Weekly Monday Discussion - Vanilla Roles

ungated mafia vigilante is vanilla apparently

1 Like

for clarity, setups are still subject to balance review even if they only use vanilla roles :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I get that this is supposed to be a weaker Tracker, but somehow this has become a pseudo Role Cop in an open Vanilla setup.

We might need a clarification on how this role works if it gets executed. Because dying by execution is still a death, except this time it’s done by multiple players.

–actually, we probably also need a clarification on how it operates if multiple attackers / killers (e.g. mafia, vigilante, serial killer) visited this role on the same night.

Perhaps specify when the Vengeful may kill a player. If Vengeful dies at night, does day start get delayed until Vengeful has chosen their target, or do they have to choose a target prior to their death in order for their ability to work?

1. I have never heard of this role.
  2. Wouldn’t this role be multi-classing Protective/Killing, kind of like CPR Doctor?
  3. How does this role even work? Does it only kill targets on Nights when Doctors die, or does it also kill its targets after a Doctor (assuming there are multiple) has died?

I get that it’s Protective because it’s called Bodyguard, but if you ignore that, why is the Redirection Version in Protective and not Redirection?

Actually, why are there even two versions in the first place? This list’s version of Strongwilled only gives immunity to roleblocks and not redirections, and this list’s version of Strongman only negates heals / protections, so is the Redirecting Bodyguard just “a better version” of Bodyguard that is immune to both modifiers?

I don’t use these often (if at all) in my setups, because: How exactly does this work? What’s the chronology / action order?

• Target a player at night
  • “Can use target player’s ability” at the same night

How does this work with OoO (order of operations)? When will the Role Thief be informed of their target’s ability, and when can the Role Thief use their target’s ability?

Do they choose someone, and then have the host be like: “Oh dear, I gotta tell them what they have ASAP!” –only to say they actually wanted to switch targets after seeing their initial target’s role?

–also, I feel like this ought to belong to a Power-Gaining class.

I plea for the mandate disabling Voting class abilities in XYLO. Imagine being Town Gladiator targeting another Town at XYLO, causing the game to end. I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Who does the Copier target? If Copier targets Alignment Cop, who was targeting a Mafia Tracker, would Copier be checking for the Tracker or the Cop?

I feel like this really needs to be reworded… We all ought to know what a Backup is, but this description can easily be misinterpreted.

Would the Role Copier therefore lose their ability to copy other players’ roles?

:eyes:
Oh, I am going to have some fun in filling the Vanilla Queue!

Wait… :joy: This just means that any role I can think of can be considered as Vanilla. :joy:

I was thinking: “How could CPR Doctor be Vanilla?” But this is just the answer!

CPR Doctor is a…

• combined role of…
  • Doctor with a condition that the target is attacked…
  • and…
  • Vigilante with a condition that the target is not attacked.

What defines as “publicly” and what separates this modifier from the “Event” modifier?

my understanding is that “public” is like

you are a Public Dayvig = you have to publicly submit your dayvig ability (e.g., post /dayvig katze in the thread)

vs.

you are an Event Dayvig = “A dayvig ability has been activated” is announced publicly

(although obviously in most cases it will. Be announced anyway. :joy_cat:)

2 Likes

Zone i think it would be incredibly healthy if you considered the phrase “just because you could doesnt mean you should”

add sorcerer so sorc17 can be vanilla

5 Likes

I have considered it and I have come to the conclusion that generic Vanilla is too boring.

But also: I already have my backlog filled with Special setups, and I’d rather not host two games at once for an extended period of time.

1 Like

petition to add helicopter
Hider ELIm-proof COP docTOR
its absolute garbage as a character but it has a funny name

5 Likes

Hm… I can make it work.

1 Like

okay now i really wanan make a roflcopter joat
1x rolecop 1x follower 1x cop 1x doctor

1 Like

Role Cop
Flavor Cop
Copycat
Reporter

Healer
Lightning Rod
Cop Invalidator
Doublevoter

My Roflcopter is a JOAT, whereas my Helicopter has all abilities at once.

So, the Helicopter is like:

• Heal target from poison
  • Redirect all action aiming at target to Helicopter
  • Cause target to be unable to be checked by Cops for the rest of the game
  • Has vote weight of two, until Helicopter uses the HeLiCop ability
3 Likes

Arso and firefighter are missing lol dumb mods

2 Likes

cant wait to have a vanilla game with a Mafia Arsonist

4 Likes

uh oh

3 Likes

we should add 3rd party jester
Jester — Wins if nobody has fun.

2 Likes

we should add a 3rd party survivor.
what do you mean botc is a game where death has significantly less impact and can actually be beneficial at times and where evil’s whole wincon is getting a player into f2

1 Like

wait i forgot this isn’t about botc i just saw an amelia post and assumed

2 Likes

we should add a third party mega-survivor that only wins if they and all of the other survivors survive

2 Likes

Hm… :thinking:

1 Like

Firefighter