Mafia Championship Season 10 - We're invited! [Phase 2 Results, Shitpost phase]

you know when you take it fully out of the context of my brain, it is significantly worse

i’ve played enough card gamers to know that i can defeat any of them in mafia, because they cannot read

I never played MTG funnily enough, just one of my GameFAQs buddies was playing there, invited me, and I stayed when he never played another game lmao.

(card games are fun tho skill issue)

A fate worse than death.

1 Like

me: proceeds to play a single game since inviting you

Well at least you hosted one with me in it recently.

I figured any community that produced a good person like you couldn’t be too bad.

Then my first game happened.

lol.

i mean it all depends what you’re looking for i guess
it’s true that when the games here aren’t toxic (which recently i don’t think they have been actually?) they can easily be more chill than games on MU

i feel like things have improved recently in various regards so i might try a game again here soon but i’ve just felt disillusioned after the same issues kept cropping up in games i played and hosted and a lot of them being things that people either did not want to improve on or simply couldn’t even if they tried

but i recognize the reality is probably that i’m kind of hoping for an unrealistically idyllic environment to play mafia in and every site has a number of flaws

1 Like

I recently, well kind of recently, thought about mafia over the years for me. What really mattered to me about playing mafia. I think a sense of self-improvement and having fun were the two I keyed in on. I saw the MU champ finale last year and it was just brutal to watch 15 people and none of them having the least bit of fun. There are no prizes for being right. Your life isn’t altered for the better by pinning down a scum read. There are no million dollar contrasts at stake. So if you aren’t having fun while you do it, what are you doing with your time? What am I doing with my time?

I think about my mortality a lot tbh. Death has stared at me long and hard a couple of times in my life and I remember that. I think the worst thing I’ve ever done in mafia has always been in service of not having fun. Of pressing too much, of letting anxiety or anger take hold of me. I don’t think I am capable of losing a mafia game if I had fun, didn’t take things personally, and did my earnest best to help my faction win. Even if the game result hangs an L on my record, it still feels like winning to me.

This was a big part of why I took a break late last year after Gravity Falls to get my head on straight tbh. I want to have fun, while still being who I am which is you know not always the most fun for everyone but I’m working on being maybe 20% more chill lol.

I rescind my acceptance of my nomination effective immediately

Wrong reply

I rescind my acceptance of my nomination effective immediately

I have succeeded at jokes. Everyone clap and cheer or I’m blowing up this building

im a big explosion fan sorry. you know im clapping in my head

1 Like

Oh okay I can blow up the building for you then ^-^ Sorry everyone clap and cheer conditional has also been rescinded you are exploding no matter what

yeah well that’s it isn’t it
that’s all one would really want from the game, but i don’t find it happening very often

a lot of the time i feel like winning goes hand in hand with having fun, not necessarily because of the end result being the “you won” sticker but more because of the events leading up to it… like there’s kind of a correlation between my faction’s EV and my enjoyment… i’m more likely to have fun if my team isn’t being toxic and if we are working together, and these conditions also make my team more likely to win. for me to have fun and lose it would mean that both teams had played very well without being toxic, which again doesn’t happen because most games aren’t close or toxicity free

this might sound really shallow but idk how people can have fun as a villager in a game where mafia swept and town was constantly screaming at each other instead of working together but it seems to happen anyway? or at least people say they had fun

obviously this doesn’t really apply to games that are close but… back on the topic of fol - i don’t think games here are close very often. most games just end up being one side running over the other and even being on the winning team that doesn’t feel very fun or fulfilling either

1 Like

this is definitely an unpopular opinion but basically i’m saying that i don’t have fun a lot of the time i lose because the same factors that cause me to lose cause me to not have fun e.g. people making stupid/throwy plays, people not working together, people being toxic

1 Like

arctic whens the last time you were on a boat

1 Like

I remember Umineko pained me as a wolf because us wolves were chilling in witch chat mostly being chill outside of a few moments but town was tearing itself apart to the point that even as the opposing faction I was trying to lower the temperature. So I get that. For me, it was fun because my team mates were fun, but if I had been town that game I would have probably been miserable.

I get what you mean though because there is certainly not a low percentage of times where things that are super unfun are also the things that cause your faction to lose. Inactivity, toxicity, etc.

I think more than any one place the best bet for avoiding that is just finding the right player lists when they pop up. I have for sure passed on games in communities I generally like because I see the list and go ‘not for me.’

I have been tryng to broaden my horizons a bit so I get invited into more ‘all-star’ type games where no one is miserable and fun can be achieved.

Yeah @Arctic when’s the last time you were on a boat

i’m semi-selective about playerlists but the more selective you are about it the less games you’ll be able to join lol

idk sometimes i’ve felt like invitationals with tryhardy playerlists can get pretty high stakes and become extremely toxic/miserable but i’d say this is more of a thing on MU than here