Blood on the Forums XX - Mathematician Hell - Signups (10/15 + 2)

WAIT

I JUST REALIZED

IF YOU SWAP ROGUE AND POLITICIAN ABILITIES WITH EACH OTHER THEIR FLAVORS STILL MAKE SENSE

2 Likes

oh! NDA? ok yeah fair enough

1 Like

No im not under an NDA I’m just choosing to respect the fact that TPI prolly doesn’t want unfinished characters spreading

1 Like

Because god damn

I do genuinely think it is just Not Finished

1 Like

Anyway

Please feel free to guess that ability from there.

Each night*, choose a letter of the alphabet: they die.

1 Like

now enough about character abilities

we need to talk about character flavor texts

1 Like

most of the experimental character flavor texts are incredibly boring, weird references or something profound that doesn’t actually explain anything (there are exceptions are probably things like farmer and general but weh)

like what the hell is plague doctor, high priestess or flavor text supposed to mean.

this is a shame because base 3 scripts have really good flavor texts and i think that’s really important and charming. I understand why each character does what they do. But for some of the experimental characters it’s like “When a man lies, he murders some part of the world” and I’m like “YOU’RE A KNIGHT NOT A PHILOSOPHER EXPLAIN TO ME HOW BEING A KNIGHT IS RELATED TO YOUR ABILITY”

1 Like

This is also a good time to mention Acrobat, who although is not the most interesting character, has no need for a flavor text because the flavor of his character in relation to his ability is already so well executed that you just need to think about it for 5 seconds.

So instead the chad Acrobat namedrops the script he is in for his flavor text and that’s all you need to know about him.

okay side tangent over.

tldr; I like reading flavor texts and if a character’s ability isn’t anything special, I at least like to see some charming flavor text on them

1 Like

Eh I wouldn’t say most are boring

Props to Bounty Hunter and Heretic though because damn that flavor

1 Like

I legit don’t understand Bounty Hunter’s flavor text and so I’m defaulting it to probably being a pop culture reference

1 Like

It is most definitely a reference to the same movie as the icon

However, “and I… I am the cure” is a damn raw line

1 Like

i love golem flavor

by the way, I think Spy’s old bugged flavor text on the wiki where his flavor text was just a word for word copy paste of the Saint’s was actually a better fit than it’s current one

1 Like

okay now amelia can you explain to me harpy, vizier, high priestess, plague doctor or organ grinder flavor text (im like 99% sure organ grinder’s text is definitely referencing something but i cant put my finger on it)

Alright, I’ll be closing this thread now. Sorry Amelia.

Game thread:
Spectators / Travellers / Replacements should message us directly.