Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

it could be an accidentally optimal choice
could be that they just didn’t know what to do with the fake poison so they didn’t use it, didn’t necessarily have to know it’s suboptimal or whatever

agree speculation on this is most likely pointless

@Kanave you’ve seen eliza as both alignments before, right?

what do you think about the actual case she made here (see message this is replying to)

the confidence in the way she presented this read reminds me of the way i used to play when i thought i caught someone dead to rights based on inconsistencies in their iso, and i think it’s indicative that she believed in her read on aelin

you kinda just… talked about her other stuff instead lol

yeah idk vulgard’s kanave case kinda goes hard and he’s right that they haven’t been solving the game

there’s also this thing which i might be nitpicking, but in the post where she accused me of overreacting she prefaced it with “if you’re town you’re overreacting” which like. why was that necessary. would i not be overreacting as a wolf there as well? it reminds me of how when i’m a wolf i sometimes include “if you’re town” more than usual because i’m subconsciously worried about getting accused of TMI’ing people as town (does this happen to anyone else?)

the problem i have are these posts

which i mean
i feel like a wolf probably isnt very likely to make… especially at eod when theres a risk of being cfd’ed

it’s not strong enough to make me not want to kill them but it does give me pause

1 Like

thief

1 Like

Yes, but that was what gave my pause on her case actually
I was torn about her case on Aelin, because gut wise it just pinged me as town; but comparing it to the games ive seen them in its closer to their scumgame;

compared to

part of this is that i dont really feel like i have a good sample for her town game? Like we also played a mash but we both slanked that past d1 so meh

In the first ones she’s making a more solid case connecting the thoughts, but in her town example she just kinda goes off on random thoguhts without really wrapping them up in one solid package. I can see what you’re saying with the “thought (they) cause someone dead to rights” but personally i only had a gut feeling that it was towny and i didn’t want to confuse people by saying that post felt towny, while not liking the rest of their iso, and providing evidence that she plays differently as a wolf an towny and this fits more into the wolf slot of what i was providing?? idk my thoguhts here were just messy so i left them out, hindsight obv shouldn’t have left them out its better to just tell everyone im confused but i was conflicted

i somehow completely missed this post but i guess it’s not a totally insane thought to have then

at first she was posting like she was keeping tabs on the thread but didn’t really make reads, then she posted the stuff you quoted which implies she’s fine with how things are going and fine with her own play, then she suddenly admits it was bad now that she’s been cased

idk i feel like this is adapting to the thread more than anything else

VOTE: Nokiel

VOTE: Kanave

VOTE: Prophylaxis

2 Likes

VOTE: Kanave

i feel like if you actually read the way the reads are presented there’s a stark difference

in the posts where she was a wolf, despite admittedly the logic still being mostly as good as it is here, the way it’s presented is different. there’s a lot more hedge, a lot more pointing out things which could also come from town, as well as going back and forth

but in the one you quoted from her towngame she doesn’t really go back and forth on the read she’s making on magnus in that same post (she agrees with his first point but doesn’t say it’s a reason for him being town). it’s pretty much just a wolfread

and i feel like her case on aelin this game feels way more assertive and lacking the hedginess of the ones you quoted from her wolfgame and it’s more in line with the one from her towngame

i am less sure on this than i was before because i have remembered that she can make logical cases as a wolf, but the point about the assertiveness still stands imo

i had a day to mull over my play, my own thoughts on it changed pretty heavily in that time

So basically you’re saying that the hedgy-ness would be one of the main factors there? I can see it. In this worldview she’d have been defensive and focusing on Aelin the rest of the day essentially tunneling then…
ya i guess that fills the holes i had with her other posts; I still wouldn’t put her as a confident town though

I mean no actually, it doesn’t fill all of the holes I still don’t think the way she’s been brushing off explaining herself on the others nor deflcting is paticularly towny
sorry im trying to read another iso on jar now but i saw Eliza’s response ther and wanted to comment

Jar is super cleared via purity imo

could you expand on this

i’ve never really understood purity reads on newer players because i feel like a lot of that is more new-player-indicative than town-indicative

1 Like

if we miss again i’ll revisit eliza for aelin’s sake but i don’t think i want to go there today

@Nokiel i need you to make a stance on who you actually want to kill today
even if you don’t think your reasons are good enough you just need to go with what you think makes the most sense

like this is nonsense but there’s not a ton of scum motivation to post like this