[Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins

I think a solid amount of slots pushing me are town but they’re also people i’ve pocketed to hell and back on multiple occasions so i’m not really feeling like sitting down pretending im not really bothered by d1 “owo guys I think marshal is a lil wolfy :)” stuff

whatever I just feel like being hugely bitchy at this lovely 2 am, not gonna respond to the large amount of copers I expect to come at me for this im just gonna do my thing

idk about you guys but I am convinced

i told you mistyx was a villager
mistyx is also based

1 Like

and no, arete, I am not “caught for the wrong reasons” which I know you’re prob typing rn, cry about it

part of why I’m specifically concerned about your slot is that some of the things you’re doing are things that Arete-a-year-ago (idk if a year is actually the right timeframe but that’s not the point) would have incorrectly called villagery for you

So first post on this forum (except my join), gotta make this count:

First of all, this mode is a bit crazy. A fair few roles I’ve not seen before.
Town person who plants bombs onto people
Town person who can day save others
Mafia sorta tracker/watcher role

This means that my thoughts are going to be a bit weird this game mechs wise. However, I believe that I have a plan™ for Day 2 once we find out the target.

Now onto actual reads and reading into posts.

Marshal is a relatively strong townread from her early posts.

She goes into some mech (which I was actually wanting to go into myself day 2 but whatever I guess) and lets basically the entire game openly discuss it. Whereas if she was mafia I feel like she wouldn’t say about it simply because the extra information, while beneficial to town, is even better is mafia know it and town doesn’t.

I think Mist and Wazza both feel townie? Wazza’s a slightly weaker read between them but I have confidence in my read with her. Whereas Mist is a bit more of a wildcard to me personally however I liked their early posts (may be updated as I come to future ones)

Cloned just kinda came in and didn’t really show anything of significance, just a small nod of acknowledgement and peace out and I feel like that’s a tad weird. Furthermore, their response to Vulgard felt really just cold, bland and not like I remember cloned feeling?

Arete’s fine, not wolfy atm, slightly townie. It’s nice to see relatively early Arete/Marsh interactions here since they both seem to bounce off each other quite well.

Leafia’s just awkward as usual. I’d lean wolf simply because I think others feel and look better? But I feel like I’ll get more confident on this later on in the game because this is still near the start (About 250 posts in)

Arctic at the start felt a bit weird but had some good responses to things others have said. Idk whether it’s just a townie getting into the swing of things or a wolf catching their footing but I’m going to keep an eye on this slide as it’s one I feel can swing either way a bit easier than others.

Atlas early claim is eh, I didn’t like it and felt it could’ve been handled better. It’s nothing significant but it kinda just disrupted an early thread analysis for some people (for example Wazza) and that in itself isn’t +EV but this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a wolf for it.

Vulgard’s town for their YbW analysis and their other posts being in general quite good. It shows a weirdly high amount of effort for something which feels like a wolf wouldn’t have needed to bother doing. It’s too different from usual Vul to imagine W!Vul thinking it’s a positive decision.

/Vote Clonedcheese @Host_Account_1

Shall continue post in a bit but I don’t want to content flood because it makes it hard to discuss otherwise and then a nightmare to reply to any discussions/questions based off it.

1 Like

no I actually think your posts complaining about being wolfread are approximately the villageriest posts you’ve written all game

1 Like

ur read doesnt bother me as much even if it still does bother me because I can understand why you’re where you are even if I think it’s wrong on principle to stack wolfreads on me this early

I guess i’ve lost my ability to predict what ur thinking

(which actually kinda makes me ???d out a bit cuz a large part of my v read on you was playing the little game where i predict what u think on things and then see what you say about it and it all lined up but from your responses it seems I may actually be wrong on taht but im not really operating on enough sleep to figure out what that means rn)

@Arete

I’m pretty sure we’ve only played 1 game and it was Lime Matrix…which was probably one of the worst game I was apart of no thanks to Alice.

You have to keep in mind that was a time where I was playing in a very toxic fashion, where I would insult other players for scumreading either myself or one of my main townreads, and you would remember that I was banned from MU in the middle of that game.

And as you might know I’m again banned from MU until late April for toxicity as well…

So yeah, I’ve been trying to redefine my game and I’ve been trying to get out of being toxic as hell during games for both my own mental health, for thread health, and so that I’m not blocked out of every mafia community and I don’t become known for just being a total asshole.

That’s basically the short version of it but yeah, that might be why you’re seeing a different playstyle from me.

4 Likes

I now feel like my post was poorly timed! Since it seems it’s probably going to change people’s attention and stop this discussion a bit so that’s my bad.

I’ll just be vibing around for a bit then will continue some catchup after.

Current discussion seems alright in thread

I was also in Constellations

fwiw I’m specifically not reading you on ‘is BK being toxic,’ it’s more, I’m used to you having high confidence reads and a less legible process, whereas here you’re more subdued + trying harder to be reasonable

also before specifically arctic wakes up and says “wow ur playing like ciciona” frankly idr what was going on in ciciona but I know the thing u rando threw out mentioned the “I wouldn’t be wolfy as mafia” defense I made there

its

1. true
  2. at the very least not really possible to catch me on the micro/by posts alone either way, so flustering me d1 doesn’t really accomplish anything besides throw me off or annoy me, im catchable by how I treat other slots, luckily its a very fast-paced game so you’ll have time for many of those

It’s a mixture of 1. the fact that I’ve only played multiple games with Marl, Misty, and Cloned, and even of those 2 of them I haven’t played with in months and 1 is a low poster in most games, 2. I literally found out this game started when I posted my first post, and 3. I’m still not used to backreading on this forum format.

I’ve got my reads if you iso me, that’s probably the best I have until I’m more into the game and I’m interacting with others.

1 Like

So me not being pocketed by you ever is the reason why I’m townreading you correctly? :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

i mean to be frank nothing anyone has townread me for today is remotely outside of my wolfrange either but I don’t take problem with those reads on me unless it’s by someone I think should know better

Fair enough™

brain-fried me thinks marl falls under the category of “should know better” irt his wolfread on me, the reasons are all weak and he is the type of player to specifically want and try and give me a bad start to weaken me for the rest of the day (see: how he treated chloe in RWBY)

he also blatantly ignores me saying my mistyx read was to get thread talking and instead treats it as if that was a fully-serious-read-I-had. Me no likey tbh.

ngl marl has been pretty darn good at reading me since cogpsy

would still appreciate the reasoning for the read @Marluxion

if you don’t have any just point to a post or two that made you townread me

i like mistyx’s treatment of bradland’s opening string, felt villagery; also made me not like it either

i love this phrasing

min changed PFP since the time i made that comment

this is a single sentence
i just wanted to say this

actually I prefer that so

i like kiiruma’s big post just now, he can be a villager

1 Like