GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

since I’m also a SR of yours and I did the quick switch on Silviu too

I didn’t check when you voted yet. For all I know you voted an hour earlier.
But I appreciate you volunteering the information. So why did you quickswap?

I voted just before May

and I have answered this before

anyway it was because I was on Brad before and then Troll baited me to vote Marl and then I felt weird about that so I switched to Silviu

BTW i’d like to mention I am incredibly sorry about this, I was on mobile and on a bus going somewhere, and (dunno why i didnt think of this) right about the time I went in thread we arrived at the destination we were supposed to be and my service cut out. I was in the middle of reading something so I hit refresh and thats when I noticed. Again, really sorry about that, that is completely on me. (mainly sorry to KT bc he shouldve never died there)

i listened to you (except eliza but u wanted illwei so we can agree to disagree there)

true

Feel like this is the only one of these that are true tbh

You also have been though? And also the main reason vulgard has been scumread is bc we are scared of a deepwolf (and for a good reason bc I think the fact that people townread almost every player at this stage of this game shows that the theory of a wolf being townread was correct)

Zorvo effectively faked a greencheck on me, which isn’t something you do for someone you don’t especially townread unless it’s a reactiontest.

I’m wrong about this one. I thought KT had periods of time where he townread me, but whatever.

Here’s the thing: I’m operating with too much information, because I know my own alignment. I don’t know Vulgard’s information, so even when the same circumstances apply to us both I automatically see myself in the best possible light, a liberty not afforded elsewhere.

Mostly, yeah, and I didn’t have a precise sense of the timing of what was going on, so I still thought there was a chance the Silviu vote would go through. I legitimately thought O kazo was just a repeat of Flicker and would flip town and give us no information.

1 Like

VOTE: Lemonfairy.
I’ll throw this out, not because I expect it to go anywhere, but because it’s in my benefit to draw a line in the sand.

VOTE: Magnus

open at your own risk

1 Like

magnus is at L-1 do not vote him (and preferably unvote as well)

them* srry I didnt check before I made the post thats my bad

1 Like

Since I haven’t been constantly correcting people, most people haven’t seemed to notice. But thanks.

Under no circumstances will I self-hammer as either alignment, but if anyone else deigns to do so… that’s their prerogative. I’m just trying to think of what good comes from my flip, and I still think Lemon looks the worse off.

Vulgard voted me because that’s in line with his solve, May’s voting me… why? Not for info, it’s just a casual vote.

And Lemon OMGUSed.

If Vulgard’s good, he should be looking at May. Lemon should be examining Molly.

Anyone should be asking the same question, by the way: where do you go after I’m dead? If I am Mafia, who am I paired with? If I am not Mafia, does that clear or condemn anyone? Should you reanalyse your reads?

Because I think you’re right, everyone has their good qualities, and I seem the most likely evil. But tomorrow is going to be LYLO, and suddenly everyone’s a suspect because you aren’t yet critical of each other.

Magnus (3): Vulgard, May, Lemonfairy
Lemonfairy (1): Magnus

Not Voting (3): BradLand, mollylikesorigami, YoubutWorse

Day ends 2022-10-04T22:00:00Z

@Lemonfairy Why didn’t you vote yesterday again

1 Like

Self-indulgent textwall containing no gamerelevant analysis to follow

I’m trying to determine the source of my inability to read this game so that I can rectify it in future ones… it might just be that I’m unable to fully process it because of illness? Like, in every other game I’ve played, I have at least some interactions that are crystal-clear in my memory, but I can’t recall pretty much anyone’s stances on anybody else throughout the days. I’ve not thought about or analyzed certain slots throughout the entire game… like, I don’t think I’ve properly thought about Vulgard even up until now, when there’s 7 people left. This might not be something I really can improve from, except “try not to get sick again”. Not entirely, though, I’ve played games sick before and done alright… might be that the wolves are just good? I don’t fuckin know who they are, though, so I can’t assess it. Spec chat you know who the wolves are you better have been MEAN to me. You better have written dissertations on exactly how I was playing badly WITH citations. I need to do better than this. After the game is done, I’ll have to do a thorough backread to figure out what the tells I missed were, which should at least help a little bit, though I “okay here are the patterns I recognize from past experience”-d my way into that KingTroll execution. Some of it’s gotta be that in most games I’m good at like, forcing people into corners where they have to act unusually, and I barely interacted with anything in early days. Some of it’s gotta be the environment of getting out a wolf D1 and leaving us with only two partners left - there’s a bigger gaggle of people the wolves are lost in, so I don’t have enough focus. I dunno. I feel like I can’t entirely blame D2 May for this, as the Marl wagon is the kind of thing that should’ve been really informative for me. Actually, speaking of, let me color in some names.

Gamerelevant analysis to follow

O.kazo (5): Magnus, lol, Vulgard, ElizaThePsycho, mollylikesorigami
Silviu200530 (4): BradLand, Marluxion, Lemonfairy, May
Marluxion (2): YoubutWorse, KingTroll
Vulgard (2): Zorvo, O.kazo
lol (1): Silviu200530
Magnus (1): min

Marluxion (7): ElizaThePsycho, Lemonfairy, Illwei, May, Zorvo, KingTroll, BradLand
ElizaThePsycho (3): YoubutWorse, Vulgard, Marluxion
Illwei (3): Magnus, lol, mollylikesorigami

ElizaThePsycho (5): YoubutWorse, Zorvo, Magnus, Illwei, KingTroll
mollylikesorigami (2): May, Lemonfairy
Magnus (2): BradLand, ElizaThePsycho

KingTroll (3): May, BradLand, Illwei
mollylikesorigami (1): Vulgard
BradLand (1): KingTroll
Vulgard (1): Magnus
May (1): mollylikesorigami
Not Voting (2): Lemonfairy, YoubutWorse

Either there’s a wolf in Lemon/Brad or the Marl wagon was pure. I feel comfortable with Magnus because I think at least one wolf would be following the claimed JOAT to a misvote - it’d be weird for both to be off that Eliza wagon. That also leads to a wolf in Lemon and Brad. Don’t think the Silviu wagon was pure. That also leads to a wolf in Lemon and Brad. There’s a wolf in Lemon and Brad.

What do others think about two wolves in Lemon and Brad - would that world hold for you? Can you find anything to disprove it? I’d love to have something to imply the two are not W/W, because it’d make me feel even more comfortable with the Magnus vote, but I have to go to bed fucking immediately yes that means you May go to bed immediately I swear to god you were supposed to leave at midnight.

Molly’s almost certainly green to me at this point, so the potential of the O kazo wagon being pure is… there, and weird, but not impossible. If it was, we’re keeping on Lemon for sure. What if it’s Lemon and Brad. What if. Guys maybe it’s Lemon and Brad (in which case uhhh whoops about the end of the day phase, but in my defense my “Good at Mafia” life hack had left me at the time and only came back today).

Magnus’s recent messages read townie to me? Is it Lemon and Brad. I need extra eyes on this

1 Like

Was Brad hesitant to hammer Marl, even at KT’s request, because he didn’t want to align himself with Lemon? Is that what was going on?

1 Like

VOTE: Lemonfairy

1 Like

I caught this on a reread, since you prompted me to look back. This could be used as a starting point.

1 Like

Oh there’s still the question of why they both would’ve refused to follow the claimed JOAT to a misvote. We’ll have to look at voting patterns for that day to answer it. Tomorrow. May go to bed

1 Like

May proving willing to vote Lemon at this critical juncture, while asleep, makes me feel better about the world of May/Lemon being less plausible. Even if May goes back to execute me, it’s still worth keeping note of May taking this risk.

…Hmm. As much as I appreciate the first day wolf execution, especially on an evil unlikely to be confidently read either way at a later date… last time this happened in Kaguya, everyone struggled. I was somehow socially confirmed because I was voted by evils, and even though it made no sense I ran with it. There’s no chance of lightning striking twice here.

What does everyone think about the theory of Schrödinger’s Cat?

it’s how a wolf phrases it. doing it this way gives a lot of leeway and room for misyeets. you know, the opposite of what you want to offer if you’re town here.