Flowers & Plagues [BotF] - (11/15) + (1/2)

fear me

for I am the Recluse with the Spy ability

2 Likes

How does philosopher work if they choose mutant?

1 Like

the mutant, if inplay, cannot die via their own ability until the philo mutant dies

if the Philosopher claims they have the mutant ability, they could, theoretically, get away with it. however, given the line madness is on, that could be viewed by the st as them breaking madness by skirting around being the mutant, and could be executed by the st

it depends on how the st views it

(i double checked, this should be correct)

2 Likes

philo-mutant is not the mutant, they are a townsfolk, not an outsider

however, the st could view it as them claiming to be an outsider, the mutant, and trying to skirt around directly claiming it.

sorry

2 Likes

/in seat 11

been a while

hope i don’t roll demon again that would sure be a shame : )

5 Likes

i would play but poppy grower esp + philo has me on the edge
not that its bad fundamentally, i just hate playing in poppy grower games

1 Like

Why the fuck would you willingly choose mutant

1 Like

i should probably explain this
during n1, the minions and demon won’t be told who their partners, or lack thereof until the end of the night, to not spew whether or not philo magician/poppygrower is inplay
they can, if they wish, submit an ordered list of players
upon receiving their info, it will skip any evil players on the list and target the numerical “first good player”
this is the only simple workaround i could feasibly find on forums
sorry

2 Likes

tldr philo poppy grower is a logistical nightmare
which i also hate for unrelated reasons

i’m fine with having it on script
i can explain why if you want

Because you can cover the Mutant.

1 Like

“I’m the mutant”
“No I’m the mutant”
Litten was executed

The Philosopher could also take the Lunatic’s ability to neutralise that Outsider. It’s not the best use of their power, but it’s valid.

A Philosopher Damsel has a bluff that an actual Damsel won’t.

Honestly poppy grower is probably ~less bad in longform where you have a lot more time to put together who’s possibly on your team

1 Like

We all know that the PG will hardclaim D1 to at least three different players anyway.

Philo Lunatic can choose lunatic N1 and genuinely pretend that they are the lunatic to the demon

It’s… a choice of all time but its funny

1 Like

The lunatic wouldn’t be made aware they are drunk though, correct?

im not attacking its value in general, just that it de-emphasises the style of evil play that makes playing evil so fun to me
if you want to explain im open to hearing it though

1 Like

No

But the demon won’t know who they’re picking (and on the first night, the demon would learn the philosopher as the lunatic instead)

On the first night they would get fake demon bluffs, “minions” and a demon power that doesn’t work?
that sounds funny enough to try