FoL Awards 2023 - Nominations Thread

seconding this nya (i completely fell for it)

2 Likes

Worth noting is that Garfooled’s play was great here even aside from the context of Town imploding for no good reason, which is something that might normally make people think less of the wolves involved but in this case for Garfooled-in-particular isn’t really something that should be allowed to take away from her play

3 Likes

this is very true. I saw the game state and was like “oh this is going to be easy”

3 Likes

screams
THANK YOU :DDD

2 Likes

I will not be reading this post but /third

3 Likes

/nominate Stellaris: Apocalypse Mash’s war ITAs for Best Mechanic

Wars were funny! They were fun! Required a bit more coordination and consensus than traditional ITAs, a ton of roles interacted with them in fun ways (encouraging you, for example, to declare wars alongside players you trusted, or to bait town players into joining a useless war, etc), made the game interesting and unique in a way that was interesting, and unique, etc etc et al. Good stuff

3 Likes

/nominate @Achromatic for Best Replacement Player

Replacement player who is the best :+1: Did excellent in ENA & Splatfest Revenge, bringing home wolf wins from starting out on the back foot in both, high quantities of gaming, et cetera. The results speak for themselves.

4 Likes

I could’ve sworn there was another game they replaced in for where they dominated but I can’t remember which one :skull: (Genie 13er?)
I second this

2 Likes

I will nominate May for best scum player. She endgamed in Sorc17er, the last botf game (mafia-adjacent enough) and stellaris mash. She was under scrutiny but managed to deflect and pull through. She took the leadership role in the mash, and she can make really esoteric / wildly towny posts as mafia. Has a bit of an insane energy (compliment)

7 Likes

I will nominate Achromatic for best scum player too. Man just doesnt know how to lose. I think that description is simple and sufficient enough

4 Likes

I will nominate Luka for best scum player too. I think he has near 100% if not 100% winrate as mafia. Really difficult to catch. Slippery Joe. Always a threat. That’s why they call him Dangerous Luka

4 Likes

^Second all those

2 Likes

Damn you stole my nom. Third

3 Likes

For tutuu’s nominations (and May’s for the 1):

It’s worth mentioning that Achro took well advantage of the chaos in Splatfest, 2 of the 5 votes on orange were town in Achro’s nbhd. This is outside of their overall performance all year of 17-0 wins.

May had such an incredible scum win streak + gameplay that there was massive paranoia of them in their following town games where they were eliminated early on for it.

Luka’s scum game is so good, that they’re town read for it way more than they would be as actual town, they’ve also have had a massive scum win streak.

4 Likes

Achro is not eligible because he won it last year

2 Likes

/nominate @Someone for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (special game) in Stellaris: Apocalypse Mash

Someone, in this game, was hardclear by everyone’s metrics, and their fakeclaim wasted a shit ton of village killpower into, in the words of May, Doing Nothing.

May can attest that they did very well this game. Idk what else to put here but they did very well.

3 Likes

Second

2 Likes

/nominate @sulit for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (vanilla game) in Stratagem-27

They won the game despite the town having the game mechanically “locked” during sign-ups/D1 by being TR despite on vacation, convincing the Hider to hide behind them.

1 Like

Could be most improved according to others but idk their past games as it was my first game with them, so I can’t attest to this :confused:

I have been subbing quite a bit haven’t I

why am I always the villain though, town needs to replace more tbh

7 Likes