with an actual mechanical prize approved by Litten after 40 minutes of hangwringing! Wow!

How cool! However…

I understand some players use night to chill and don’t want to hop game to game. If you wish to opt out of this optional event I will understand. Please try to opt out in the next 16 hours but if you need to do so after that’s chill. Just put it in your rolecard! Teams will be made and PMs sent around that time (11am est)

@Marshal 's Wish has been granted! The wish is unknown, but may reveal itself soon…

The Bargain God, cunning and mischievious, Achromatic has struck a bargain with THE MOLE.

In exchange for the Mole providing an answer sheet to the questions along with the number they got on it (so 5 means half are truthful out of 10) SOD2 with everyone else’s public score, they have bargained for any scores less than 7 to be considered invalid for guessing the Mole. So, if you score less than a 7 on the overnight mole test from day 1 you cannot guess the Mole day 2. A reminder if you don’t like this Event simply do not enter it if you are a non-mole. The Mole, of course, can do little and still win if they are so inclined.

Pigeon has won the Waiver contest from Day 1 as it was laid out in the PM. After considering a row of boxes he chose the one he thought was funniest, fitting of his good cheer. Upon opening the box it is revealed this is the prize: Pigeon will now win if the Jester wins in addition to any previous win conditions. This does not change the Jester’s win condition in any way. Please do not mention this change publicly.

If you feel as if I have overlooked something, please use your role PM. Also, all wish requests for day 1 are extended until SOD2. So if you wish to take the Exam ask for a wish in your PM and we may begin the process. Thank you for playing.

Day One Mole Questions can be found here. Due by SOD2

Achromatic Silent Wish Counter: 47

1. @Zorvo - DJ Rhymera Groovemane - Rapper
  2. @Hazardwaste - Madam Babbleboots Giggledum - Gay Baby Jailer
  3. @tutuu - Discordia Disarray - Evil Twin
  4. @May - Professor Chortle Titterbottom - Realm of Jocular Jests
  5. @thepigeonnyc - Sir Stakelot Tumbletop - Lego
  6. @Porscha - King Eccentrico Crownsworth - Monarchist
  7. @Garfooled - Enigma Enigmatah - Average BotC Player
  8. @TodaysStory - Empress Whiskerluna - Feline Dominion
  9. @ElizaThePsycho - Quizmaster Achromatic - Arbiter of Enigmatic Trials
  10. @magnus - I may have forgotten a role - secret 12 role
  11. @beancat - Chief Switchback Gearswapper - Fire Hydrant
  12. @Kabazame - Quirx X

Engaging in Protocal: May Wish. Beep Boop.

Wavelength: Infinity

What is Wavelength: Infinity?
Having first appeared on this forum as an event in the wonderous game of FAM3, Wavelength is a game in which teams of players attempt to guess a number from 1 to 21 based on a word or phrase a team member gives them given a category. For the Infinity edition of the game, all categories are based around either topical characters that might appeal to a group of players in a game such as this on a Mafia forum as it so happened to be.

For Example!
We have a team of four: Achromatic, Achro, Achrom, and Chris. Chris is the Psychic this round, which means he is the one that will think of a word. Chris is given the category Worst mafa player to Best mafia player. Chris is told that the number is 1. Chris tells his team “Katze in Umineko FM at final 3” because you can’t get any worse than being pocketed by the final witch for the entire game in a private neighborhood when that person has, in your plain view, bemoaned not having a wolf rand in champs on numerous ocassions (do not reply to this and argue with me). His team then has to try and guess a number from 1 to 21 given his hint, and get as close to 1 as possible. They will get it correct btw.

How do I win, Wavelength God, The Big Supernova Loving and Lego Hating, Achromatic??

Whoever gets the most points after all players have been the Psychic twice wins!

Points are based on how close your team guesses to the correct number. If your team gets the exact number, you get 25 points. 1 away is 20 points, 2 away is 18 points, 3 away is 16 points, 4 away is 14 points; 5 away is 12 points, 6 away is 10 points, 7 away is 8 points, 8 away is 6 points, 9 away is 4 points, and finally 10 away is 1 point.

But there’s more! The other teams can get points by guessing at the other team’s prompts as well! Unlike traditional Wavelength you won’t have the psychic team’s guess to guide you, but the rewards are much better! You will get 1/3 of the points; rounded to the nearest hundredth decimal place, for each answer. With 3 opposing teams it makes guessing other teams collectively equally as important as guessing your own! Exciting!

Phase Lengths and More Instructions

• There will be one giant moshpit of a phase during each game day:
  • Guessing Phase is when the team’s Psychic receives their category, chooses their word, and then their team submits a guess for their team’s TWO psychic guesses! Obviously psychics can participate in discussion for the guess that is not theirs when usually they would have to remain silent, but no funny business.
  • Anarchy Guessing Phase is when other teams guess the number of other teams’ psychic words! These words will be delivered promptly with a single hint by Achromatic, although we can’t ensure it will be a helpful one because he’s just so zany.
  • The phase will last until EOD or when all times LOCK in ALL guesses! Whichever is sooner! Failure for all team members to LOCK in their guess will result in the majority LOCK in being right, ties broken by discobot rolled by Bob
  • If all teams are finished way early, you all get a gold star from Achromatic!
  • DO NOT attempt to make stupid words or phrases that obviously hint at the number you’re trying to get your team to guess like “a kazte that’s about 20/21 bad at mafia” Loophole God Achromatic does not like this.
  • Team discussion will be held and categories/numbers/words will be given in forum DMs
  • Categories will be randomly chosen from a pre-made list of categories
  • Phases will start rough SOD and end roughly EOD, although please give some leeway for other host duties. Please have who will receive the prize ready in advance before EOD so it can be handed out promptly for the next nomination phase.

THE MOLE

Breaking news! A member of spec chat has turned in an answer sheet instead of the mole. As the fun god this pleases me so i burned the answers the mole gave me and will instead grade this publicly. This has been run through the cutting edge of text editing software to completely hide the identity of the spectator who sent this in. There is not a trace remaining from their original answers. None of their actual answers are formatted in any way like they were originally so i am confident their identity is perfectly safe.

Let us begin. The score will be at the bottom.

What year did the Mole register to this website?

2021 nya

What letter does The Mole’s name begin with?

T nya

What are the Mole’s preferred listed pronouns?

she/her nya

What was the last game the Mole played in before this one? (completed games only)

that one game that Achro subbed out of because he was afraid of the Apo/Tutuu/Baker triple threat about to kill his team. Nya(we counted this as the sorc 17er!)

How many posts did the Mole finish with before Night 1?

not enough if i was there i would have the most posts they are slacking big time, nya (we counted this as 206)

Does the Mole’s PFP have more than 50% black in it?

Yes nya

Was the Mole nominated Day 1?

Yes nya

Did the Mole get a Wish Granted as per post 4 of this topic

No and neither did I. That exam was dumb nya

Did the Mole win a prize day 1?

no nya

Is the Mole Dead?

would be a pretty neat trick if they were, nya!

Thank you to our anonymous spectator once again. They scored a 5/10 on this test. Please do whatever you like with this knowledge and best of luck Mole hunting!

Chapter 1: The Man With Two Faces
A story by Christopher
Dedicated to a friend, who I miss every day

The streets were soaked with blood. How many years had it been since it was anything but this? A living nightmare brought to life, plunging an entire realm into the darkness. Horrors filled the skies as days and nights blurred. Some were old enough now to have children of their own, never knowing what a sun even was. Days ceased to have meaning, and so too did every other form of time eventually. Clocks stopped working. Anything to measure time did, actually. No matter the instrument it would never cease to fail in this new world. Once time lost all meaning, so did all the other rules and so called natural order that society had been built atop. A house built upon a cliff where each passing moment waves crashed against it. The foundation was never going to last forever. Not that the fools living there would hear of it. Each wave contributing to the erosion until, yes! At last! The tipping point had arrived! Then the house crashed along with the waves in the murky waters below. Memories of the dead to mourn what had once been were all that remained.

The tipping point in this case was a man. At least, he called himself a man at times. Sometimes he called himself ‘The Master’ and others he would ramble about being a God of this or that. He did not come for a mere house upon a cliff though. If only he were so small minded. He came for my entire realm. All that I had paid money for even if I didn’t technically create it. Even so! It was mine! I had the contracts and everything! He had no right to come in and change everything! It wasn’t fair! I still remember our first meeting all those terrible years ago…

Flashback: ??? Years, ??? Months, ??? Days, ??? Hours, ??? Minutes, ??? Seconds in the Pas… Futur… Presen… ???

I sat in my foyer reading the messages I had sent out earlier back to myself. I sure was a hoot. Worth every penny of that 40 billion to stroke my small, pathetic ego. Or was it to better everyone’s lives? I always tended to get the truth and my marketing team’s ideas mixed up. No matter. Just as I was about to promote myself once more, a man appeared in front of me with such a suddenness I yelped. Before I knew it I had taken a tumble and fell to the floor on my backside. I looked up to see the visage of a young man smiling at me. I let out a sigh of relief at the friendly looking face before in the next moment his face warped. From friendly and gentle, to worn and stoic. Eyes far older than the body might suggest. Then it was gone. No. It was still there. At the same time? That was impossible though. You couldn’t have two faces at once.

“Hello, you’ve been staring awhile, see something you like?” said the man with a cheeky grin.

Unlike before the smile stayed long enough for me to get out a response. “What are you doing here?” It felt like the best place to start.

The man’s face turned back into stone at that. “Right to the point then, fair enough. I am here to take your realm as my own, Emperor Quirx Xanderflare. I have come to offer terms. I hear you paid 40 billion for it, yes?” Asked the man with an arched eyebrow.

That number was well publicized. “That is correct,” I said.

The smiling face returned to the forefront. “I am nothing if not fair. I will pay you 50 billion for it. Double what it’s worth after your… let’s say unfortunate management of the realm and call it a day,” said the man whose smile never left his face. The smile felt relaxed, at ease. Like I could trust him. I knew I could trust this man. With anything and everything. He would never let me down. I could entrust everything to him. I just didn’t know what to make of that other face.

“I hardly make deals with a person whose name I do not know,” I said. “You have me at a disadvantage. What is yours?”

The man’s face shifted for an instant before returning to that same smile. “Ah. Of course. I have been so busy lately I forgot my manners. You may call me Achromatic.”

I took a look at the man’s clothing. He was fair skinned, yes, but he had vivid blue eyes and wore an attire unbefitting of his name. Even so, I suppose you couldn’t wear whatever your name meant. One you got at birth, one you chose every day. Or so I would think. “A pleasure. So, this offer?” I managed to sputter out after realizing I had been staring into those eyes for too long.

“Ah! Yes indeed. So I have use for this realm of yours, great Emperor. In exchange for giving me the rights to do as I like with your realm you actually get to keep it. I am not greedy, you see. I don’t need ownership of the realm. I just need a little bit of space for some creative redesigning of this or that. A nudge here. A poke there. I am the creative type you see. I like to dream big. Always have! My mother used to tell me my imagination could fill a night’s sky. Wouldn’t you know it, she might’ve been onto something!” He looked me right in the eyes with those beautiful azure orbs and flashed me the most sincere smile I had ever seen. I could feel it. What was I worried about before, another face? I must have been dreaming.

As the man talked I could not help but admire him, and as I looked into his eyes I felt a strange sensation take over me. Was I aroused? By another man? No… no that wasn’t it. I had been overcome with confidence in this man. Every word he told me I knew came from his heart. He meant me no harm. He was here to save me. I mean my realm. Yes. My realm was what he had stopped by to negotiate for. Not me. A silly thought.

“I must say sir,” I said trying to steady my racing heart, “I have never met a more charismatic man in my life. I cannot wait to allow you to do whatever it is you want. I was so moved, I’ll even sell you the realm for the original 40 I paid!” I had never done anything like this before. Who cares though! It’s my money after all! if I want to save a handsome, charming young man who will save me and my realm and me and me always and forever me nothing matters to him but me it is only me he sees only me he desires I will be his everything forever and ever he will cherish me he will protect me I am his one and only me… What was I thinking again? I shook my head loose from the cobwebs and looked at the man. The smile was brighter than ever.

“My darling man” I said trying to steady my racing heart, “I have never met a more lovely man in my life. I cannot wait to allow you to do whatever it is you want to me. I was so excited, I’ll even sell you the realm for the original 40 I paid!” I looked onto the man’s gorgeous eyes with hope that i could buy his love.

“You are generous,” said Achromatic. “But! A deal’s a deal. I said I would pay 50 and you best believe I always honor my word. Down to the letter. I don’t like liars you see, so I make sure never to be one. I have no need for the money you would save me.” He pulled out a single piece of paper along with an ornate purple pen and handed both to me. “Standard Waiver. Your money will transfer within the day once you sign.”

With a joy I had not felt since a child I opened the pen with a great smile on my face. In seconds I had signed my name at the bottom of the Waiver. I didn’t even take time to read a single word of it.

Achromatic smiled at me as I smiled at him. “We’re all set then. Good. Now I can get to work.”

Back to the Now

“You look glum,” Said Achromatic from beside me. Like a majority of his visits lately there was blood all over him. That charming smile was replaced with the grin of a mad man. His voice, once the most succulent honey, now tipped in mockery and a touch of venom. This was no mere observation. It was a victory lap.

“Are you here to finally kill me?” I asked. There was no use talking to this thing. Monster? A disservice to your monster friends. A God? It was possible, they had patches of cruelty like this one. A man? No. There was no possibility that this being in front of me could be described as plainly as a man.

“Yes,” said Achromatic. “That is correct. No need to draw this out, I am not without my kindness as you know. Thank you for letting me use the Tweetrealm as the testing grounds for my ideas. I learned a thing or two. The experience has been enlightening.” He smiled at me, and for a moment I felt everything I had felt before rush back. Then the smile faded and those feelings along with it.

“Fuck you,” I said. I had no energy left to spare him, or me.

“We did that once, you were better than I would have expected I admit,” said Achromatic with a smile. He hopped to his feet in front of me and now there it was. What I had come to believe was his true face. That emotionless expression. Cuts marring an otherwise beautiful face. Eyes as old as anything I knew. This was the true face of Achromatic.

Achromatic drew a sword from nothing. It was beautiful beyond description. “Ah, Excalibur. A childhood favorite. A weapon befitting the end to both an Emperor and his empire. Fare thee well, my old lover.” Before I could comprehend the words the sword plunged into my heart. With one last terrible cough of blood, my vision grew dark and I knew my story had ended.

If only I could have taken that terrible Achromatic with me. A shame. I did not have the strength. I pray in my final moment that someone, anyone, could stop him.

@Kabazame has died. They must choose an heir.

Day two starts.

Oh yeah and @Magnus @Garfooled @Zorvo got sent to a different world. They may still talk here. Just know they are currently ADVENTURING and might not have time to play mafia.

Nominations are open for 24 hours.

Sorry people.

Why you sorry?

im gonna nominate animal unless its a mechanically bad idea if someone wants to object

eliza isnt mafia because she tried to complete the ladder

im not mafia either

animal isnt jester because she could have won if she just stayed quiet

even if animal is town i find their actions egregious and i dont find a world where i dont try to kill them for it

1 Like

Supposedly it was a bad idea according to Hazard
Due to jester and all

i dont understand

hazard never objected, he just expressed pessimism that jester might win

are you justifying animal’s sabotage?

I said could be a bad idea. Not that we shouldnt do it. I kept my bote where it was the whole game

ARR ARR

ARR ARR ARR

Never moved it

Bad dog.