FoL Awards 2023 - Nominations Thread

We are paying big money to the mods in the patreon and then we do their job for them. When u think about it this is great of them, because they are teaching us a valuable business lesson, and those are priceless

3 Likes

Exactly. If we pay for stuff we get results.

1 Like

you’re funding the site existing not the mods lmao

2 Likes

so you say. but how does a college kid like you finance a rocket solar car zooming around? in this economy? very suspicious.

6 Likes

that’s the neat part

I don’t :sunglasses:

2 Likes

/nominate @Garfooled for Most Improved Player
/nominate @Garfooled for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (vanilla game)

Naturally.

More in-depth writeup: Holy hell, Gar just completely carried the Splatfest Revenge game for wolves, hard defending them confidently and improving their standing from wolves being top 3 wagons D1 to winning the game, and then toward the end of things being trusted enough that town plotted with Gar in a neighbourhood to fake scumread each other in order to survive to F5 and vote for someone else. And naturally Gar placed the first vote in F5 and town immediately followed to misvote and win. Beautiful beautiful game. I am giving out Two nominations for it

7 Likes

THANK YOUUU :DDD

5 Likes

Second

3 Likes

Nominate serpant and the swordsman for best flavor

5 Likes

Second

2 Likes

Third

3 Likes

Third

3 Likes

nth

gar goat

5 Likes

@Garfooled

For future I’m going to be watching and judging you harder now no pressure lol.

1 Like

AHA!
ill be hosting for a while
and you’ll foprget this ever happened!

3 Likes

Also fun fact sometimes the best reason to town read someone doesn’t even have to be a strong reason it can be weak but perspective wise it’s clear town.

An example is Rose.

Like there can be a wolf that has so many things to town read from and then there is Rose.

But that Rose is the key to winning the game, finding it, finding the town and removing the mafia.

Sometimes it isn’t about how much reason, it matters what reason is more genuine.

/nominate @Someone in Stellaris: Apocalypse Mash for Best Fakeclaim

Major fucking shoutout.

This game had a “war” ITA mechanic - a player could “declare war” on someone to have, like, a 15% chance of ITAing them and an 8% chance of dying themselves, and other players could join this war with their own ITAs for a better hit chance than if they’d all shot individually. Someone in particular had a role where all wars they started would fail, but they’d learn the role of whoever they aimed at - a rolecop in exchange for a 0% ITA, essentially.

What they fakeclaimed was the following role:

Exalted Priesthood Empire

Galactic Community Paragon

Pacifist (Passive) - In any war scenario where you are an Attacker , the odds of the Defender dying is reduced by 15%, and the maximum possible chance of the Defender dying is reduced by 30%. If the Defender does not die, then Prayer is disabled next night. Prayer (Night) - Target 3 players. They will learn that they have been targeted by Prayer , and that they are immune to death and all Crisis abilities tonight.

The role fit in excellently with the general design of town roles in this mash, getting them townread to begin with, and the way they executed this claim, attempting to “prove themselves” by declaring (and missing) wars, wolfreading players for not joining on because “they don’t want me to get my night ability”, et cetera (which made the entire game think they were exceptionally towny and clearwd them enough to endgame), and even more crucially, making half the game waste their ITA shots joining Someone’s wars “in hopes of activating Prayer”, when in reality those wars could never actually hit.

And they came up with it in their first game, from D1, and had a perfect fake rolecard written up for it.

In short, this claim both cleared Someone and made town sink huge amounts of KP into Doing Absolutely Nothing. Awesome fakeclaim.

3 Likes

seconding this nya (i completely fell for it)

2 Likes

Worth noting is that Garfooled’s play was great here even aside from the context of Town imploding for no good reason, which is something that might normally make people think less of the wolves involved but in this case for Garfooled-in-particular isn’t really something that should be allowed to take away from her play

3 Likes

this is very true. I saw the game state and was like “oh this is going to be easy”

3 Likes