[Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins

arete is my new best friend

3 Likes

fair enough

I don’t think this is the sort of mildly wolfy thing that experienced wolves are substantially less likely to do, like there are definitely things in this category but I don’t think this is one of them except inasmuch as you would be less likely to do it in a game with people who you knew would think it was wolfy

hmm not sure, i think it is mostly nai, there are wolves that do it because they feel like they have to, there are villagers that do it for various reasons (check in, registering excitement, saying hello, etc) of which some of those reasons also overlap with what wolves do.

i know ive townread ppl before for posts like that where they have seen excited to play but had zero followup until their next stint but its v likely to be context dependent

anyway, who are the wolves arete, wheres your head at

because wazza consists of 80% of the thread i have determined they are a villager

I’ve found Atlas/Marl/Leafia/Vulgard/YBW/Arctic to be some degree of townie in roughly that order of confidence (Marl is a new addition because I think he’s probably in his town meta as a Generally Polarized Player)

Eli is sort of circling around my villagers in a spot that’s like, I think his reads are the reads he would have as a villager but also he has nine posts

semi-conflicted on Brad, he is very different from every past time I’ve seen him as town, which is probably >rand wolf since he’s super polarized, but if I’d never seen him play before I think I would think that his response to my questioning was villagery (particularly w.r.t. the bit where I was asking about why he had done a thing he thought was wolfly if he was town), but also I kind of thought he was being appease-y by townreading everyone who scumread him

cheese could maybe be a wolf, it’s kind of a copout but he’s normally obvious-to-me town and he isn’t yet, and also he isn’t scumreading all of the generally-perceived-as-strong players which is normally what he does as town

Marshal could maybe be a wolf, I think some of her posts have been oriented towards pocketing me (this is actually true regardless of her alignment)

you could maybe be a wolf

Wazza was wolfy earlier but her last post had a singular flash of villagery perspective, I’m not going to say yet what it is because I don’t want it to affect how she responds to my questions

everyone else that I didn’t mention in this post (so min Mist Hippo Kiiruma) I don’t particularly have an opinion on although I might be able to generate some very hedgy thoughts on them

I think like a quarter of that is implicitly appealing to meta you have zero context for so like

if anything is unclear for that reason please tell me

i’m not sure you aren’t but someone earlier in the thread went “scum would say this thing” and then you immediately quoted with the thing and it felt kinda towny

your reaction to arete is much closer to scum ai though

talk to me about mist

it was this
immediately after arete called marshal scummy for doing this you did this

thought the wolfreads on me were cute at first but now its getting annoying, I’m an extremely competent wolf and am capable of playing in a way that gets me towncored in almost every mafia game, you ppl are pretty silly

1 Like

people are gonna hate to hear it and probably wolfread me more while they seethe over the fact that what I say is true /shrug

1 Like

usually I pretend to not immediately laugh at wolfreads on my slot but atp my WIM is already sapped from the fact that I know there are like 6 different slots all wolfreading me expecting some kind of response to their individual points which is exactly 0 fun for me

sadly for the entire lot of u im just going to entirely ignore every read on me instead of getting dragged into a bunch of back and forths that go nowhere

so far Mist has been underwhelming

generally speaking this is >rand W for her

however there are a couple of factors that I think are somewhat mitigating

• the game just started, she hasn’t had very much time to be whelming yet
  • despite her low engagement she seems to be actively trying to solve the game rather than just rolling over (which is generally what I expect from low-WiM wolf!Mist games)

she is also townreading Wazza for something pretty NAI-for-Wazza but I don’t think this is necessarily wolf-indicative for Mist, it’s within the range of things she might plausibly believe

I think a solid amount of slots pushing me are town but they’re also people i’ve pocketed to hell and back on multiple occasions so i’m not really feeling like sitting down pretending im not really bothered by d1 “owo guys I think marshal is a lil wolfy :)” stuff

whatever I just feel like being hugely bitchy at this lovely 2 am, not gonna respond to the large amount of copers I expect to come at me for this im just gonna do my thing

idk about you guys but I am convinced

i told you mistyx was a villager
mistyx is also based

1 Like

and no, arete, I am not “caught for the wrong reasons” which I know you’re prob typing rn, cry about it

part of why I’m specifically concerned about your slot is that some of the things you’re doing are things that Arete-a-year-ago (idk if a year is actually the right timeframe but that’s not the point) would have incorrectly called villagery for you

So first post on this forum (except my join), gotta make this count:

First of all, this mode is a bit crazy. A fair few roles I’ve not seen before.
Town person who plants bombs onto people
Town person who can day save others
Mafia sorta tracker/watcher role

This means that my thoughts are going to be a bit weird this game mechs wise. However, I believe that I have a plan™ for Day 2 once we find out the target.

Now onto actual reads and reading into posts.

Marshal is a relatively strong townread from her early posts.

She goes into some mech (which I was actually wanting to go into myself day 2 but whatever I guess) and lets basically the entire game openly discuss it. Whereas if she was mafia I feel like she wouldn’t say about it simply because the extra information, while beneficial to town, is even better is mafia know it and town doesn’t.

I think Mist and Wazza both feel townie? Wazza’s a slightly weaker read between them but I have confidence in my read with her. Whereas Mist is a bit more of a wildcard to me personally however I liked their early posts (may be updated as I come to future ones)

Cloned just kinda came in and didn’t really show anything of significance, just a small nod of acknowledgement and peace out and I feel like that’s a tad weird. Furthermore, their response to Vulgard felt really just cold, bland and not like I remember cloned feeling?

Arete’s fine, not wolfy atm, slightly townie. It’s nice to see relatively early Arete/Marsh interactions here since they both seem to bounce off each other quite well.

Leafia’s just awkward as usual. I’d lean wolf simply because I think others feel and look better? But I feel like I’ll get more confident on this later on in the game because this is still near the start (About 250 posts in)

Arctic at the start felt a bit weird but had some good responses to things others have said. Idk whether it’s just a townie getting into the swing of things or a wolf catching their footing but I’m going to keep an eye on this slide as it’s one I feel can swing either way a bit easier than others.

Atlas early claim is eh, I didn’t like it and felt it could’ve been handled better. It’s nothing significant but it kinda just disrupted an early thread analysis for some people (for example Wazza) and that in itself isn’t +EV but this doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a wolf for it.

Vulgard’s town for their YbW analysis and their other posts being in general quite good. It shows a weirdly high amount of effort for something which feels like a wolf wouldn’t have needed to bother doing. It’s too different from usual Vul to imagine W!Vul thinking it’s a positive decision.

/Vote Clonedcheese @Host_Account_1

Shall continue post in a bit but I don’t want to content flood because it makes it hard to discuss otherwise and then a nightmare to reply to any discussions/questions based off it.

1 Like