(Interest Check) Perjury

Mox Trial

Legendary Artifact

{T}: Choose a Creature. If that creature destroyed another creature this turn, add {B}. Otherwise, add {W}

1 Like

Suggestions:

It’s not like the jury is never allowed to talk to eachother. Couldn’t the Jury talk amongst themselves?

• Following on that, you might have some corrupt jurors who, for various reasons, might be inclined to reach a certain conclusion, and can only win based off of that.

There would definitely be some journalists who want to have the result of the trial be what aligns with reality, and could only win based off of that.

Witnesses can and will be misinformed, even if they want to accurately attest to the truth. (This is also one of the reasons why eyewitness testimony is considered to be the least credible evidence in a court of law)

2 Likes

hes only saying this bc i watched him kill someone

3 Likes

Death of the Author? Nah, Murder of the Author.

1 Like

this but genuinely; in the mock trial arena i swing in attorneys interacting with the judge and how the judge responds is pretty important

pre-trial motions, objections, scope of questions, motions to strike, introduction of evidence, etc.

whats the legal procedure for these

other than judge mechanics this game seems pretty cool id be interesting in participating as basically any role with a win condition

2 Likes

In short, ace attorney online RP with case

I would never.

6 Likes

Depends on where you go in the world.

In America, after a verdict has been reached by a jury, usually a juror will flock to whichever news anchor is willing to give them the highest payout to tell everyone what everyone said in the jury room. That’s illegal in Scotland; you can’t talk about what happened inside the deliberation room.

Or you’ll see cameras everywhere in high-profile American cases (Darrel Brooks, Alex Murdaugh etc.). That’s also illegal here. You’re not allowed cameras in the court room. England & Wales only now are allowing videos of sentencing and the camera is pointed towards the judge as they deliver it.

Journalism, particularly when the case in on-going, is very frowned upon here though they are experimenting as I said with that because it’s supposed to create more transparency in the courtroom. I’m against it; I don’t think it’s a good idea.

That being said; being a journalist that can influence the jury in a game does sound very fun…

1 Like

Given the name of the game, I do not expect this to be a just courtroom.

Thusly, we need Tess Ardent to set everything straight

3 Likes

Princess Diana traumas

1 Like

I might be biased, but in game I expect jury to be mostly people who are like “spectators”. And spectators usually don’t tend to read 100% of posts with understanding. Meaning that while defendant and prosecution and wintessess are actively participating, the limited span of jury interference in the case will make them… bit of uninterested. And by connection, role depending on reaction with them - journalist will be most likely very annoying to play.

2 Likes
Would you want to play?
  • I’m interested
  • Only if a few things were changed
  • No way

0 voters

That’s absolutely what will happen if this game replicates real-life juries since they are designed to just be spectators. Same thing will happen to journalists.
But the best thing about this game is that, well, it’s a game. I think it’d be a good idea to add something that intentionally makes the jury system flawed so that people can actively participate and scandals can occur. For example, juries being influenced or juries having direct communications throughout the trial with the defence- or maybe even “impostor” jurors who are aligned with the defense/prosecution from the start who are trying to sway other jurors.

3 Likes

when the jury is sus

5 Likes

Bitter about this and it’s been 26 years which is like 150% of my lifetime ago

i’m afraid to say that jury tampering or witness intimidation are criminal offences, and I’m sure that everyone here is a paragon of virtue who would never dream of committing blackmail or bribery. on the other hand… hey, is it really cheating if you aren’t caught?

7 Likes

When the juror is sus

Anyway yes as I said I fully expect this to be a game full of corruption

I now do not envy the defendant

5 Likes

What if the jury is just boringly neutral?

Signups. game will start whenever i feel like it

1 Like

Like a boss

1 Like