BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

it sounds like. hell on earth for everyone involved

okay but admittinly it’s really funny to make yourself harpy mad if evils are losing terribly

1 Like

Someone who didnt put enough thought into that combo

3, everyone knows if harpy isn’t in play, so you can’t use that as a hypoworldbuilding element

Investiac

the investigator vizier jinx is a sin of character design and it isn’t even in the top 5 worst jinxes. possibly not even top 10

2 Likes

And yet its one of the most popular jinxed interactions on unofficial methinks

Does vizier have to reveal itself to force an exe(

It doesn’t say pubicilly so

i think it does, so invest isn’t completely just worse than it would be if it wasn’t there

even if it doesn’t a surprise vizier exe at least confirms invest is in play

To be fair the invest is confirmed!

Oh no… yeah no that’s not a 7P script, nah.

Watch Midnight get 20 players when I’m STing that.

I was recently wondering about the preferred voting systems for BOTF on FoL, because everyone feels differently about them and share their thoughts all over the shop. So I posted a centralised poll to condense the popular votes.

Which BOTF voting systems are you most comfortable with?
  • Tight Classic (Multi-Voting, votes lock in a circle, requires a 50% majority)
  • Loose Classic (Multi-Voting without locked votes, requires a 50% majority)
  • Mafia-Adjacent (Singular + Plurality voting)
  • Hybrid (Multi + Plurality voting)

0 voters

This is just more of a personal question, but I’m dying to know.

Which BOTF whispering systems would you be most comfortable with?
  • Limited (A select number of whispers for each player per day)
  • Unlimited (Players can whisper as many times as desired)
  • No Neighbour Whispers (Players have to announce whispering their neighbours)
  • Closed Neighbour Whispers (Players can send an unannounced 15 word message to both neighbours each day)
  • Open Neighbour Whispers (Players can silently whisper their neighbours as many times during the day as desired)
  • Demon Whisper (Each Demon can send an unannounced 15 word message to anyone once per game)

0 voters

your second poll doesn’t distinguish between “non-neighbor whispers must explicitly be announced” (as is standard on FoL and BotCU, but not everywhere) and “not that”

2 Likes

Why do people prefer limited whispers? Is it because it encourages people to talk & share info in thread?

ya, unlimited whispers also makes it easier for good and longform botc is already fairly townsided

Litten and I used to whisper and unwhisper each other like once every 5 minutes

That’s fine and healthy

1 Like