3 Likes

That moment was anything but funny tbh

I third this cuz orange is a salty nerd

7 Likes

hehe boats go brrr

2 Likes

what do you do with a drunken sailor early in the morning

1 Like

Remember to use the discussion thread for discussions and keep this thread for nominations

This is not a joke nomination in case anyone was thinking that was the case.

the list of eligible categories can be found in the OP

1 Like

I have no idea why Best Troll isn’t considered a valid category.

4 Likes

I nominate @Geyde (with acknowledgement and mention of the involvement of @Chloe, @DatBird, @Arete, and myself), for creating Best Setup as lead designer of CFM3 (Community Forum Mafia 3 // FoL Anniversary Mash). That game was a stellar monstrosity of a project and Geyde powered through to do the core of the work on a huge, decidedly well-made game, in a very short time period.

11 Likes

I second this

4 Likes

While I think Whysper should absolutely win this award, I think orange deserves a nomination for his involvement in setting up FoLrus and listening to my complains/suggestions about site UI. Unsure if this counts since his account has moderation permissions but isn’t technically a mod (I think?)

2 Likes

second both of these.

I am indeed not a moderator

also if this is for the old site than the UI stuff isn’t relevant

1 Like

nom @sulit and @katze’s VLDR1 for best misc (legacy)

am finally getting around to playing zero escape and was reminded of this game and how much fun it was. Cool concept brought to fol, ended up being a very engaging misc with a lot of tense moments and map discovery. Trying to solve the mystery of who killed Zone was a huge highlight of the game. even if parts of it ended up being scuffed (mainly people not being able to follow the no claiming rule) I had a lot of fun and think it deserves a nom

Seconding

B O A T S

1 Like

I nominate the Henry Stickman Vig 10er for Best Town Performance, Group (Small Game).

According to the list of categories, the Best Town Performance, Group (Small Game) is given out β€œFor collective excellence as town, in a game with 15 or fewer players.” In 2021, prior to the move between sites, the following games with 15 or fewer players were town victories:

• Henry Stickman Vig 10er
  • Golden Wind Smalltown
  • Sonic the Hedgehog FM
  • Catgirl Bomb Nightless
  • Percy Jackson FM
  • A Hat In Time Cop 13er

Out of those games, several of them had points that were extremely loltown to the point that I’m somewhat uncomfortable nominating them for an overall group performance award (such as quickhammering a villager β€˜because it’s funny’), or were primarily lost due to wolfplay rather than due to good townplay. Although the vig 10er did have some questionable moments from both alignments, such as a V/V thunderdome on day 1, overall the town effectively worked together to eliminate the wolves, with several individual townies contributing well to this effort. As such, I believe this was the best town performance on FoL in a small game in 2021.

1 Like

i second this

Nominate @Jane for Best Misc Performance for their performance in Danganronpa 5

While lots of players in that game played well, most of them were nerds who refused to kill anyone >:( and therefore I’m not nominating them. Jane was the only player in the game to successfully get away with a murder, and although they did have an advantage in that they were committing a poison murder, which are easier to escape with, they nonetheless were able to trick a player who had access to a live feed of all actions in all rooms into drinking the poison, by disguising it as a helpful item. After they were narrowly PoE’d as a potential killer, they persuaded the rest of the players to vote the dead player as the killer, despite the fact that one player who had a suicide wincon had already flipped, by leveraging their utility as a player, especially their ability to solve puzzles, which they had already demonstrated by solving several puzzles that other players had struggled with.

Overall, many players did an excellent job of roleplaying their characters. However, in terms of proactively achieving their win condition, Jane did an especially good job.

4 Likes