Mafia: Trials and Tribulations [Thread 1 - DO NOT POST]

dont DO this to me

What is that game

it was my first game on FoL

i pocketed chloe before she replaced in

2 Likes

The fact that marl wasnā€™t attacked n1 also spews me as town
I hate being mafia when marl is town cuz he takes so much thread control and no offense proph but from what I seenā€¦you have a large presence, but like, I imagine I could play around ur thread control if you were a w
while it feels like talking to an angry bull whenever marl is town

Iā€™m actually weirded out that you were attacked instead of marl, which makes me more inclined to trust your d1 reads tbh

This has interesting implications as to whether or not leafia is mafia here but I donā€™t feel like going down that rabbit hole of night kill speculation

I mean you certainly played around most of the tricks in my book in the starship epiphron game :wowee:

I felt like I was significantly an underdog in that one bc of the lack of flip clarity and the fact that it was a fully anonymous game

1 Like

but yeah uh

idk, I think that leafia having the mindset of her role being something that clears her is a villagery thought process

her whole shtick about wagonning herself to clear herself as town is like, a little overplayed, but i think is consistent with how she hates when marl misreads her?

thereā€™s a little bit of paranoia that sheā€™s purposefully leaning into a planned persona of herself, but i think in most worlds sheā€™s town

i kind of want to trust icibalus on her leafia read as well

2 Likes

doesnā€™t the setup seem like overkill
town watcher
town roleblocker
town doctor
town bodyguard
town tree stumper

like Iā€™m looking at these lists of roles and Iā€™m thinking ā€œwhat would mafia have to counterbalance thisā€ and I do not think ā€œone shot strongmanā€ exactly cuts it

1 Like

dont forget the town town-wins-a-tie-er

which ftr i think marlā€™s Day 1 thusfar as im reading thru is villagery

if Arete actually put a role in the game that fails the wazza test Iā€™ll be really sad

the heck is the wazza test

1 Like

what would wazza do if they got this role
how would this affect the game state
is this a good thing for a mafia setup to have this game state

1 Like

is it like the turing test but to see if ur a wolf instead of a robot

2 Likes

think the mafia having a two-shot poison counteracts a lot, and itā€™s likely wolves have access to a roleblocker/rolecop/ninja

wisp is a burnout doctor who loses his ability when he successfully saves someone

if kiirumaā€™s claim is true then needing to vote the person who he roleblocks is kind of a nerf

bodyguard/tree stumper are not really super strong roles

1 Like

the wazza test?

1 Like

do you think wolves have a backup?

ima go reread the game

i donā€™t think so. if they had a backup, we would see a poison today, right? (and me dying)

if it takes them a night to backup, weā€™ll know tomorrow

wolf backups are pretty uncommon though

i think itā€™s likely that wolves have a one-shot ninja (a mirror to the Win Through Compromise ability Furio had), a roleblocker (because wolf RBers are important in role madness games), and some way to find out abilities, like a rolecop or stalker

maybe the ninja is grafted onto the roleblocker or rolecop

but idk, not really worth speculating on wolf abilities

I just reread the part of the thread where Seth voted Babel. Absolutely zero need or reason to do that as a wolf there, that I would be absolutely disgusted by their anti wolf behavior if they were a wolf lmao

1 Like