GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

watch yourself

Welcome to GOAT^2!

Hosted by @Chloe, @katze and @DatBird on @goat

Rules

Follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules

All players must post a minimum of 15 substantive and game-related posts per 48h Day phase. If the day phase ends early, this may be waived.

The hosts may or may not utilize WOTM to prohibit players from joining.

THIS GAME HAS A POST CAP. Players can only make up to 150 posts per in-game day. This is lifted 1 hour before EoD.

The Setup

Role List

10x Vanilla Town
2x Town Jack-of-All-Trades
2x Mafia Goon
1x Mafia Roleblocker (Non-consecutive)

Sample Role PMs
JOAT Feedback

Track:
“Your target visited [player name] last night!” - if the target player both roleblocked and attacked the same person, they will be seen as visiting them twice.
“Your target visited no one last night!”
“You were roleblocked last night!”

Motion Detect:
“Your target used an action or an action was used on them last night!”
“Your target did not use an action and no actions were used on them!”
“You were roleblocked last night!”

Doctor or no-action:
“You slept peacefully!” (regardless of whether the doctor was successful)

Gameplay

• Phases will begin and end at 11:00 PM

• Days are 48 hours unless majority is reached early. Nights are 24 hours.

• Eliminations are majority and plurality.

• Sleep (no-elim) is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the day early. In cases where sleep and another vote are tied at the end of the day, sleep will have priority in the rand.

• Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

• Self-votes are considered valid votes.

• Votes are locked in LyLo (eliminate-or-lose) scenarios, but not in MyLo (miseliminate-and-lose) scenarios. That is to say, in situations where town must eliminate correctly or lose, the first vote cast by a given player is final and cannot be changed. LyLo will be announced.

• Voting can be done by using [vote][/vote] or [v][/v] tags and naming a target between them.

• Unvote by typing [unvote][/unvote] or [uv][/uv] . Do not put anything between the tags

• The Mafia factional kill is assigned. If the member performing the factional kill is not specified, the last member to submit a kill will be assumed to be performing it. The factional kill can be performed alongside the Roleblock action.

• The Mafia factional kill is mandatory. If no factional kill is submitted, the kill will be determined randomly from among living members of the town.

• The Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.

Players

1. Vulgard
  2. O.kazo
  3. min
  4. Silviu
  5. KingTroll
  6. Zorvo
  7. Magnus
  8. Bradland
  9. lol
  10. Lemonfairy
  11. Marluxion
  12. May
  13. mollylikesorigami
  14. YoubutWorse
  15. ElizaThePsycho

Replacements

1. Apprentice
  2. Trochi
  3. Proph
  4. CRichard

Spectators

Spectator/deadchat will be combined, and will be uninformed until a mafia member dies.

1. Sadbi
  2. Italy

Day 1 will start 2022-09-20T22:00:00Z

1 Like

Living Players

@BradLand
@Lemonfairy
@May
@mollylikesorigami
@Vulgard
@YoubutWorse

Graveyard

@O.kazo - Executed D1 - Mafia Goon
@min - Killed Night 1 - Town Jack-of-All-Trades
@Marluxion - Executed D2 - Vanilla Town
@lol - Killed Night 2 - Vanilla Town
@ElizaThePsycho - Executed Day 3 - Vanilla Town
@Zorvo - Killed Night 3 - Vanilla Town
@KingTroll - Executed Day 4 - Vanilla Town
@Silviu200530 r. @illwei - Killed Night 4 - Vanilla Town
@Magnus - Executed Day 5 - Vanilla Town

Threadmarks

EoD1 - O.kazo executed
SoD2 - Min killed Night 1
EoD2 - Marl executed
SoD3 - lol killed Night 2
EoD3 - Eliza voatd
EoN3 - Zorvo murderized N3
EoD4 - KingTroll executed
EoN4 - illwei killed Night 4
EoD5 - Magnus executed
EoN5 - Nobody died!
EoD5 brad died mafia won

Reminders

I. Postcap

This game has a postcap. You can only make up to 150 posts per in-game day. This restriction will be lifted 1 hour before the Day ends.

You are responsible for policing your posting to avoid going over the cap.

New cap numbers for each player will be posted each night phase.

II. Voting & Unvoting

A. Voting

Voting can be done by using [vote][/vote] or [v][/v] tags and naming a target between them.
To easily add tags to your post you can utilize the voting button in the formatting toolbar:

B. Unvoting

Unvote by typing [unvote][/unvote] or [uv][/uv]. Do not put anything between the tags.
You can also press the unvote button in the formatting toolbar:

III. New rules

By signing up for this site and game you agreed to follow the Global Rules and Forum Game Rules.

We expect all players to be aware of the recent changes:

We will be monitoring the thread for rulebreaks, but we may not always catch them. If you see a potential rulebreak, please flag the post to make sure we don’t miss it.

If you need anything please don’t hesitate to contact any of the hosts.
Let’s have a chill and fun game of mafia, frens!

Day 1 has begun and will end in 48 hours @ 2022-09-22T22:00:00Z unless majority is reached

With 15 players alive, majority is 8

Massping

Hi guys eating a pear

Was gonna say “first” but I just saw KingTroll stole it from me.

3 Likes

An opener post? Now, usually, you would call these NAI (not-alignment indiciative), but I’ve decided to go ahead and make the most AI post you have ever seen in your entire goddamn life. Go on. Find a better one. Even “I’m mafia” doesn’t top what you’re about to see come from me right now. I’ll show you I’m town in ONE post.

So you might be wondering, “It’s an opening post, we don’t know anything about anyones slot, how can you prove you are town?” Well I’ll show you how, and I won’t even post my rolecard! First things first, just look at me. Look at what I’m typing. Look at my profile picture. Look at marx jumping on that bouncy ball. Now, after doing all that. Try to call me scum. Try to call me a wolf, mafia, evil, anything that would even indicate I am not playing for the town alignment. Notice something? You can’t. It’s impossible. Even immediatley, your gut refuses to call me anything but ‘town’. So go ahead, call me town. It’s fine. I will die night 1 because everyone townreads me and that’s ok, I’ve already accepted it. If you have a readlist, you can put me above your own name, as you should be able to understand that even though you know your own alignment, I am still townier than you.

Still not convinced? Let’s look at the probability. Now, at rand, theres about 3 mafia in a 15 player game, meaning that there will be 12 town players. So, we can say the the odds of any player, picked at random, being mafia is about 20% I think, I’ve never taken a statistics class. Now, going off of my figures, you’d assume I’d be the same. If you were to look at me, with zero posts, you could assume there is a 20 percent chance that killing me would result in the death of a mafia. However, this math is flawed. The weird thing is that picking me actually 0% of the time results in a death of a mafia. Why, you may ask? Because I am a member of the town, and because I am a member of the town killing me never results in the death of a mafia. So there is literally a 0% chance that I am EVER mafia here, and anyone who says I am is actually mafia just trying to get an extremely strong town player (me) killed early so that the town as a whole will crumble and give up. Thankfully, I’m here, I’m town, and I won’t let this happen.

Wow, you really still aren’t convinced? Fine, I guess I’ll have to pull out my final tactic. Now in here I have enclosed DEFINITE PROOF that I am town. There is literally no countering this, and if anyone tries to I will have them executed. Anyone who views this will be overwhelmed with the truth of my earlier sentiments and the truth of the statement, “YoubutWorse is town.” This can be overwhelming for those who already know the truth whoever, so PLEASE, only look if you don’t believe yet. Thank you.

READ LAST PARAGRAPH

im gay

I can hear it already. “Holy shit she is so town,”, “I’m so sorry I ever doubted you YBW, please forgive me,”, “VOTE: YoubutWorse,” (scum said that last one). If you’re mafia, it’s ok. I can still be nightkilled, though don’t forget my social deduction skills are through the roof, meaning I will find your alignment far before I’m killed. If you have any sense, it makes sense and is in fact completely fine if you decide to forfeit. If you still wanna play through the game to your eventual loss, that’s ok, but don’t forget that I am town and that I know who you are.

To any town looking to clear themselves, don’t bother. I think it’s only fair if I’m the only one who clears themselves. I also think I’m the only one anywhere near good enough at this game to do it, so trying would be futile and maybe even result in you clogging my expert analysis of the game.

Thank you for reading, and thank you, yes you, for knowing I am town. This is gonna make the game 100x easier when you already have someone cleared this early in the game. As there is a 150-post postcap, this will be the only post I make today that isn’t completely correctly deducing who the mafia members are. It should be all you need to read me though, considering how obviously I show my alignment.

2 Likes

you’ll have to try a bit harder to beat me

YouButWorst is gay.

Can’t get anything past this guy.

2 Likes

anyone who wagons me is objectively a wolf btw

2 Likes

same

VOTE: KingTroll

1 Like

VOTE: YouButWorse

Hard claims gladiator one of us is going down