Weekly Monday Discussion #4 - User Presence

you know how when you ask the teacher a question and they make you realize you answered it yourself

Tutuu do you even know

1 Like

I don’t know who Insanity is but I’m picking up from the vibes that this is a really funny post.

2 Likes

It’s a very funny post

1 Like

The host had to post in the public thread, not wolf chat, that x action should not be done in rolecards or wolfchat

2 Likes

what

It wasnt Pg-13

1 Like

Wrong reply ignore that

I don’t understand why it was being done in wolf chat

see where i’m from wolfchat is public not just postgame, but to specs and dead players. so the idea of a wolfchat that’s uh… that private is very foreign to me

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this is part of it, too. I play on Discord, it’s literally just a channel, it’s public to specs as you’re playing and it’s public after. People still manage to wolf fine.

this is also true of role channels in my space, which is. i mean it’s worked fine i think people understand if they really have to vent they can do it in dms with host permission (which is probably a better place for venting anyway)

Alrighty
I saw who cast ballots for what and i got no suspicion of foul play, and i will disallow typing a common symbol ubiquitously. This forum will stay without a lock for discussion, but until a solid, no-bug way is found to allow it again on a forum-by-forum basis, it will stay off

Thanks a ton for giving your input, all

3 Likes

i often use wolfchat for a lot of no-strings-attached venting to my friends and i feel like letting public people see everything i say in confidence to people i consider my friends is something im not totally comfortable with

im not sure whats happening but i can see it not being for a competitive advantage (which i agree that i disapprove of) but instead being for personal comfort reasons so im not totally comfortable with a blanket disallowage

1 Like

This isn’t important, but I can’t help but correct that your use of “no-strings-attached” seems the opposite of what you meant.

i meant like, without you having to worry about “is X saying this because she’s a certain alignment? would she do this as X alignment? etc etc”
by “no strings attached” i meant “without the added baggage of social deduction game on it”

on here its fine because im pretty comfortable with most of you but i know on mu id actually be like, really scared of specific people seeing me have a breakdown because they’d say im being overdramatic, ruining the spirit of the game, shouldn’t be ruining their game for people by being stressed, saying i dont belong in the community, saying im just an attention seeker, and all kinds of other nasty stuff
…im not sure if mu is like that anymore, i suffered emotional abuse on mu from a small handful of people who were the people i was mostly scared of

1 Like

I didn’t vote, but if I did, I would have voted to enable.

3 Likes

also idk where this discussion came from but not releasing wolf chat is super cringe and always will be without exception

1 Like

…did you read my post?

i will never advocate forcing someone to share something that they’re not comfortable with unless i’m sure that the benefits are worth more than causing potentially significant emotional or trust damage to that person
which is rare and only involves weighing it against the trust of other people

i am free to encourage sharing of wolfchat if your reasons are that for a game advantage, yeah
but i will advocate against potentially degrading the trust between community members caused by the forcible sharing of something that makes someone genuinely emotionally vulnerable and suffer possibly significant, real hurt
for the sake of getting an in-game advantage

1 Like