BoTF XIX: Fall of Rome (13/15) + (3/5) Travelers Signups Closed

Pretty much this. Two players think they’re good, yet they’re unknowingly evil and the Demon.

“Okay mister you either are winemade, bad omen, hannibal, spartacus, augur’ed or lying!!!”

As far as I’m aware. Hazard and I have the most experience with Fall of Rome out of the FoLers.

1 Like

I really wanted to play Fall of Rome for a while

Could you fix the character chart please?

you dont know how many times we tried

Would you like for me to fix it for you and then you could just put it in?

that would be awesome if you could

Try this.

Summary
Possible Townsfolk Characters
Sculptor You start knowing a player. Each night*, you learn the alignment of their most recent nomination.
Vestal Virgin You start knowing 1 good & 1 evil character, which of which is in play. When they die, that night you learn1 good and 1 evil character, 1 of which is in play
Physician Each night, choose two players (not yourself): they are sober, healthy and get true info tonight. The 1st time the Demon kills one, you learn the Demon type.
Legionary Each night, you learn how many living evil players are sat clockwise between yourself and a living Legionary. [+0 to +2 Legionary]
Trumpeter Each night*, you learn how many evil players publicly claimed to be Spartacus today.
Mortician Each night*, if a player died by execution today you learn if either of their living neighbors are evil.
Standard Bearer When you are nominated, you may make a unique public statement about the nominator (not yourself). Tonight, you learn If the statement is true.
Centurion If you nominate & execute a living player, their team loses. You are safe from the Demon. If you publicly claimed to be Spartacus, you are drunk until down.
Merchant Once per game, at night*, choose to learn which characters have nominated you.
Gladiator Once per game, during the day, publicly choose a living player. Tonight, you and they wake & silently play Roshambo: whoever loses dies (someone must lose).
Actor Once per game, during the day, publicly guess 3 players’ character types (not yourself, 1 guess per type). That night, you learn how many you got correct.
Blacksmith The 1st time the Demon kills you, you live & gain a not-in-play Townsfolk ability.
Scholar The 1st time you nominate a living Outsider, they immediately become a not-in-play Townsfolk. [+1 Outsider]
Possible Outsider Characters
The Twins You start knowing a player: If either of you are executed, all Townsfolk are drunk until dusk tomorrow.
Winemaker Your Townsfolk neighbours are drunk, but every other night, you are drunk until dusk, even if you are dead.
Spartacus If an evil player guesses you (once), your team loses. You might register as a Townsfolk; each day. If you did not publicly claim to be Spartacus, you don’t.
Bad Omen You do not know you are a Bad Omen. You think you are a Townsfolk, but you receive false information. You might register as evil, even if dead.
Possible Minion Characters
Temptress On your 1st night choose two players: they learn that they are chosen. The 1st time one of them dies by execution, the other becomes evil that night.
Haruspex Each night, choose a player: you learn their character. The 1st night you choose twice in this way, dies. [+ Spartacus]
Glykon You might register as good. Players you nominate register as their opposite alignment until dawn, and if they were good, they are also poisoned until dawn.
Augur If a Townsfolk nominates you, they immediately become a Bad Omen
Possible Demon Characters
Cleopatra Each night, choose two players: If they nominate tomorrow, they die that night. Each day, if a good player (Travellers don’t count) does not nominate, evil wins.
Crassus Each night*, choose a player: they die. If the 1st Crassus publicly claims to be Spartacus & dies with 5 or more players alive, an evil player becomes Crassus
Hannibal You think you are a good character, but you are not. Minions learn 3 bluffs. Each night*, a player might die. The 1st Hannibal to die, becomes good. [+1 Hannibal]
Caesar Each night*, choose a player: they die. The 1st time an evil player dies by execution, that night, choose an additional player: they die.
1 Like

@CRichardFortressLies

Add a line between Legionary and their ability text in the OP.
Remove a line between Gladiator and their ability text in the OP.

That looks better. Thanks.

1 Like

I would like to in as a Mercenary firstly, and as a player secondly if there are either not enough signups or if nobody wants to take me up on my sword.

1 Like

Which seat would that be btw?

It always needs to be my lucky seat 13.

@May you’re in Rome, right?
Actually don’t join as a Mercenary because you’re polarised.

2 Likes

I don’t think she’s still in Rome anymore, actually. I think he left a bit ago.

2 Likes

botc time I’m in

1 Like

Ferb, I know what we’re gonna do today

1 Like

Come right in

1 Like