[Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins

he already answered it I just strategically decided not to respond

where was I going with it

“cloned usually doesn’t like early townreads without reasoning so it’s very weird for him to tunnel someone after they give reasoning, so I asked this to see if he was being serious about tunneling after giving reasoning or just joking.”

did i win

okay
i don’t recall marshal defending themselves via wifom as a villager, and i don’t think you’re lying, i just don’t remember it. which probably makes my initial read invalid but i’m trying to explain why i made it
the only time i remember was in ciconia which was my last game with them and they were a wolf
i more strongly associate marshal’s villager defence with the “im obvious town” shtick

1 Like

huh

that was part of it but the main reason I answered the question was ‘cloned explicitly stating that he was going to tunnel Vulgard once Vulgard started giving explanations is really weird as a statement of fact (because, like, how do you know what you’re going to do once Vulgard starts explaining things) but totally normal and fine if it’s a self-aware just’

hi i am in thread now and will be for a while
I’ve been reading it on my phone while I was at school and so far I think

arctic & atlas V

wazza W
these are the only 3 that I actually feel confident about, not saying that I’m right just that I think my reasons make sense to myself

what are your reasons :wowee:

yeah idk that’s not really what I was expecting
part of me wants to take slight villa points away because that doesn’t really match up with my internal image of why you’d ask that question as town but I also recognize you could just go “Wow marshal! you nailed it! gg!” so I don’t think im going to do that

1 Like

what reasons
i’m mainly interested in myself ngl but i also want to see if you got a similar impression of atlas to what i did because i imagine the posts you’re reading are from the start

yo Arctic when you’re a wolf roughly how much do you optimize your posts for advancing the wolf win condition vs. how much do you optimize them for trying to make the same reads you think you would make as town

(vs. other things if you’re optimizing for more things than that)

i’m actually not sure
when i read this post i was definitely thinking the first option but then i saw the other and thought that i actually do that too

i think i would try and put more emphasis on the second initially in order to get townread, and once i’m in a good position i’ll focus more on making posts that will help to save my teammates and kill villagers. kind of like how i did in tvb, using my initial towncred to push vulgard later in day 1 and lock in the elimination to willtaylor in day 2

that isn’t to say when i make posts to push agenda i won’t also try to make them sound like my towngame, but the emphasis shifts slightly

atlas - I don’t think scum ever claims sorc unironically

arctic - from my own perception of how he plays (which is likely very warped since I haven’t played with him in a while) what he’s been doing so far is stuff that he does as town.

wazza - her posts kind of remind me of the posts she made during a recent BOTF games where she and I were both evil. It was a BOTF game, so a bit out of the norm, but I was reading her posts and got the same “vibes” from those as I did from the BOTF game.

For Atlas and Arctic, it’s just been their tone overall that I’ve noticed, no posts in particular struck me as I was reading on my phone, however for wazza these posts hit different

Half of her posts are about Atlas in one way or another, and it seems shes trying to “hide the PR” for towncred despite asking him exact questions about his role earlier

2 Likes

im feeling a bit more better about arctic cuz i think his response to my questioning is p good

i think as a wolf i’m capable of making reads that sound like my towngame to a point where catching me via content is unlikely, and you’re much likely to be able to read me from what i’m doing with the reads, which is basically the first point

it’s pretty difficult because i do still tunnel villagers as town, and i do occasionally buss as a wolf but i think overall trying to look at whether or not ive been advancing the wolf wincon on a macro level is the best bet you have of reading me

this is… interesting
why am i still getting free townreads im a big boy now

2 Likes

my only real read when i entered the thread was basically wazza sounding like they had a stick up their ass but i wanted to see if it continued however judging by your read i think that ship has probably sailed

i enjoy YBW’s wazza take
i would like to see this botf game
but i also don’t want to look on the archie
@YoubutWorse can you explain what the similarities are between these games?

god damn it

2 Likes

for everyone who does wanna look on the archie: BotF IX - Call for Distress - Evil wins - Completed - Forum of Lies | Throne of Lies | by Imperium42

iirc, she spent some of that game questioning who the damsel was and once discussion started about it she started shutting it down because it wasnt something we should discuss

The damsel is a role where if the minions guess who it is, they win immediatley. The minions also learn that it is in play at the start of the game.

I may have gotten the role wrong, or it could’ve just been another thing entirely, but it was something along the lines of asking for something that mafia would want as a “town”, then shutting down discussion about it after a bit of time so that mafia wouldn’t “learn” more about it.

1 Like