[Signups 13/13] Diamond Arc Crossing

That seems like it could work, it also means that everyone gets to/has to Write A Thing even if they wouldn’t otherwise get the chance to which is more fun

I am confused about what this is saying, like, as phrased it sounds like it just makes investigative abilities totally useless but I assume that’s not what you meant?

Basically if you aren’t activated:
putting in an action that gets determined as investigative will receive the no result feedback

Alternatively it could just not give feedback
Which is fair

that makes sense to me (although I think that ‘putting in an action determined as investigative, not being activated’ should have the same feedback as ‘wolves disable investigative actions, put in an investigative action’)

kiiinda think it’s semi-breakable by having everyone submit investigative actions so you know who was activated, but that’s somewhat nerfed by the fact that that’s going to cost some amount of action utility + the investigative disabler + hosts intentionally interpreting people’s actions as not investigative

other rules things that I think would probably be good
  • Copypasting your article into the game thread should probably be not allowed
  • Town should be required to write their own articles, probably? otherwise you just get “make a player who has a lot of time ghostwrite for all of the trees” (I think wolves should still be able to write for each other)
  • if wolves are choosing who to activate, it would probably be good for there to be some limit on consecutive targeting? otherwise they can simply target all of the trees every single night, or all of the players who are really wrong every single night. making who activates random would also solve this
  • if everyone is submitting an action (due to activated people not being informed), then town abilities can be activated in the same night as mafia abilities (e.g. if wolves activate 2 wolves n1, then 3 town n1 activate), which I think would probably be good to prevent the aforementioned ‘activate the fewest number of people n2, then n3 activate all the living wolves and have them all submit killy stories’ exploit
  • previously mentioned LyLo clause (probably the easiest way to implement this is just disabling everyone’s abilities in LyLo + not allowing scum killpower that would put town from ‘not yet in LyLo’ to ‘actually we are past LyLo and town has lost’)

Sure

Sure

That’s just quoting from RC so already illegal

I believe this is how it works already since it’s a day action to activate for the following night for both maf / town

Sure

1 Like

Reread op all changes now in

I agree. That’s a great idea. ^_^

I’ll be honest that my creativity is not the highest so I’m trying to think up the most fun and crazy things and it’s making me just amp up my excitement gradually

this setup is extremely confusing

/in

3 Likes

this setup is extremely confusing

/sub

2 Likes

one last thing

if Mafia are choosing who to activate in day you should decide what happens if they choose someone who gets yeeted (obvious patch is random target with wolves informed of who)
as well as what happens if they choose an n and the are less than n wolves alive (obvious patches are ‘all living wolves activate, n+1 town do’ or ‘all living wolves activate, that number +1 town to,’)

/informed spec

don’t have time to write an english paper every cycle but looks interesting

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m inclined to just have it resolve random target with wolves informed of who

1 Like

/in

/in

@Geyde when does this game start

Planning for after christmas given current rate of signups
So 11 am PST on the 27th probably

I might have to out in that case

I’m in a hydra game starting on the 27th

I’ll see how tomorrow pans out for signups

If the game doesn’t fill by the 22nd then I will push it to the 27th because of Christmas
If it fills by the point I’ll start it as soon as is reasonable

1 Like