🏆 FoL Awards 2021 - Nominations Thread

Second this

Legacy Nomination:

Best Scum Performance (Group) - Ritual Mafia 4 - Alice/KyoDaz/Wazza (starting scum) + Marshal (converted D2) + EVO (converted d3) + katze (lost wolf)

This doesn’t require a writeup as long as the one I made when I nominated Whysper. Wolves controlled this game from start to finish. Even when the villagers happened to be correct, the thread influence of the wolves was too strong, and they pulled the game back into where they wanted it to be.

The fact some of the best wolves on the playerlist randed wolf definitely helped them, but I think this still deserves a nomination just due to the sheer dominance the wolfteam had. They controlled the entire game, and this is no exaggeration. Nothing happened without them orchestrating it. You may notice that two wolves have flipped, but both times it suited the wolves’ agenda, since they were sacrificing their members for mechanical benefits.

After sacrificing Kyo for mechanical benefits and converting Marshal day 2, one of the louder town voices, there was a massive snowball effect. From day 3 onwards, most of the analysis in the thread was done by wolves, and they spent a large amount of time meming in the scumchat about how wrong the townies were. It was understandable! Most townies had wolf-infested towncores. No wonder they did when most people doing the solving and analysis were wolves pretending to be solvy townies. One of the highlights of their thread dominance was how they killed a townie on night 2 and then proceeded to debate in the thread whether the townie’s last will was fake or not, when they had TMI on it being real. In hindsight, it looks like they are openwolfing and getting away with it scot-free.

From day 3 onwards, the game continued as smoothly as before. Even though in LyLo one of their members was voted by a villager, they had no trouble shifting the momentum and voting out the final villager, sealing the game in a wolf victory.

Ritual Mafia 4 was one of the most onesided games I have ever seen. You could say town lost the game at rand, but really, the wolfteam made it onesided. No game starts onesided.

I’ll nominate Mashal for Best Town Performance (small game) for her performance in Sonic the Heghog FM (played offsite on MU in our subforum.) While her first few days weren’t anything special, she turned up the dial and managed to box in both of the remaining scum once i died. She managed to narrow the scumteam down so much that it was near impossible for scum to win even after she was nightkilled just before final 3, letting gorta and whysper quickly cleanup the last mafia.

Second.

[Mod note: Originally posted by astand]

1 Like

seconded

I nominate eevee for Community MVP
While he may have left the forums, that doesn’t mean you can’t get an award.
He showed us the flaws with the mod team, review team, and the community. These are things that some people are unwilling to face but are needed to be faced regardless, and he took on the challenge of doing so.

1 Like

I second this

Im gonna turn it around on the nominator
and am nominating thepigeonnyc for community mvp

The guy doesn’t really play mafia that much but is still active in the community
We’ve had our share of disagreements but in 2021 pigeon has been honestly a pretty chill part of the community. The guy clearly cares about this place in a way more than it just being a fun spot to hang out in.

It’s pretty early but I wanted to put this out there
because when I genuinely sit down and think “who here in 2021 (who is not a mod) is here and actively cares about improving and helping the community”
It’s pigeon

Also
he posted this, which itself is enough for me

seconding

Seconded.

Gonna throw a nom towards @orangeandblack5 (on Nyarchmage) for his play in catgirl bomb nightless

Despite blowing up a villager in his first post he managed to correctly PoE the remaining wolves and case the last one in the final 5. Solid play all around in a tricky setup to navigate and after a rough start, thought it deserved a mention.

Seconded, I was considering nominating that as well.

Nominating @Mistyx for FoL Annual Mash

Literally rock-solid town play on nearly every front, Mistyx completely crushed the game while also literally hosting another mash on the side. With fantastic reads from start to finish, great utilization of her role, and a strong leadership role in the town, Mistyx was almost undoubtedly the town player that did the most towards eliminating the scum, and arguably the only reason she didn’t was being put into a neighborhood with somebody whose sole purpose was to lead her astray. One of the best town performances in any rolemadness games on the site.

seconding

also nominating orangeandblack5 for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (large game) in the FoL Annual Mash

im too lazy to write an explanation so im forcing whoever seconds this to write it for me

if its even necessary

also nominating katze for the same

seconding

and because haha im also not writing an explanation

Community MVP: Marl

Reason:
I’ll give the reasoning later tbh it should be obvious why this lad deserves it

I second this

Throwing nominations at a bunch of legacy things. This is only things I remember, and not necessarily well, so it’s definitely not fully representative of the best things to ever happen on the site, and skews super heavily towards games I had some level of involvement with. I’m also continuing to treat notable pairs of players in large games as being more eligible for a joint individual award, as that feels way more right in most cases than trying to force a group award when the whole group may have been way worse than the specific pair.

Also, I have included myself in these nominations - hardly anybody is actually nominating legacy games, so I figure that’s fair. If you actually want to fight me on that feel free, but like, bruh.

Best Town Performance (Group)

Blue Dragon, FoL9 - Probably the first true instance of a “power town” on the site.

Prisoners, NSFM - A well-deserved town sweep, which saw all three scum chainlynched in only 10% of the town’s available time.

Best Town Performance (Individual)

orangeandblack5, FoL5 - Had correct reads on nearly every slot despite a secret Cult megabuff nobody anticipated. Probably still the best Good King game?

eevee, FoL12 - Probably the best fakeclaim I’ve ever seen. Completely wrecked just about the entire scumteam and the NK.

RoguePrime, SFoL21 - Arguably the best Prince game on the site. Out of 6 nights, they executed Cultists on 2 of them and jailed evils on 2 others.

orangeandblack5, Fire Emblem Fates FM - Sang “Take Me Home Country Roads” to save a townie from the D1 lynch and caught half the scum in the process. Also claimed NK to clear a townie.

Parfait, Ace Attorney FM - As one of the Lost Wolves, she managed to miss every single one of the very strong hints the scum were giving her to out them instead.

ErikaFurudo/Hippolytus, Umineko FM - Rock solid reads and great communication. It’s a shame the rest of the town imploded so hard.

orangeandblack5, Autumn Invitational - Had two scum caught in the first 100 posts, proceeded to shoot one and then give the Vig claim to another town.

Best Scum Performance (Group)

Gallian Invasion/Emperor, VCFM - Despite the Emperor being basically outed on D1 and losing the entire other scum faction to D2 ITAs, still managed to deepwolf to victory.

Mafia, Short Fuse 2 - The scum played an all-around great game here, winning despite losing two members to the first three detonates. Town probably self-destructed less than in Short Fuse 3 as well.

Mafia, 2d3 - A mafia sweep that was already nominated by Marl.

Best Scum/Neutral Performance (Individual)

orangeandblack5, FoL2 - Got button pressed and was completely outed. Spent the next several days messing with the BD and dodging death.

Ashe, FoL9 - As a Mercenary, was basically the strongest town player in a fantastic town game.

eevee, F11 - After losing his partner (gorta) to the D1 lynch, eevee 1v7’d the remaining town to come out victorious in F3.

Hippolytus, FoL6 - Probably the best Fool win on the site thus far, and it was his second one to boot.

Sam17z/Marluxion, Overwatch FM - That suicide bomb was legendary and Sam ran with that to go deep.

, Vanilla Mafia Mafia Mafia - Won as Serial Killer despite not ever actually joining the game.

Arete, Candlelight - Game may have been scumsided but it was still them out-FPSing eevee that brought home the win.

Marshal, Umineko FM - I almost didn’t nominate this because playing on an alt account gave them a massive advantage due to their role, but they still played well and really helped secure the game.

Best Setup

eevee, Valkyria Chronicles FM - A wealth of interesting mechanics that managed to work really well together.

Icibalus/orangeandblack5, Ghost Town - Really pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in FM.

Icibalus/Marluxion, Fire Emblem Fates FM - Had a bunch of cool mechanics I’ve not seen elsewhere, despite having events. I’d probably give the edge to VCFM, but this deserves a nod for sure.

eevee, Dota 2 - I didn’t read this game and I don’t know the setup, I’m just assuming it should be nominated

seconding this and only this