Poor Approximations of Catgirls - Thread 1

Ftr this is roughly where I’m at as well
Idk I can give it more thought later
Should maybe prioritize solving other slots since so many people are of the strong opinion Marshal is town but I’m still iffy on it

Nah there’s a way that works but I’m not gonna say what I think about it

1x Parity Cop, or something similar to that.

It’s not that broken, and regardless, the claim is real.

1 Like

I assumed 4 wolves left
But I don’t remember how many players we started with.

that’s called Mentalist

also what if they are both mafia lol

1 Like

We started with 23
And I assumed ~6 wolves with room for a neutral or LW since OP said they may exist and it’s a large-ish game
But tbf it could be like, 4 packwolves, Vulgard, + a neut
I don’t really care if there’s a neut or not at the moment since they’d be impossible to distinguish from town as far as I’m concerned

1 Like

i think wind’s marshal push comes from town

/vote mistyx @Nyarchmage

If you see a point in outing/figuring out the exact role, go ahead

Yeah they’re not but sure. If I’m wrong, kill them both :shrug:

Valid!

I’m not sitting here forever going through Marshals iso but I’ve gotten far enough to see this post qith no followup lol

Like this is all the followup I see

Is this actually the reason Marshal has me at the bottom of her reads? Because she didn’t even put eevee at the bottom of her reads with me so idk what to make of that

I referenced this a couple hours ago when talking about Marshal complaining about my misinterpretation of whatever

But she still didn’t let go of her vague scumread on me for unexplained reasons and I don’t like it

so here’s an explanation on some of marshals reads, and she did actually say something about wisdom which does not read as “I haven’t paid attention to this slot” if she paid enough attention to disagree with them

She still gives no explanation as to why I’m scum

Idk I don’t feel like scrolling more because I don’t think I’ll even see anything to convince me otherwise

There’s inconsistency and reads that don’t seem to have reasoning so uh
Yeah she’s probably still a wolf and isn’t engaging with me because it’s inevitably going to result in me wolfreading her more
The annoying thing is that she did exactly this in like two previous games where she wolfed against me and I called her out early when others were willing to towncore her

So I feel justified

1 Like

even if a maf dies it’s unlikely they figure out that Vulgard is a lost wolf imo so he might as well just not bus

and he did go to Arete, If his motive was to bus just to get recruited then why switch?

i don’t think JC gets killed by scum if he’s leading town off a cliff

i feel like if alana/marshal/wisdom are actually all town then i think squirrel probably needs to go just by poe because the reasons i have for clearing him are pretty superficial at this point

1 Like

Well the thing is since Vulgard did go to Arete, it’s possible he was watching the thread and decided not to bus in the end :person_shrugging: he went to Arete specifically when the Marshal wagon gained traction, which would fit with your theories of Vulgard wanting to avoid a bus.

I do think there’s a much more efficient way Vulgard couldve joined wolfchat without bussing a partner but I don’t want to say it yet because I’m still thinking things through, and I don’t want people to misinterpret or impulsively act on what I say without evaluating the situation for themselves.

1 Like

I already said earlier that JC was a townkill, I don’t see why scum kill him

So wolves killed no one?? What

i did kinda think he might be a wolf at eod but that’s a pretty bad shot from town tbh
instead of just shooting the counterwagon for example

Or accidentally killed their wolf mate, who was also deep in some people’s PoE?

derpclear denied

like this doesn’t add up.

I actually think in a world where Marshal is scum Vulgard took the opportunity to switch to Arete rather than that he intended to bus.

If scum!Vulgard’s motive is to lynch scum!Marshal then why would he risk making himself look bad by switching to Arete?

neither a world where Vulgar’s intention was to bus scum!Marshal nor a world where he wanted scum!Marshal alive makes sense because Vulgard could also just have stayed on his JC vanity wagon like he said he would and no one would bat an eye for him not voting Marshal at EoD whom he had voiced as a scumread.

Yeah why would someone ever kill JC over Marshal?
I say this as someone who was quite tunneled on JC.

1 Like

Idk how Squirrel plays as a wolf but I’ve noticed sometimes he’s like, really detached from the thread as town because he’s not hawking the thread for live interaction like the rest of us with no lives. And it results in very face-value takes that are occasionally outdated or outlandish, which are kinda towny points for him. Not enough to clear him entirely but I kinda think his play this game more or less matches what I see in his other town games.

There’s a caveat to all of this, though, and I want to look closer into his slot later to give you a more solid opinion and either confirm or debunk my suspicions.