๐Ÿ† FoL Awards 2021 - Nominations Thread

Nominate @Jane for Best Misc Performance for their performance in Danganronpa 5

While lots of players in that game played well, most of them were nerds who refused to kill anyone >:( and therefore Iโ€™m not nominating them. Jane was the only player in the game to successfully get away with a murder, and although they did have an advantage in that they were committing a poison murder, which are easier to escape with, they nonetheless were able to trick a player who had access to a live feed of all actions in all rooms into drinking the poison, by disguising it as a helpful item. After they were narrowly PoEโ€™d as a potential killer, they persuaded the rest of the players to vote the dead player as the killer, despite the fact that one player who had a suicide wincon had already flipped, by leveraging their utility as a player, especially their ability to solve puzzles, which they had already demonstrated by solving several puzzles that other players had struggled with.

Overall, many players did an excellent job of roleplaying their characters. However, in terms of proactively achieving their win condition, Jane did an especially good job.

4 Likes

Seconding/thirding:

• Areteโ€™s Arctic Most Improved Player nomination
  • Vulgardโ€™s Arete Best Scum Performance nomination in Lord of the Rings FM (holy shit, that writeup was amazing)
  • Marshalโ€™s Firekitten Best Scum Player nomination
  • osieorbโ€™s Geyde Best Setup nomination

Seconding. I didnโ€™t see the performance in real time, but I backread the whole game at some point (or at least the public parts of it) and I found myself impressed with Jane pulling this off, considering they were a major suspect and the PoE was tiny.

we do not like to do a little trolling

i would like to nominate gghana as most dedicated player the ammount of energy is incredible

Final reminder that nominations close 2022-01-01T05:00:00Z!

:blobby:

5 Likes

seconding

3 Likes

i second all of these

1 Like

@Arete did you ever update the posts with my big one

I have no ability to

also itโ€™s literally a wiki, you should be able to

Not able to rn

Also I nominated way more than just myself wtf

1 Like

Yeah which is why I have a - by the Player/Team category rather than just listing orangeandblack5

The far right column is for the nominator

2 Likes

Thank you I cannot read things closely rn and gtg

suggestion: add an orangeandblack5 category

4 Likes

also while iโ€™m here iโ€™m gonna nominate sfol65 for best town performance (large game)

the game was a day 1 mylo and town won without miseliminating once
nuff said

(im mainly doing this so we have less awards which are automatically won due to being the only nomination :wowee:)

1 Like

Is this I get to choose a winner for anything I want

Iโ€™d be down

3 Likes

I nominate @Corn for the orangeandblack5 category

On first glance you may be tempted to say that only orangeandblack5 should win this award. But I disagree. Letโ€™s take a look at his pfp

Only 2 separate instances of the colors orange or black. Honestly pretty weak game if you ask me. Doesnโ€™t even get close to the promised โ€œ5โ€ in his name. Sad.

However, if we take a look at corn, we see his pfp both contains the colors orange and black and well exceeds the promised 5.

An argument could be made that we should be judging off of pure volume of the colors orange and black (which orangeandblack5 would win, having a 100% volume of those colors), but I think that way of thinking is a thing of the past. Itโ€™s not hard to hit 100% volume, and at that point itโ€™s impossible to determine a winner. Instead, looking at separate instances of the color allows us to determine who is truly the best orangeandblack5. And to me, thatโ€™s corn.

15 Likes

I second this

1 Like

Voting is now live. Cast your votes here:

Voting will close 2022-01-08T05:00:00Z

1 Like