Ritual Mafia V - Game Over - Heretics and Traitor Win

Policy lynching is generally how you lose games, not win

3 Likes

yea

the original is over here
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/24092-Her-Name-Is-Thaumiel

i dont think it was changed much/at all but would need arete to confirm that cause im lazy

1 Like

Though it may be considered worth it to some people

Also I forgot I was in this game

I know why: Mech-speculation requires brain power. Instead of thinking of all possibilities, I’d rather just go Occam’s razor and choose an easy path that everyone else has already established.

1 Like

I’m gonna be real:

I angleshot Otter d2.

I was like “Hmm Otter is complaining how they don’t have time for the game, but they haven’t subbed out, they are probably mafia”

thats one of the reasons I dont like conversion

it separates “gamethrowing” from “playing optimally for my own win”

optimal play there to ensure your own win (in a 3v2 ritual phase where it goes to 50/50) is to agree to ritual scum for a conversion and win

obviously thats gamethrowing and not allowed, but the moment I have to lower my win chances to not gamethrow, im not happy

4 Likes

mech was basically unchanged except I might’ve clarified some edge cases

1 Like

also it creates things like what happened to garfooled (no offense) where they won by losing

1 Like

mid game alignment conversions are just not fun for me

but it never came up so thank god

1 Like

Ahaha… Not from me. Not because I can’t make one or because I’m uninterested, but because balancing mech is hell.

1 Like

thats funny i’ve only ever rolled town in ritual mafia (3 times)

surely its just a coincidence tho :thinking:

4 Likes

Not until at the very end, that is.

when it didn;t matter except for giving garfooled a scum win which hey, good for them

1 Like

Fair enough.

@Brakuren What was your reaction to seeing that Someone was the Shaman that you thought was dead?

1 Like

You guys still had a decent chance to win just by coin flips

idk how reliable that is tbthbthbthbthbth

some people (myself included) would pretty much never sub out regardless of time concerns (I don’t think i’ve ever subbed out of a game, despite sometimes making bad decisions where I was definitely too busy)

1 Like

That sucks tho

2 Likes

I was like, “Yeah that makes sense”

3 Likes

You’ll have to kill me first

3 Likes