[Game Thread - ENDGAME 2/17] The 'Supa Mario' Sorcerer17 - Mafia Wins

hello fellow big nerds

gotta admit it is a bit hard to keep track of everything that is happening in this game with the site layout (i miss pages)

i am… fine with cheese dying from the posts i’ve seen of him. i’m not confident but his reactions haven’t felt very natural to me and the wording just feels like wolf wording. (also the defence someone pointed out that ppl weren’t defending him therefore hes a villa or something was weird)

i think its going to be hard for me to have any strong reads itg until people die given how this site functions sorry in advance. was hoping to see more of vulgard today.

mist still making me go :////////////

marls posts feel low quality (kinda just pooped out some weak stuff)

thoughts? (i think marl is someone i am prob predisposed to wolfread ymmv)

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s struggling with the layout style.

I’ll get used to it though.

I’ve said it before but I’ve usually had to wait to read Marl’s alignment until later days, since I’ve kinda realized he goes into certain patterns as scum.

Because of my policy I basically have Marl as a null read.

top 3 wolves/villas, bk?

Town:
Arete
Marshal
Vulgard

Mafia:
Cloned
Hippopspspspsp
Leafia

Left Atlas out of towns for obvious reasons.

get most of those, dont get leafia, walk me thru pls

Mostly OMGUS but her read on me is mostly based on my entrance, while at that point I had an entire 69 posts of content and I gave reads among those 69 posts. There was more focus on my entrance than anything I’ve done, which I thought was completely towny of me.

So yeah it sounds like mafia trying to find a ML.

reminds me of vulgard lol

In what way?

Sideways

Where would you place me?

your not voting for me

I want a pr or a strong town member not to get exploded

I’ll be honest with you…I don’t fucking know.

Like my G2H just has you as town but it’s such a rough gut read that I’d be incapable of explaining why.

Arete Legacy Post

I would be actively surprised if these players are scum and would like to be sheeped (sorted)

elithepsycho - I think this dude is just out of his wolfrange, he is basically unable to write actual solving posts as scum (even in his games where he “broke his wolfrange”), his solving here is way outside what I’ve seen him do as scum + he has a few posts that I think show a villagery perspective

here are some examples of solving posts that I think are outside his wolfrange

[quote=“EliThePsycho, post:1292, topic:277, full:true”]
update: i’ve decided to just do the parts that case marshal

yes

i skipped past like half of the ISO but
where’d this come from (from a light skim it didn’t seem like this came out of anywhere)

this is in reply to
literally nothing

okay
well
acting weird needs to be elaborated
but
the second part is mostly NAI i think

this is… way too much confidence for no progression

here are some posts that show a villagery perspective that I don't think he would think to fake as scum

Eli is the sort of player that often gets defaulted to as a yeet a couple of days in because he doesn’t post very much, I think that would be a mistake and that you should not do that. This is my most confident read.

Atlas - aTlAs WoUlDn’T cLaIm SoRc As ScUm (I’m phrasing this in a flippant way but I think it’s prrrobably true), also he had some posts that I found villagery in the moment. Now that I’ve actually written this out he should probably be a tier down but if I only have one person in this tier I feel like I’m not doing enough :wowee:

I have found these players townie at various points but if one of them flipped scum I wouldn’t be shocked (sorted)

Vulgard - his approach to the game is ~fine but fakeable (like it’s what I would expect from him but he might fake it for exactly that reason), he did have a handful of reads on him where I was like ‘this is exactly the read I would expect him to have as town’

Leafia - I thought her questioning of Atlas/her handling of that read came from a town!Leafia perspective also I don’t really want to d1 Leafia when she’s been d1’d in like the past 3 games

Marl - he is polarized and in his town meta (some concern because normally he would easily be top-category town and this game he is not top-category town)

youbutworse - I think the way he’s gone around formulating his reads is villagery, also think that some of his random comments like “just that I think my reasons make sense to myself” (p#218) make sense from a villagery perspective, and that his reaction to Vulgard’s fake wallpost is >rand V

clonedcheese - I’ve been struggling with this one a lot, because he’s normally an easy villageread and isn’t this game, and because he isn’t hitting some of the notes I expect from v!cloned, but I also think his concern that I was judging him for using bad reading methods was genuine + villagery

I think his confusion on why I’m townreading him for that was real but NAI

Arctic - I kind of thought his opener was villagery/not something he would make as wolf out of concern for appearances. uh that’s basically it, his actual solving is vaguely underwhelming, I think he’s the most likely misclear here which is why he’s at the bottom of the list

everyone else (I guess this is my PoE) (loosely but not precisely sorted)

Marshal - none of her posts really make me think ‘yes this is a villager’ except the ones where she complains about giving me pockety vibes. If she’s alive in LyLo and hasn’t led a kill on a non-immediately-obvious wolf kill her and if she’s alive in F3 kill her regardless. She also loves to kill me n1, keep that into account if I die n1.

Bradland - no thoughts head empty. I kind of got decent vibes from the bit last night where he got flustered at my questioning but idk if that’s actually villagery.

min - no thoughts head empty. I think this slot should not be cleared for saying a handful of pro-town things, wolves say pro-town things for towncred all the time. (this also applies to all the other slots being cleared for pro-town things). Several of his reads have made me think that (regardless of whether the read is correct) he is not using a process that will reliably produce accurate results but I don’t think that’s necessarily wolfy, he could just be wrong.

outedwolf - his opener sucked, his solving since then has mostly been ~fine but not anything special, I did think the punctuation read on Kiiruma was villagery though. would probably read this slot on accuracy + ‘if he’s alive in F3 he’s a wolf’ – Visor is a Known Good Player of the sort you can do this to

Kiiruma - no strong opinions on his content, don’t think his wallpost is out of his wolfrange. if he’s a wolf he’s probably townsiding?

Wazza - found her early posting to be wolfy/not really make sense from the PoV she was repping, and not super in the mood for ‘but I don’t make reads regardless of alignment so you can’t read me on not making reads’ regardless of whether it’s true. did kind of think she believed that people reading our argument would side with her, though, which might be a good look? would have zero issue with her dying regardless

Mistyx - has been very underwhelming as a player for whom being underwhelming is >>rand W. only real saving grace is that she’s been Trying despite the underwhelmingness. also really confused about her progression on Brad, whenever she comes back to thread someone should bug her about that.

Hippopablompoyeetus - hasn’t done anything townie, has basically just been fucking around. this is both generically-wolfy and wolfy-for-him, my experience with his meta is that as town he generally tries to solve in between all the fucking around he does whereas as a wolf he basically just fucks around and maybe occasionally makes thin reads and hopes he gets townread for it.

@Arete

Wait, flustered, how?

Fuck it’s probably not worth getting into.

Eli made this post because he had to in the moment

im being scumread because arete would feel bad if it only contained eli (bruh)