πŸ† FoL Awards 2021 - Nominations Thread

Nominating Ritual Mafia 1 Town for Best Town Performance (Group) - Legacy Award

You may or may not remember that I nominated the Ritual Mafia 4 scumteam for the Best Scumteam award. I think that was entirely deserved, judging by how they dominated the game from start to finish.

This game is the opposite. It was equally one-sided… but the other way around.

The village killed a wolf and correctly sacrificed a villager every single day. They had a supremely correct POE and correctly cleared each other the whole game. The only wolf who had a chance of going deep, Marl, was dabbed on by a town PR on day 1, forcing the yeet onto him. Day 2, a consensus suspicion, PKR (replaced by Marcus by then), was yeeted and flipped mafia. Day 3, a villager with killpower was correctly sacrificed and killed Margaret, a third wolf; and finally, the day 3 yeet was the fourth wolf, Luxy.

It’s not like the wolves didn’t try to play the game; they just never got the chance to. Between a strong towncore and several players with excellent reads, they had no outs and no avenues. From day 2 onward, it was mostly the village posting, with wolves mostly sapped of willpower and drive. If you backread the game at that point, you will see pages upon pages of villagers posting and wolves not knowing how to respond to the tidal wave.

I’ve seen many games on this site, and while I haven’t seen as many as orange, there are few other games I’d rather nominate as β€œbest town performance.” If you’re in doubt, read that game; it only contains three thousand posts. Three thousand posts of the village styling on the wolves.

3 Likes

I second this as well.

1 Like

Second 100%

Gonna throw my noms in for all of these

Best Mechanical/Strategical Player:

Marluxion - Good mechanical play in NFoL5, managing to take me out through his PGO and led to town win. Led to a mechanical breakthrough in the last day of Return of the Darkness Upick, which allowed us to be able to clear him and a few other players. Shot katze in FAM. Managed to completely take advantage of his β€œlikes” role in Ciciona FM, giving wolves a huge boost. Overall just a super solid mech player.

Rookie-of-the-Year:

thepigeonnyc - Definitely not a rookie to the community, but certainly a rookie to mafia. After all of the pressuring we did to get him to play, I think the results ended up being solid. Brought some much needed enthusiasm to games, a lot for a player who was pretty new to playing in the game.

Best Team Player:

Arete - If I’m honest I vaguely remember them getting nommed for this before but I can’t find it so… here this is. Arete manages to work with team members as both alignments to ensure wincon is achieved. They ask great questions as town to figure out peoples alignments and deepen their own perspective, as mafia they do a great job supporting their team, acting as a glue that keeps peoples heads in the game. If this has already been nommed consider this a second or a third or whatever.

Best Town Player: For the best overall town player.

hippo - this one is prob my most spicy nom but I think theres a serious case for him as best villager. Hippo is the type of slot that wolves really want to ML but are simply never able to (I would know :upside_down_face:). Usually scumread early, hippo manages to get wolves to latch on to a push on him before managing to townclear himself and putting wolves in a tough position. RWBY is a perfect example of this (as is Sorc17 but thats new site so im legally not allowed to mention it xd). Usually just v +ev to have on your team as town.

Best Scum Player: For the best overall scum player.

firekitten - 2 very solid wolfgames in 2021. Endgamed, powerwolfed, won, in both shortnight 2 and in Orangevitational. Is capable of pulling off tough miselims while remaining outside of the PoE himself. Just an extremely capable and strong wolf who manages to both push the wolf agenda while being tough to eliminate.

Best All-Around Player: For a player who is β€œgood at everything, besides being cis"

katze - cmon. Its literally champze. Despite champze being a thing, this is a FoL nomination thread and so I’m going to pull on why kat is literally goated as both alignments only from FoL stuff. Good thing theres a ton of that too. To start it off, as mafia: Gay mafia played super well, endgamed, won. FAM played absurdly well, endgamed (in a huge fucking mash), won. As town: RoTD Upick - very solid reads on the game, drew a nightkill, and left softs that were interpereted as a straight up clear on a villager (at a point in the game where it was important that villager be cleared). NFoL5 as prince, managed to live a reasonably long time and also fooled the wolfteam, even after being found unconvertable, into thinking was NE. Also, champze. I rest my case.

every one i ignored i agree with an outstanding nomination as my #1

4 Likes

Seconding all of the above

Also will update table later tonight

Ok maybe later :wowee:

1 Like

I nominate smoothbrainpepega for
Best Neutral/Third Party Performance: For a good individual performance as a neutral role, in a game of any size.

4 Likes

This is the thread for 2021 awards

2022 awards will include games played on the new site

I’ll put that thread up later today and copy your nom

But just a heads upze

1 Like

Chloe you know I’m blind

The worst part is they technically won, although they were replaced

1 Like

second

2 Likes

Reminder that nominations close 2022-01-01T05:00:00Z

2 Likes

I mean that’s great but I’m 99.9% sure the second post isn’t updated so

1 Like

its a wiki go for it im on vacation

I nominate smoothbrainpepega for
Best Troll: They made the town not want to play the game in SFoL 64, and their accusations against the neutral killer Alice Alard made her look towny enough that she endgamed and won.

second

(also as a note the wiki at the beginning should be updated through P#56)

Who isn’t

second this

3 Likes

That moment was anything but funny tbh

I third this cuz orange is a salty nerd

7 Likes

hehe boats go brrr

2 Likes