Thoughts on Jesters

like I designed Nightless Mime 9 which is perfectly playable but in no world would I ever call that representative of adding a Jester to an average game

2 Likes

Fair. As for a game centered on Jesters though… What about Heaven and Hell FM from a couple months / years ago?

1 Like

no memory of it

1 Like

that’s not really comparable because as a jester you are trying to convince people you are scum whereas you are trying to convince people you are town to get sent to heaven…

1 Like

I see. Hm… Jester sure is a tough role to add in a setup.

1 Like

you dont even really have to pretend to be scum to die as jester, depending on who u are youll just get MLed eventually

4 Likes

eliza rands jester but the thread decides she is locktown

5 Likes

ONUW: exists

2 Likes

ONUW: is bad

3 Likes

onuw is good but not in a forum context

2 Likes

i am decidedly not a ONUW fan

3 Likes

yall are just mad i won

3 Likes

personal opinion: the mechanical side of onuw is not conducive to playing chaotically as youd think it would be
on the other hand the same roles make it difficult to play hardcore socially (ie robber + ww)
lots of roles like troublemaker + the limited claimspace makes for a fair amount of mechanically locked games which arent fun for anybody

ive just not had fun playing it honestly

3 Likes

for a game that markets itself as chaotic
you cant really do shit as a wolf without just losing

2 Likes

you can if you shout everyone down and thats why it works irl and not in forum

3 Likes

nah even irl it’s still just worse than playing another social deduction game unless you have like exactly 10 minutes and no access to Chameleon

2 Likes

shrug

i only ever experienced it as a changeup to playing secret hitler basically every day

3 Likes

Fool balance wise should not be a thing unless it’s revealed in some way.
If you Hide a Fool’s presence it’s actually unfair to the evil faction.

Jester is fine cause like it doesn’t end the game and you could also give it some extra abilities per say to make it more fun, they could be useless abilities but something to spice the game up a bit.

1 Like

The jester enigma

1 Like