Cookie Thread Act 3: The Cookie Strikes Back

so true

holy moly!

I don’t really wonder this I sincerely believe I can do anything [likely falsely]

1 Like

i chose software dev on whim, which was fine, however i did not consider travelling,

1 Like

you have to be a cs major now

ngl last semester the professor was talking about how elephants in Java have to go on the heap
and I was half-laughing the whole time because I was just imagining a heap of elephants

1. Do not angleshoot, cheat, or abuse loopholes in the rules. This includes using out-of-game information to your advantage. In addition, saying that you have a read that you cannot say because it would qualify as angleshooting or otherwise violate the rules qualifies as angleshooting and is not allowed.

this is the big one
I am not sure how players will go about cheating
I will probably still include the ‘play to win’ clause but phrase it as ‘you must play to *a win condition, either what you have currently or what you could have.’

1. Do not weaponize hosts/moderators.

the more rules I include the funnier this gets
since only ~3 will stay then this is not very useful. Existence of global rules will always mean that using this offensively is valid.

1. Do not discuss replacements, concessions, modkills, rulebreaks, flags, or ignores/blocks. This includes voicing intent or pressuring other players to do so.

oh no

1. Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are expected to play towards the win-condition that you have, not the win-condition that you want. Do not join games with the sole intent to troll.

I am deeply curious on how incentivizing people to play like this will affect things

1. Do not edit posts in an attempt to gain an advantage. Editing minor spelling/formatting errors on your posts is allowed. Do not delete posts.

This is fucking hilarious

1. As a player, any formatting tags or fonts that make your text much smaller or more difficult to understand than default are not allowed. (Including but not limited to: using more than one tag in a single message, abusing colors to match theme backgrounds, etc).

this will probably have funny results

1. Do not like or create posts in a game if you are dead or not a player in said game. Do not post or like posts during twilight or night.

I will unfortunately have to ban the first sentence for logistical reasons
mostly the clause about not being in the game because I feel like that will be abused negatively

1. Players may not use the poll or wiki features in a game. Do not link anything that can be edited, such as a google sheet or dynamic document.

this method of communication is deeply hilarious
i am worried with the second sentence

1. Please only speak English, and do not create or use cyphers.

this is funny

1. Do not quote or screenshot any PMs relating to the match. Fake images and quotes will be treated as if they are real. When referring to host or private communications always paraphrase , and do not provide timestamps.

probably the biggest sticking point
this has been tested before by ici and that game was a scum stomp so
I CAN MAKE IT WORK

1. Do not discuss ongoing games outside of host-sanctioned threads. This extends to non-players as well.

This is banned, predictably
I want the game’s anarchy to be isolated in itself

1. Do not strategically replace out or flake. Replacing out should only be done in the instance of an emergency or unforeseen event that renders you unable to continue playing.

This is deeply hilarious

1. Do not use or develop AI programs to assist you in playing forum games. This includes the use of any sources of provable randomness in the thread such as public Discobot use.

second sentence is banned since discobot is technically not a player
sorry I don’t make the rules

1. You may only use one account per game.

not going to comment

1. Do not use a hydra/shared account without explicit host permission.

I’m so ready for flow hydra to happen

1. You must create a minimum of 15 substantive, on-topic, game-related posts per phase.

cool.

1. Do not pressure or trick other users into breaking any rules.

the 2 combo

1. Refrain from excessive use of appeals to emotion (ATE).

banned since this is basically a global forum rule rather than a forum mafia rule

2 Likes

i spend more time travelling than i do in class. however im unable to do anything on college days anyways because my brain sucks so i don’t lose as much as i could

1 Like

1 and 10 are the difficult ones to work with but I’m sure I’ll be able to make it happen somehow

1 Like

they mentioned the stack in passing and to my knowledge it doesn’t come up again in my class god bless

1 Like

I’ll probably have to ban videos and video-likes for 10

1 Like

i already have ideas nya nya nya

too late to switch now. i’d basically have to start from scratch, including taking the intro class for cs majors rather than the gen ed one

please let me know
I’m theorycrafting what necessary omissions I need to make

1 Like

ill make some calls

on my way to prove my role with public key encryption

2 Likes

just going to ask this outright
what is this and how does it work

2 Likes

actually it doesn’t even have to be public key
just encrypt your role in your first post with any private key method, then when you want to claim, reveal the private key and everyone now knows your role, but it’s verifiable that it’s actually your role (or at least a fakeclaim you decided on at the very start of the game)

1 Like

as long as this is a thing then it’s fine

2 Likes

i have an INCREDIBLY funny way to get banned

2 Likes

the only thing I’m worried about is ‘town able to solve the game through provable posting of rolecard’

3 Likes