The Adventures of Biff Schwanstein #1: Rutilant Roles

I’m HIJACKING THIS GODDAMN THREAD

today I will be autopsying a recently dead game

Rip in piss forever miss

This game wasn’t as fun as I expected

I expected this game to either be incredibly funny and wacky, or to be a massive trash heap

The odd thing is that it was neither?

Practically this game was played like mountainous with some extra shenanigans, but otherwise much of the game wasn’t very memorable

I believe that the cause of this was because I was “trying” “”too”” “”””””””””hard“”””””””””

as loathe as I am to critique perfection, I must because it does not exist.

I spent too hard on trying to turn it into a meme that I sometimes forgot to make the roles actually interesting

Let’s discuss this like women, with our fists.

Town will always destroy your beautifully crafted setup in the worst ways possible

I.E making making unfun to play and watch

That would be a problem

Its only funny if the roles are interesting and unique enough to make it funny

2 Likes

I skimmed and it was basically just a storm an a barren plain

2/4 wolves AtEd to hell and back when pushed, we quickhammered 4 times against my wishes, and one of the villagers spent the entire game tunneling me only to be misyeeted in LyLo after I flipped town.

I definitely could’ve played better, but I don’t think the issues with the game were related to the setup at all.

On paper, the playerlist was solid… it just didn’t end up that way in practice.

@GGhana

If it’d help, just post the full setup here
I’ll workshop it to see what’s wrong (if anything)

As for hosting…I can probably help with workshopping that too.

sure

can add you to the game review thread on mafia universe and you can also see some of my thoughts

@geyde

You can’t possibly be saying that a dreaming god ability that accidentally PGO’d half the scum team in one night was bad can you?

2 Likes

oh no it’s obviously a joke

I got it!

Geyde’s Favourite (Role): Each phase, as an action, you may target another three players. For each of those players, if they are town, they become an alignment cop. If they are mafia, they become an arsonist. If they are any other alignment, they become a cult leader.

7 Likes

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore

3 Likes

Roadmap:

“Closed Setups and Balance: A Measured Response”
“Mechtechnical Guide to Insanity”
“Ad Absurdum; Why Every Element has a Purpose”
“Legend of Darwin: Midnight Madness”
“Legend of Darwin: Horseless Cart”
“MRF: Topple Downers versus Bottle Upplers”