Monster Mistery: Chapter 0: Escape.

When you die, you retry a room, right?
I think that’s the gimmick.

1 Like

Yes. That’s the gimmick.

So are there a limited number of attempts, or is the most dedicated player practically guaranteed to win?

1 Like

Everyone can see your fails, so dedication might not be enough, if others can pick up on things you don’t.

1 Like

To our current understanding: There is unlimited lives.
Though I have to agree with Luna: Dedication might not be enough.

“I am suffering.” (Merchant!Zone)
“I have suffered.” (Altruist!Zone)

“Correction. It appears I will have to continue suffering.” (Altruist!Zone)

“Let’s be real here: It’s probably for the best, because otherwise Mr. Muscle would take over the wheel and let the participants die.” (Merchant!Zone)

Thought Process

*Altruist has entered the thread*
*Mr. Muscle has entered the thread*
*Merchant has entered the thread*
*Hedonist has entered the thread*

Hedonist: “Oh. Oh, yeah. Zone’s fucked. LMAO. We’re dedge. We’re so doomed once we get back.”

Merchant: “Not quite. This might be a fortuitous moment for us. I dare say this might be the best opportunity to learn from our mistakes! After all we can–”

Mr. Muscle: “Bah! This and that doesn’t matter. In the end, we are ultimately weak as hell, and we still can’t perfect clear this chapter without perfect knowledge.”

Altruist: "Which is why [REDACTED]"

Hedonist: “Nuh-uh! No spoilers, Alty! Other peepo have to fuck up as big as Merry did if they wanna know what’s happening on our end~!”

Merchant: “I agree with Hedonist. Though… Did you really have to say it like that? You could’ve just not mention the part where I–”

Mr. Muscle: “Enough talking! There is no benefit in revealing information, and spoilers are no fun anyway! Let’s go back.”
*Mr. Muscle has left the thread*

Merchant: “Cheers. Godspeed, Altruist.”
*Merchant has left the thread*

Altruist: “…Hedonist, are you not going back with them?”

Hedonist: “I will. I just want to see your disappointing face a little bit longer~ :yum: Welp. As Merry said before, good luck Alty! Don’t mess it up like Merry did~!”
*Hedonist has left the thread*

Altruist: “Sigh… If you don’t hear anything from us (in particular, ‘me’) in the next 48 hours, then I would have most probably been assimilated with Merchant. Good bye, everyone.”
*Altruist has left the thread*

–and that is pretty much what’s been happening to me over the past week. I don’t know whether this actually keeps me sane or turns me insane, but it sure does take up a lot of time. orz

So, it turns out I had a misunderstanding. A reasonable understanding, mind you.
I pretty much understand… ‘everything’, but… damn. F*** the south.

When things go south!

…what would be the inversion?

Hot to cold. Depth to height.
Blindness to extrasensory. Drag to slippery.

All things considered, I stand by what I said.
F*** the south.

Krytal (Leafia) escaped.
She saved her game.

2 Likes

You are right… I really should have used a mountain instead of the swamp…

…that is not what I meant when I said ‘depth’, but it’s good to see that you are inspired. :+1:

I’m officily the first one to gain the lizardman’s trust as confirmed by Marluna. ^_^

2 Likes

Congratulations!
…I am never getting that. I am off to another path. One that may never end.

2 Likes

Thanks and good luck Zone.

1 Like

Hi. Spoilers here.
I found out what happened.
Unfortunately, that’s all I can say.

Found out what happened? Not sure what you mean by that exactly.

I found out what happens to anyone who approaches the south.
Hence, f*** the south.

Ah. I see.