BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

Bad Mom Racing

3 Likes

legitimate suggestion
replace lunatic with drunk because lunatic really does not work in longform botc with no magician, poppy grower, marionette
nya

1 Like

ill make it work

1 Like

ramble mode
intensify only did damage to town because he managed to somehow accidentally doubleplay both arctic and zone into both thinking they were his marionette
and their 3rd minion was a d1 outed psychopath
and there was a magician on script

there are so many ways that could have gone sideways and just lead to intensify finding out d1, and thats even with a magician and a marionette

1 Like

I mean the main changes I’m making from that game are 1. less travellers (also the game can’t start with travellers) and 2. (maybe) limited whispers. Whispers would probably be proportional in some kind to the amount of people playing but I like the idea of limited whispers and neighbor whispers, and I think lunatic works well with both of those. Unlimited whispers is what really kills lunatic

Replace Lunatic with Acrobat

Genius

2 Likes

unlimited whispers does really kill lunatic but removing them doesnt make lunatic necessarily alive again
it doesnt stop you from waltzing up to any minion and asking for them to claim to you and if they claim minion then youre not lunatic

1 Like

In conclusion lunatic suck

1 Like

something good for lunatic would be

1. a townsfolk somewhere in between lunatic and poppy grower, imo poppy grower is really really strong and magician is pretty garbage
  2. telling the demon who the lunatic minions are - theres no reason really not to do this in longform, lets evil players know if theyre dealing a lunatic whether to act like a minion or not a minion, whether or not to bother, etc etc - only reason you dont do it in shortform is time constraints + information constraints
1 Like

Double Agent
What do you mean it’s literally stronger than both?

1 Like

I dunno seemed pretty weak when I played it, perhaps it could use a buff

1 Like

to be fair it was only weak because 1. you immediately outed publicly and 2. leafia immediately outed evil sod1

that was the joke

1 Like

Mole time

What do you mean that doesn’t count

Fwiw if you really want townsfolk to help out the deception

Atheist is an extremely heavy handed example but it might just work
Same with Mole

Bounty Hunter’s evil townsfolk will be happy to deceive a lunatic

Ah fuck I ran out of ideas already

1 Like

(and no, not even I know of any intermediary characters between Magician and Poppy Grower)

might replace magician on my script with a homebrew weaker poppy grower
something like pg but minions still know each other?

Could work

All of my ideas above are really heavy handed :wowee:

Dial up tone thinking of unreleased characters that could help a lunatic

does Vat Dweller count

1 Like

tell 5 separate outsiders that they are all now the evil fang gu

Genius

Except I just realized you could totally have one Lunatic thinking their minions are other Lunatics, who learn that the original Lunatic is a Lunatic

Lunatic

1 Like