FAM2 Game Thread 4 - Day 5 - The Mafia (and Italy) have won!

Oh yeah

@FAM_2_Players for science

FAM 1 vs. FAM 2 Phase Timings
  • I played both games and preferred 36/12
  • I played both games and preferred 24/24
  • I played only one game but think 36/12 would be preferable to 24/24
  • I played only one game but think 24/24 would be preferable to 36/12

0 voters

General Phase Timings
  • I think 48/24 is ideal for this kind of game
  • I think 36/12 is ideal for this kind of game
  • I think 24/24 is ideal for this kind of game
  • I think 12/12 is ideal for this kind of game

0 voters

1 Like

gdi discourse I chose single

Gonna edit the poll, will wipe everyone who already answered

12/12 is never ideal because some people have work and school
a 12/12 schedule could mean some people can never show up unless they sleep unhealthily

1 Like

This is why we didn’t do it - half the hosts couldn’t physically host a 12/12

Yeah 24 hour honestly worked really well here if a bit long on the nights

1 Like

Imagine being able to take a day off

I think I have to apologize. My performance was way below my average here.
And, yeah, I know you are gonna tell me that I checked one mafia and then led lynch on between 2 others.

But I’m not proud of it .
First of all, it was too late. As you know, I read on person by person (one after another, full iso, one at a time).
Day 1 I’ve read like… Hippo, Wind, Shending, Fk and… I think Derps? Who were all town.
And you could see it with me protecting Hippo and Cape later on.

Issue is - that’s 0 scum.
On day 2 - Arctic, sure. I decided to not step up and convince on Arctic lynch, due to too strong narration to kill the “redcheck”. Some stuff needs to be removed from game, sure. Even if I didn’t agree with it.

Only on d3/4 I started to reading wolfs - Marl, nightingale, Ruby, Alice etc.
That was unlucky that they ended up being read only this late. But that’s not main issue.

Main issue is that I failed in finding any macro play which is worth it this game. And in result “carry” the game. Which many of you hopped in dvc. Again, sorry for that.

All 5 prizes I got had to be instantly used (ranging between “this night” and “you got 10 minutes to chose”).
Dead roles to inherit? Cop, which is not very helpful when I start isoing mafia or strongwiller. Neither could really turn the game around.

And I didn’t have any good plan myself to turn this game around.
And that’s what many of you hopped for. For me to bend reality by some macro planning again.

So again, I’m sorry. I couldn’t find my macro place in this game. I tried to compensate for it by defending towns, but that’s not really my forte.

3 Likes

Gg i was katze

1 Like

Jane, Icibalus, Mercenary, Vulgard, Conroy, and Trochilidae also got roles despite not playing
I think Taffy, catbae, molly, Shending, Nanook, Demisha and nutella got no roles
What other non-player got a role

2 Likes

Intensify

Intensify kinda
Vanished after the 6th
Hope he still exists

NOOO NOT INTENSIFY

1 Like

I feel you guys give my wolf game too much credit. Though if you’ve seen the last BoTF, I wouldn’t blame you if you’re scared I’m a wolf.

1 Like

Legit
He posted a message at like 11:39 EST in nerdcord about sounds that sounded like fireworks
And then was never heard from again

yea, like intensify is off the grid

so uh

legit, maybe someone should check on him prolly if they can

1 Like

its been a month since hes been online

As I said in the DVC, your play was actually fairly good and a lot of the reasons why town still failed was due to a mixture of town collapsing early game and that wolves this game played fairly aggressively to the point that you couldn’t really do much.

Hippo and Wind both died to Arctic. You couldn’t really do much to save them.

All three of these were shot at night. So again nothing could’ve been done to save them.

Issue when it came to Cape/Arctic was more of a poor play of AT being unable to vocalize his checks properly. You don’t make very absolutist claims as cop like “X is definitely town” unless you have a green check on them as that’s what people are going to interpret when they backread you post-flipping. AT never outing their actual check and then making those comments IRT YBW/Cape pretty much sealed Cape’s fate. The fact that Arctic was wolfing and he has this extremely aggressive wolf play-style just made things several times worse for town.

Like, as I said before, by the time you picked it up it was kind of impossible to carry due to much of the chaos that happened in the first three days killing all vocal villagers. By D4 town literally only had you as a V-aligned town leader versus Marl/Me/Night and there was also the issue where you all had to kill exactly pigeon to win.

Maybe if Nut hadn’t died in boats or Chloe died to a hero shot then things could’ve been different as it’d be far easier to push back against the D4 powerwolfing, but yeah. A villager alone rarely can solo-carry a normal mafia game. The fact that this was a 54p’er where wolves had a lot of power players like Marl, Arctic, or I made the game far more difficult for you so it’s not like carrying the game would be an easy task.

1 Like

also Ty hosts for hosting and giving me my literal favorite role in mafia
mod poster
I love it similar to messenger because I can lie my ass off and feed myself dopamine
And since I had three messages I could do it guilt free

3 Likes

ty to the hosts as well for giving me what is currently my fav role in mafia, I wish I was able to live longer and use it, but even the first night was a ton of fun and I really like how creatively I couldve used that role, sinec I had big plans

2 Likes

That’s actually concerning.

4 Likes