A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia - Game Over: Rainbow's End [Mafia Victory]

Night has a point on Sleeping.
Might be best option here.

… what

Isolde, no. It’s now a Kiiruma/ATNoName thunderdome.
…and I haven’t re-evaluated Kiiruma yet.
–but I refuse to believe he is mafia!
F*** IT!

/vote ATNoName @Host_Account_1

Vote Count

Vote Target Voted by Votes
ATNoName Kiiruma, Zone_Q11 2/5
Not Voting Atlas, Gorta, Isolde, ATNoName, BradLand, nightingale

The deadline is 2022-03-02T19:00:00Z.

Votes are locked.

2 Likes

Game Over: Rainbow’s End

[flavor taken from the Index light novels]

Aiwass.

That was the name the being that seemed to be classified under the codename Dragon gave itself.

Facing Aiwass, Accelerator carefully observed the blonde being.

His thoughts did not lead him to an action he should take next.

Accelerator and the rest of Group had been acting on the basis of finding the identity of the top secret Dragon and using that information to negotiate on an even playing field with the higher ups of the city. However, they had been thinking of using the mere information. They had never thought Dragon itself would appear before them so easily.

It was possible Accelerator had believed somewhere in his heart that he would never find the identity of Dragon. That was why his thoughts ground to a halt when the being appeared before him so suddenly.

“You look surprised,” said the blonde being known as Aiwass without changing its expression.

Its golden hair seemed to be putting off a faint light.

“Is my appearance that baffling to you?”

Of course it was.

Why had the being that Academy City had been hiding at all costs appeared to him? Accelerator thought of a few possibilities and he chose the most logical one among them.

“…Do you work for Shiokishi? If you’re backup, you’re a little too late.”

“Do you really think that?”

Aiwass shook its head.

Despite having made a clear declaration of its intentions, Accelerator couldn’t grasp what the being was thinking.

“…”

Accelerator remained silent for a bit and then rejected the possibility he himself had spoken. It had seemed like Shiokishi had hated…no, feared Dragon. Even if that wasn’t it, it still hadn’t been the reaction one would have to one’s pawn.

But even so, why had Aiwass appeared before Accelerator at that time?

“I have recognized that you have a certain level of value and…I was curious,” said Aiwass.

The words were spoken with such a carefree sense that it seemed to deny everything Group, Shiokishi, and the others had done.

“I wanted you to meet me, so I appeared. Are you dissatisfied?”

Something wasn’t right.

But it didn’t seem the being was hiding anything.

It was like the being was saying that Accelerator had not been silently defeated along with Tsuchimikado and the others solely because the being had seen value and found interest in him.

(What do I do…?)

Accelerator slightly lowered his center of gravity.

Many beings had appeared threatening Accelerator’s life such as Kihara Amata of the Hound Dogs and Kakine Teitoku of School, but Aiwass was completely different. He didn’t even feel any ill will coming from the being.

Aiwass was an extremely important element to the higher ups of Academy City.

However, there was more than one way of using that fact. Defeating Aiwass would certainly bring major damage to the plan they were putting together, but there may have been a much more effective way of dealing with the situation.

It didn’t help that Accelerator didn’t know what kind of role Aiwass played.

He couldn’t come up with an effective way of using the being if he didn’t at least know that much.

Accelerator’s mental state was much like that of a chained up dog and Aiwass showed its first feeling towards him in a surprised looking face.

“This is a different result than I had predicted. I was sure the defeat of your companions would cause you to retaliate and be thrown to the ground before me within 3 seconds.”

“…Now that statement would be a perfect trigger,” responded Accelerator in a low voice.

Aiwass had indeed silently defeated Tsuchimikado Motoharu, Musujime Awaki, and Unabara Mitsuki.

However, that was not an impetus for Accelerator to take hostile action. As he had said many times, Accelerator saw Group as a nothing more than something to be used.

He would first try to drag out whatever information he could.

After that was when he would determine if he needed to take hostile action.

Having chosen what he would do, Accelerator looked back at Aiwass.

“What are you? Why are you hidden behind the codename Dragon?”

“Do I have to explain it from there?” the blonde being said in a tone that seemed to be saying it was surprised at how unintelligent Accelerator was. “My identity is nothing much. I am just a mere hboieEXISTENCEab, so-…”

Aiwass’s words blurred.

Accelerator frowned, but Aiwass itself seemed puzzled and brought its hand up to its throat to check on its voice.

“…Hmm. So I cannot even express that level of meaning in this world. There are not enough headers. This will make the explanation difficult. You do not mind if I do so in a rather roundabout way, do you?. It would be simple enough to express this directly, but then that wgbudDESTRUCTIONwsrui will occur.”

Aiwass did not seem to be joking.

The way its voice sounded was odd. When the being’s voice blurred like that, the source of the sound seemed to shift. That made it sound very odd. It was a bit like wearing stereo headphones with the right and left switched.

“Are you familiar with the term Fuse Kazakiri?”

“…?”

Shiokishi had mentioned that name, but Accelerator had no idea to what it referred. However, when Aiwass saw his face, it sighed.

“It really is a pain to have to explain everything from the very beginning. Remember what I say and look into it on your own later. At any rate, that is a being that can be referred to as an artificial angel. Given her properties, that is not incorrect, but that does not actually reach what Fuse Kazakiri truly is. She is actually something like a production line used to form me, Aiwass.”

Accelerator had not understood most of what the being said, but the word angel stuck with him.

When Kihara Amata had injected Last Order with that virus, wings of light had appeared. Apparently, the true purpose of that had been part of a plan prepared for this Aiwass.

“Let us compare it to a crystal. And a familiar substance would be…water or salt. Yes, let us go with salt. Think of an AIM diffusion field as extremely concentrated salt water. However, that alone will not cause crystallization. To effectively proceed, it is better to add a foreign material to the salt water. That foreign material could be a single stick or it could be something like small dust. It could even be an nsrioANGELgau like Fuse Kazakiri. …Well, the crystallization is simple, but when you want it to be a particular shape and size, the qualities of the core must be carefully prepared.”

“…Are you saying you’re a being made based on this Fuse Kazakiri thing?”

“Technically, it is more accurate to say Fuse Kazakiri is a factory production line fine-tuned in order to create me. I will not deny that I was born following the pattern of Fuse Kazakiri. Although, born is not quite the right word. It would be more correct to say uyAPPEARidvif…damn, the language cannot keep up. Rather than ‘born’, let us say ‘appeared’. That is not technically correct, but I cannot express it any better than that.”

Aiwass moved its own index finger slowly down along its chest to its abdomen.

“Aleister seems to like roundabout methods, but I am not something that can be dealt with using clone technology.”

If that being was a mass of AIM diffusion fields, then it was not human.

Despite the discussion being so absurd, Accelerator did not laugh.

In fact, he would have found it incredibly odd if Aiwass were to claim to be human.

“What to do?” said Aiwass. “I appeared out of curiosity, but what do I do now? What do you want to do? Will you try to crush Aleister’s ambitions based on the information you receive from me?”

“…Are you serious?” Accelerator’s caution rose upon hearing those last words. “I don’t know what that board chairman is after, but you’re at the core of it. Crushing Aleister’s plan would be to return a being supported by artificially means such as yourself to nothingness.”

“True,” Aiwass nodded causing its blonde hair to sway. “What is your point?”

“What…?”

“Let us speak of history,” Aiwass said suddenly changing the topic. “The humans that live on the surface of this planet do quite a bit in the name of preserving their environment. They say that most of the plants and animals will go extinct if things do not change, so they diligently gather up empty cans and lower the amount of smoke they produce.”

“Well, some people are rather zealous about that kind of thing.”

“Are you humans taking these actions solely to get people to watch you?”

“What the hell is your point?”

“I am merely saying that history does not change in the slightest,” Aiwass responded smoothly. “This planet once had an ice age. The environment changed drastically and most plants and animals went extinct. …But did history itself come to an end? Whether the tiny beings clinging to the surface live or die, the flow of time continues on unchanged. Even if a worldwide nuclear war began right here and now and every life form on the surface of the earth were completely annihilated, it would have no effect on the thick pillar of history. In ten thousand years or in one hundred thousand years, something else would come forth in the place of the current life forms.”

“…”

“This is the same. I may not be a being that should be a part of this dimension’s history. It seems the man known as Aleister is persistent in his desire to use me, but it is no problem to me if his plan suffers a major setback. It may take ten thousand years or one hundred thousand years, but I will have another opportunity to asbuAPPEARoagbv…I mean, appear. Even that is of little value to me.”

Aiwass slowly spread its arms wide causing its long blonde hair to sway.

“Now then, what will you do? It could be amusing if you killed me here and gave quite a shock to Aleister. Of course, that is only if you possess the ability to do so.”

Accelerator couldn’t read the being.

Some kind of gear must have been missing because it felt like none of the usual offensive thought patterns appeared. That was what it felt like. It was not an issue of finding a basis. Accelerator did not think he would be able to find an opening if he just took a long time to calculate everything out. There was simply no point in fighting. The idea felt as foolish as running along the ground attempting to catch up to the sun sinking below the horizon.

As Accelerator made no movement, Aiwass spoke with its arms still spread wide.

“Oh? Is that really your choice? Let me tell you this first: Aleister may believe in his ability to a fault, but he is not a perfect human.”

“What?”

“The plan he has put together has already begun to come apart at the seams in a few places.”

Despite describing a problem that its very existence depended on, Aiwass did not seem to especially care.

“With every irregular phenomenon Aleister himself brings about, he believes that he is recovering from it in a way that benefits his plan, but tiny cracks have started to spread bit by bit. At this rate, situations will develop from the plan he created that Aleister himself does not foresee. For instance…”

Accelerator had a very bad feeling about what was to come.

He had a feeling he was about to hear something he shouldn’t.

But Aiwass continued.

It continued as if toying with the minds of tiny and miserable people was its sole enjoyment in a boring world.

“For instance, Last Order, who is one of the cornerstones of the plan, will surely eventually ‘break down’ at the current rate. Although, she is just a clone, so that problem can be solved simply by creating another clone with the same functionality.”

Those words were enough.

Accelerator abandoned all cause for concern and determined to take action.

Accelerator lay on the bloody floor. He had lost a terrible amount of blood, but he oddly felt no pain. He couldn’t move his arms or legs properly. However, he felt no fear. It was possible he didn’t even have enough strength to spare for that.

(Is it…over…?)

He had bet his life on that strike. That final bullet had accurately pierced straight through the triangular prism-like object he had seen within Aiwass’s semi-transparent head. That had been followed by the sound of a shattering crystal. He didn’t really know what that had been, but he assumed it was Aiwass’s weak point.

But…

“I guess that was so-so.”

This time…This time true despair struck Accelerator. At some point, Aiwass had appeared standing before him. He didn’t know when exactly the being had appeared. He didn’t know how it had recovered, if he had even damaged it, or what that triangular prism was. The battle had gone on that long, but he still didn’t have a single piece of solid information.

“If I were on the same level as Fuse Kazakiri, that would probably have taken me out. Even if it hadn’t exactly killed me, it would have been a few years before I could have come out again. Aleister’s plan would have needed major revisions and you may have been able to rescue Last Order in that time.”

Aiwass was speaking in a carefree manner as if it did not particularly care if it lived on or died.

“However, it seems Aleister was a little more careful than I had thought in building up my security. He may worry too much. At any rate, my defenses seem to have been made much more solid than I had thought.”

“…God damn it…”

Accelerator desperately tried to stand up.

However, he had lost too much blood. He couldn’t move his arms and legs properly. As he struggled, Aiwass continued.

“It may not be particularly fair to you since you fought with everything you had, but…”

Aiwass smiled thinly.

A shining angel’s halo appeared above its head.

The halo was a palely shining platinum with a white core hidden within.

The blonde monster that appeared before people based on its curiosity that was based on subjective value then spoke its final words.

“It seems I can transform.”

An explosive noise rang out.

Accelerator’s consciousness was mercilessly blown away.

The final hope to protect a certain girl had fallen.

ATNoName has been executed.

ATNoName

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, ATNoName! You are Mugino Shizuri.

Role: Town Regretful Vigilante
Height: 172 cm
Esper Power Level: 5

The fourth-ranked level 5 esper, you are the leader of ITEM (a group affiliated with the dark side of the city) and one of the most destructive espers in the city. Your esper power, Meltdowner, allows you to forcibly control electrons to generate lethal laser beams, which can easily disintegrate anything in your path.

While you are a more than capable fighter on your lonesome, you being partnered with another member of ITEM, Takitsubo Rikou, allows your ability to reach even further heights and would potentially even exceed the powers of the the third, second, and possibly even the first-ranked. Rikou’s esper ability, AIM Stalker, allow her to track down other esper’s naturally emitting AIM fields. This ability, coupled with the nearly-unlimited range of your Meltdowner, allows the both of you to track down your target and smite them with a single blast.

In a fit of rage, you’ve cut the body of your former teammate, Frenda, in half with Meltdowner, as punishment for leaking ITEM’s location and ability knowledge to SCHOOL. Now, it is time for Dark Matter and SCHOOL to get wiped off the face of the earth.

Abilities:
Meltdowner (active/night)
- Each Night, you may target another player and kill them. If you kill a mafia-aligned player, you will lose this ability.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats.

The mafia team of Atlas, Whysper, Isolde, and Gorta have won!

The mafia wins! Congratulations!

Setup and post-game thoughts to follow.

1 Like

Idk why you all ignored Gorta.
Threw him in town and that’s that lol

I GTg to work now bye

GG’s

This was a game that happend

Seth, you actually played well but that d2 stuff with zone was

kinda unnecessary

Son of a bitch.
I knew Isolde slipped because the night target was impossible
Why did I go for ATNo instead of Isolde.
UGH

…good lord, this hurts.
So badly.

2 Likes

i am in a severe amount of pain

4 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I would’ve voted nightingale had I not voted ATNoName with you.
…sigh. GGWP.

Role PMs

eevee

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, eevee! You are Shirai Kuroko.

Role: Town Two-Shot Redirector/Neighbor
Height: 152 cm
Esper Power Level: 4

You are a level 4 esper, a student at Tokidawai Middle School, and a member of Judgement, Academy City’s student-based disciplinary committee. In addition, you are also the roommate, best friend, and lover of the number 3 ranked esper in the city, Misaka Mikoto. Your love for your onee-sama (big sister) knows no bounds, even as she constantly spurns your efforts to get physically intimate with her.

As a student of Tokiwadai, you value justice and honor, which is why you enrolled in Judgement - to keep the peace and punish evildoers using your esper power. Your esper power is Teleport - a very handy ability that lets you transport yourself and anything close to you instantaneously, in the blink of an eye. As a member of Judgement, you hope that your training and esper power will help keep Academy City safe.

Abilities:
Judgement (passive) - You have a neighbor chat with the other members of Judgement, which include Konori Mii (JakeTheWolfe) and Uiharu Kazari (lol). You may chat at any time. Your alignments are unconfirmed to each other.

Teleport (two-shot/night/active) - Each Night, you may target another player. You may choose one of two abilities to happen:

• Any abilities that target that player tonight instead target you. This ability does not affect nightkills. You will learn whether you successfully redirected any abilities using this ability.
  • Any abilities that target you tonight instead target that player. This ability does not affect nightkills. You will learn whether you successfully redirected any abilities using this ability.

Please confirm by replying to this PM. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

lol

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, lol! You are Uiharu Kazari.

Role: Town Neighbor
Height: 153 cm
Esper Power Level: 1

A member of the Judgement 177 branch office (Academy City’s student-based disciplinary committee) and a student at Sakugawa Middle School, you became fast friends with Kuroko Shirai, Saten Ruiko, and Misaka Mikoto after Shirai showed both you and Saten the Tokiwadai Middle School dorms. As a member of Judgement, you often assist the branch office with your excellent computer hacking skills, which allow you to often pick up info on trouble makers and infiltrate Academy City’s numerous security systems.

Even though times are tough right now, you’ve been able to set up a communication link with all of the other Judgement members, so you, Shirai, and Konori can all talk with each other. You have no combat ability whatsoever, so hopefully your technology wizardry can help provide support to the other Judgement members.

Abilities:
Judgement (passive) - You have a neighbor chat with the other members of Judgement, which include Konori Mii (JakeTheWolfe) and Kuroku Shirai (eevee). You may chat with each other at any time. Your alignments are unconfirmed to each other.

Here is a link to the neighbor chat.

Please confirm by replying to this PM. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Zone_Q11

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Zone_Q11! You are Kongou Mitsuko.

Role: Town Ascetizier
Height: 163 cm

“There is nothing I cannot send flying!”

You’re the heiress of the famous Kongou Aviation Industry, which manufactures powered suits and airplanes, as well as a recent transferee of Tokiwadai Middle School and a level 4 esper. You have great control over your Aero Hand ability, which allows you to create a powerful air gust on anything you touch.

You often act like a real ojou-sama, but when the time comes you are willing to risk your life to help your friends. Ever since transferring in, you’ve made some good friends in Wannai Kinuho and Awatsuki Maaya, and while not a core part of Misaka Mikoto’s friend group, you both often confide and support each other.

You were injured after being injected by debilitating nanodevices and beaten up by a low-life cretin, but since then, you’ve made a full recovery and you are now allowed to start attending school again. You hope to continue developing your esper powers as well as continue adapting back into school life.

Abilities:
Aero Hand (night/active) - Each Night, you may target a player and place an Air Jet on that player. This ability resolves before all other night actions.
Whenever a player targets a player that has an Air Jet on them with a non-killing ability, that ability is blocked and all Air Jets on all living players will disappear. You will be notified when this happens.

BradLand

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, BioHazard! You are Hokaze Junko.

Role: Town Conditional Bulletproof
Height: 168 cm

Often known as the “ringlet curl girl” to people who don’t know you, you are a third-year student at Tokiwadai Middle School and you’re the most loyal, best friend of Shokuhou Misaki, the Queen of Tokiwadai and one of the school’s two Level 5 espers. Seeing as her judgement is somewhat temperamental, you often manage her clique for her when she is off busy doing other things. Similarly to Misaka Mikoto (the other level 5 esper of Tokiwadai), you have an obsession with Gekota and are keen to show off your merch where ever you go.

Your esper power, Rampage Dress, allows you to manipulate the electric signals in your cells to perform past the limits of your physical abilities. So in addition to being a refined young lady, you are also extremely physically strong and can take out most espers, even, in a fight. Your Queen has been quite worried lately. You hope that you can support her in this time of need with your physical abilities.

Abilities:
Rampage Dress (night/passive) - Whenever a mafia player is executed, you cannot be killed the following Night.

nightingale

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, ReveredHeroOfFoL! You are Miyama Shaei.

Role: Town One-Shot Bookie Cop
Height: 139 cm
Esper Power Level: Unknown

A 10-year old boy who currently attends Matsuume Elementary School. Subject is in the 4th grade. Subject’s only companion is a dog named Pero. Esper power level currently unknown. His unknown esper ability was ridiculed by his other classmates as a source of misfortune and unluck. In addition to this, he was able to predict a tragic accident which was going to occur to one of his bullies, but he was unable to do anything about it. Due to this, the subject changed elementary schools.

Subject is currently utilizing the power of his unknown esper power to attempt to predict future events using the phone app he has created, called “Treasure Hunter”. Subject’s esper ability is worth further investigation due to being out of the scope of Academy City’s esper leveling system.

Abilities:
Treasure Hunter (night/active) - At the beginning of the game and each Night, you may send in a prediction on which player will be executed the following Day. If that player is executed, you will lose this ability and gain a shot of Thoughtography.
Thoughtography (zero-shot/night/active) - Each Night, you may target another player. You will learn that player’s alignment.

Please confirm by replying to this PM and by sending me a prediction. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Hippopablompoyeetus

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Hippopablompoyeetus! You are Haruue Erii.

Role: Town Sister-in-Arms
Height: 153 cm
Esper Power Level: 2

You are a level 2 esper and a Child Error - a student who was orphaned in Academy City, and made to enter the city’s orphanage system. You’ve recently transferred to the same school as Saten Ruiko and Uiharu Kazari, and you quickly became fast friends with them - especially Uiharu, as you both have similar builds and personalities. You are a very meek but kind girl, who only wishes for everyone to get along.

Previously, you had an issue where undergoing emotional stress would cause an RSPK Syndrome, which would make your esper power, Telepath, go out of control. However, ever since reuniting with your childhood friend Edasaki Banri, these incidents have stopped occurring. Recently, you’ve moved in with her, and both of your telepathy abilities have proven to be very handy as you can both communicate whilst away from each other. You don’t know what’s going on in the city at present, but you just hope that you can enjoy a normal school like with Banri, Uiharu, and Saten.

Abilities:
Telepath (passive)
- At the beginning of the game, you may pick a player on the replacement list or a player from outside the game. That player will be removed from the replacement list, if they were on it, and will be allowed to communicate with you for the rest of the game through a private chat.

Please confirm by replying to this PM and by sending me the name of a player you would like to communicate with. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Wazza

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, JakeTheWolfe! You are Konori Mii.

Role: Town Neighbor / Two-Shot Reporter
Height: 163 cm
Esper Power Level: 3

The current chief of Judgement’s 177th Branch, you are the senpai to both Kuroko and Uiharu and preside over their work, making sure that they are safe as well as making sure they get their jobs done. In addition to this, you are also a Level 3 esper with the ability to utilize x-ray vision. Previously to becoming a Judgement member, you were a part of the Skill-out gang Big Spider. When you were younger, Big Spider was a place for level 0s to have a place to belong to in Academy City. However, when the current gang leader, Kurozuma Wataru, was assumed to have died, the gang devolved into a violent street gang under one of Wataru’s lieutenants. As a Judgement member, you quickly put a stop to the new rebellious Big Spider activities and arrested all of the new gang leaders.

From there, you’ve been actively working in pursuit of your studies and your Judgement work. However, for the past few days, the electrical generator to the 177th Branch has mysteriously stopped working, preventing Judgement members from doing their job. However, Uiharu has been able to set up a communication link between you, her, and Kuroko, so hopefully you can get down to the bottom of this and figure out who is responsible for dismantling Judgement’s operations.

Abilities:
Judgement (passive)
- You have a neighbor chat with the other members of Judgement, which include Shirai Kuroko (eevee) and Kazari Uiharu (lol). You may chat with each other at any time. Your alignments are unconfirmed to each other.
Clairvoyance (two-shot/night/active): Each Night, you may target another player. You will learn if that player activated an ability that Night.

Kiiruma

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Kiiruma! You are Kuriba Ryouko.

Role: Town Inventor
Height: 157 cm
Esper Power Level: 0

A scientific genius at a young age, you’ve assisted in studying the evolution of apes and applying those principles to medical purposes before moving to Academy City. When you were little, you got caught up in a building collapse, and the only reason you were able to survive was because of a lung transplant from your mother. Because of this, you’ve dedicated your fledgling academic career to researching cyborg technology, in order to help your comatose mother get a new body.

However, while you were in the process of throwing your young self into this research, your mother collapsed due to an infection from pulmonary edema. In order to help her, you would need more time in order to develop cybernetic replacements for all of her affected body parts. To do this, you agreed to participate in an experiment where your body would be split into two separate cyborgs, in order to gather data on every part of the body.

After doing this, you were able to obtain the desired cyborg schematics necessary to ensure your mother’s survival and eventual re-integration to society. However, as a side effect of splitting your body into two, you learned that the body you split apart with created its own soul and is now completely sentient. In order to research more about this soul diffusion theory, you were able to create Indian Poker cards, which allowed the students of Academy City to record and play back dreams inscribed on cards.

Hopefully by circulating the method to create Indian Poker cards among the general populace, it will eventually mutate into a solution to solve this soul diffusion dilemma. Until then, you will continue to dedicate your young life as a researcher to save your mother’s life - just as she did for you years ago.

Abilities:
Indian Poker (three-shot/day/active)
- Each Day, you may send another player an Indian Poker card. That player will receive the card at the start of Night. They will only know the name of the card and not know what it does. They may elect to idle for a Night in order to gain the card’s abilities. You only have one copy of each card.
Ability 1 - Maid’s Daily Life: Whenever another player targets you at Night and survives, their username will show us as blue in the OP at the beginning of the next Day.
Ability 2 - Pen Twirling Master: You have an extra vote. This extra vote will be disabled in xylo/lylo. (Misexecute or lose)
Ability 3 - My Exchange Diary: You gain the ability to write a last will of any length that will be posted in the thread when you die.

ATNoName

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Helz! You are Mugino Shizuri.

Role: Town Regretful Vigilante
Height: 172 cm

The fourth-ranked level 5 esper, you are the leader of ITEM (a group affiliated with the dark side of the city) and one of the most destructive espers in the city. Your esper power, Meltdowner, allows you to forcibly control electrons to generate lethal laser beams, which can easily disintegrate anything in your path.

While you are a more than capable fighter on your lonesome, you being partnered with another member of ITEM, Takitsubo Rikou, allows your ability to reach even further heights and would potentially even exceed the powers of the the third, second, and possibly even the first-ranked. Rikou’s esper ability, AIM Stalker, allow her to track down other esper’s naturally emitting AIM fields. This ability, coupled with the nearly-unlimited range of your Meltdowner, allows the both of you to track down your target and smite them with a single blast.

In a fit of rage, you’ve cut the body of your former teammate, Frenda, in half with Meltdowner, as punishment for leaking ITEM’s location and ability knowledge to SCHOOL. Now, it is time for Dark Matter and SCHOOL to get wiped off the face of the earth.

Abilities:
Meltdowner (active/night)
- Each Night, you may target another player and kill them. If you kill a mafia-aligned player, you will lose this ability.

WindwardAway

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, WindwardAway! You are Kinuhata Saiai.

Role: Town X-Shot Untargetable
Height: 148 cm

You’re a 12-year old girl who was part of the Dark May Project when you were younger. The Dark May Project was an inhumane experiment where child espers had their minds altered by forcibly inserting some of the first-ranked, Accelerator’s, thought processes into their brains. This would grant access to specific parts of Accelerator’s abilities at the cost of mental stability. Due to the Dark May Project, your esper ranking was boosted to Level 4, although you were forced to adopt a verbal tic where you have to say “super” in nearly all of your sentences.

At the moment, now, however, you’re part of the mercenary group known as ITEM. Your esper power is Offense Armor, which allows you to create an extremely thin nitrogen barrier around you which allows bullets or any other penetrative object to simply fly right past you. This allows you to become a very dangerous combatant, as most enemy’s forms of attack against you are ineffective. You can easily turn the corners on them with your handheld missiles. At the moment, your leader, Mugino, has ran off in pursue of the second-ranked, Dark Matter. What will you do?

Abilities:
Offense Armor (one-shot/night/passive):
The first time a player attempts to target you this game during the Night, that ability is prevented and you will lose a shot of “Offense Armor”. You will learn when this happens.
Super! (one-shot/day & night/passive): When Day or Night begins, if there are 8 or fewer players alive, you will gain an additional shot of Offense Armor and lose this ability.

TheLukundo

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, TheLukundo! You are Leader / Iizumi Rita.

Role: Town Point Stalker
Height: 135 cm

You are the leader of Scavenger, a low-ranking Dark Side organization which consists of three girls and one boy. Your organization was first contracted to defeat “Disciplinary Action”, a rogue group within Anti-Skill, Academy City’s police force. However, your group failed in its mission due to the sudden appearance of Accelerator, Academy City’s most powerful esper. You don’t really remember what happened that day because you fainted soon after he severely injured your teammates.

However, your team managed to restore their rank by recovering a robotic cyborg codenamed “The Doppleganger” with the assistance of the third-ranked esper in Academy City, Misaka Mikoto. You don’t know why your group has such bad luck repeatedly encountering these level 5 espers, but you were able to successfully convince Mikoto that you were part of Judgement in order to rely on her to help your group complete the mission.

Now that you rank is restored, your group can now get paid for missions sent out from the higher-ups. You just hope that Scavenger won’t run into another level 5 esper again…

Abilities:
Scavenger (passive)
- Whenever a player dies, you gain 1 point.
Predator (active/night): Each Night, you may target a player. You will learn if that player has been targeted by anyone else other than you. Once you have received your night action result, you may then spend points to learn more information. You may spend points and receive a result as long as you have yet to post in the game thread during the following Day.
Track (3 points) - In addition, you will learn the names of all players who that player targeted.
Watch (4 points) - In addition, you will learn the names of all players who targeted that player.
Stalk (5 points) - You will learn the results of both tracking and watching.

EliThePsycho

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, EliThePsycho! You are The Doppleganger.

Role: Town Arsonist Bodyguard
Height: 157 cm
Esper Power Level: N/A

Created from a split of Kuriba Ryouko’s original personality, you are an autonomous cyborg who is said to develop her own original soul in the process of becoming autonomous. You were able to escape from the laboratory from which you were created from and cause massive damage to Academy City by absorbing the material of everything you touch. The level 5 esper Misaka Mikoto eventually confronted you and in order to match her power, you needed to create a large rubble puppet to fend off against her iron sand puppet. Misaka Mikoto was eventually able to overpower and defeat you, however, and your mechanical soul and body were eventually used to save Kuriba Ryouko’s life.

…Or so you thought. For some reason, you woke up in an abandoned section of the city, without knowledge of Kuriba Ryouko’s latest memories and separated from her. It seems like you have access to your absorption abilities, but you were happy to be laid to rest after your climatic battle with the third-ranked esper. Why have you been given consciousness and your own body yet again?

Abilities:
Soul Possession (night/active)
- Each Night, you may target another player and put a soul counter on them.
Cyborg (night/active) - Each Night, you may activate this ability. You will bodyguard all players with soul counters on them - if any of those players would die, you die instead. You may not activate this ability at the same time you activate “Soul Possession”.

Atlas

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Atlas! You are Kiyama Harumi.

Role: Mafia Emoji Jack of all Trades
Height: 173 cm
Esper Power Level: 0

You were a researcher in Academy City’s Advanced Education Department, and was part of a research team that tried to investigate how espers could unknowingly increase their level power when they lost their sense of self-control. During this time, you were assigned as a teacher for the Child Errors (orphans) in the education department, since you possessed a teaching license. You soon developed a close bond with these children and became fiercely protective of them. However, these children soon all fell into a coma after the lead of your research team, Kihara Gensei, prioritized gathering data over the orphan’s well-being. You quickly resigned after that incident.

In the years since, you spent time researching and developing Level Upper - an audio file that when played, increased an esper’s level and allowed you to “borrow” their esper power, despite not being an esper yourself. You first tested this power against Misaka Mikoto, but was unfortunately defeated. You were then arrested, but soon released under the direction of Heaven Canceller, Academy City’s greatest doctor. He gave you a chance to revive those students, and, along Mikoto and her friends’s help, took down Therestina Kihara Lifeline (the granddaughter of Kihara Gensei) and you were able to meet up with your students yet again.

…Until today, that is. The Academy City’s board of directors, along with the leader of Academy City (Aleister Crowley), have taken away the Child Errors from you and hired you in order to quell the unrest within Academy City’s Dark Side. You, along with a select number of other individuals, have been given license to use any means possible in order to calm down the city while the city begins to get involved in international affairs. You were also given access to your Level Upper program again. It seems like they value your ability to “borrow” esper powers using your research. You’ll just need to find a way to distribute these audio files across the city…

Factional Abilities:
Mafioso: You are a member of the Mafia, which consists of:

Atlas (Kiyama Harumi)
Whysper (Shokuhou Misaki)
Isolde (Misaka Mikoto)
Gorta (Yakamaru Itsuki)

Falseclaims: The mafia team knows that Yumiya Rakko and Kouzaku Mitori are not in the game.
Factional Kill (active/night): Each Night, the Mafia may send one of its players to kill another player.

Abilities:
Level Upper (passive) - You start off with one ability (Second Sight). You can gain additional abilities based on how many players use a specific emoji in the thread.

Before the game begins, select two emojis to be Emoji A and Emoji B. The more popular your emoji is, the stronger you will become.

Second Sight (active/night) - You may target another player. You will learn what that player’s flavor name is.
Psychometry (active/night) (unlocked when at least three players other than you have used Emoji A in at least one of their posts) - You may compose a message of any length and send it to another player, who will receive it in the morning.
Ice Beam (active/night) (unlocked when at least seven players other than you have used Emoji B in at least one of their posts) - You may target another player. If that player would target a member of the mafia tonight, instead their ability will fail.

Win Condition: You win when your team controls the execution, or when such control is inevitable.

Please confirm by replying to this PM, telling me the names of your fellow mafia members, and telling me which emojis you want to set as Emoji A and B. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Whysper

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Whysper! You are Shokuhou Misaki.

Role: Mafia Mind Controller
Height: 168 cm

Known as the “Queen of Tokiwadai”, you are the fifth-ranked Level 5 esper and one of the two Level 5s in Tokiwadai Middle School. Despite being the fifth-ranked, you have one of the most powerful and deadly esper abilities known to man - the ability to control minds. Your esper power, formally titled “Mental Out” allows you to read other people’s memories, implant or selectively remove memories, or just full-on brainwash someone. You’ve managed to develop your abilities to such an extent where you can give simple commands to more than 100 people, especially if you harness the power of the Exterior Project to do so.

Despite having one of the most powerful abilities in Academy City, your ability does have some limitations. You cannot control animals or anything that is non-human, and you are not a trained combatant whatsoever. In addition, you are fairly responsible with your use of your ability. You only brainwash people if you need to advance a certain goal of yours, and you operate under a moral code of “always taking good care of those who you control”.

Today, however, it seems like you will be forced to work under Academy City’s cronies. An angel by the name of Aiwass reached out to you and stated that he has taken control over Dolly and hired you in order for you to quell the unrest within Academy City, using your powers to control minds. Even though you hate working for others, your mind control powers won’t work on this angel, and you have the sense that this person has access to powers that far exceed yours. Besides, disposing of annoyances to the city is beneficial to you anyways. It looks like it’s time to get to work.

Factional Abilities:

Atlas (Kiyama Harumi)
Isolde (Misaka Mikoto)
Gorta (Yakamaru Itsuki)

Falseclaims: The mafia team knows that Yumiya Rakko and Kouzaku Mitori are not in the game.
Factional Kill (active/night): Each Night, the Mafia may send one of its players to kill another player.

Abilities:
Mental Out (one-shot/day/active)
- During the Day, you may PM me the name of another player. When Night begins, you will learn that player’s role PM, and you can select that player’s night actions for them tonight.
Exterior Project (passive) - Once two members of the mafia have died, you will gain an additional shot of Mental Out.

Win Condition: You win when your team controls the execution, or when such control is inevitable.

Please confirm by replying to this PM and telling me the names of your fellow mafia members. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Isolde

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Isolde! You are Misaka Mikoto.

Role: Mafia Informed Jailor
Height: 161 cm

You are the third-ranked Level 5 Electromaster esper and known to most people only by your nickname, “Railgun”. This is due to your signature move of firing a metal projectile three times the speed of sound. Even though manipulating electricity is a common esper power, you have risen to the top because you are the undisputed master over controlling electricity. Over the years, you’ve used your electric powers in a variety of different ways, such as attracting and repelling magnetic materials, creating a giant iron sand puppet, and hacking electronic devices.

Due to your prodigious talent of working through the Academy City level system (going from Level 1 to Level 5 within a couple of years), you were selected as the model for the Sisters Project, which was an experiment designed to clone you for military use. The researchers lied to you when you were younger and said that your DNA sample would be used to help people who would suffer from muscular entropy, but instead, Academy City mass-produced more than 20,000 clones of you in order to assist Accelerator in becoming the first Level 6 esper. Tree Diagram, the most powerful super-computer in the world, predicted that Accelerator had to kill more than 10,000 clones of you in order to become Level 6. He was well on his way of accomplishing that before he lost to a Level 0, which caused the experiment to be halted. The Sisters are now being trained to eventually live in normal society.

You are best friends with Kuroko, Uiharu, and Saten, and you often try to hang out together whenever possible. Because of your high status, most of Tokiwadai’s students often do not socialize with you, so you really value their friendship. Previously, the other Level 5 esper of Tokiwadai, Shokuhou Misaki, was also an archnemesis of yours, but after working together on some missions you both have loosened up around each other and are willing to help each other out in rare occasions.

You’ve been sensing some unrest in Academy City for a while now, but Aleister Crowley, the leader of Academy City, contacting you only confirms your suspicions. He stated that he has gained control of the Sisters, and that unless you assisted in rooting out the more unsavory parts of Academy City, you would never see the Sisters again. Normally, you’d try and defeat Aleister yourself, but you sense that he somehow possesses powers and abilities greater than what you have. As a result, you were forced to grit your teeth and accept the mission.

Factional Abilities:

Atlas (Kiyama Harumi)
Isolde (Misaka Mikoto)
Gorta (Yakamaru Itsuki)

Abilities:
Electromagnetism (active/night) - Each Night, you may target another player. That player will be jailed (roleblocked and protected from nightkills).
Radar Sense (two-shot/active/night) - Twice per game, when you target a player with Electromagnetism, you may choose to activate this ability. If your Electromagnetism ability successfully jails a player, you will learn who that player originally intended to target, if they attempted to use an active ability that Night.

Please confirm by replying to this PM and telling me the names of your fellow mafia members. As always, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Gorta

Welcome to A Certain Scientific Railgun Mafia, Gorta! You are Yakamaru Itsuki.

Role: Mafia Clown
Height: 138 cm

You are a member of Scavenger, a mercenary corps working for the Dark Side of Academy City which consists of three girls and one boy. Next to Leader, you are often one of the more resourceful and cunning members of the group, as you were able to help Leader fool Misaka Mikoto during the incident with the Doppleganger as well as put on a fake act to make Skill-Out members evacuate the area where Mikoto and the Doppleganger were fighting.

Your esper ability is called “Mix Master”, where you can use a variety of special chemicals in order to produce special effects in battle. You can fire projectiles that can either freeze the opponent or severely burn them, among other things.

A senior member of the Academy City’s board of directors reached out to you and asked if you would like to make some more money by working with a select group of individuals to calm the commotion in Academy City. You said yes, easily enough. Surely they’ve recognized your innate potential after all?

Factional Abilities:

Atlas (Kiyama Harumi)
Isolde (Misaka Mikoto)
Gorta (Yakamaru Itsuki)

Abilities:
Mix Master (active/night) - Each Night, you may target another player and choose a color. You will coat them in that color, making their username appear in that color in all subsequent vote counts the next Day. The paint will wear off at the beginning of the next Night.

2 Likes

I’m in a ton of pain.
I f’ing knew Isolde had to be evil.
And then I went for ATNo

2 Likes

Night Actions:

Pregame Actions:
Atlas has selected :slight_smile: as emoji A and :wowee: as emoji B
112 has selected zone_Q11 as the bookie target
hippo has selected arctic to be his mason-buddy

Day 1:
Atlas has unlocked the use of his ability Psychometry because three people have used the :slightly_smiling_face: emoji.
(day ability) Kiiruma has selected Helz to be the recipient of the Maid’s Daily Life card.
(day ability) Whysper has selected Zone to be mind-controlled.

Night 1:
Zone_Q11 uses Aero Hand on WindwardAway. Was redirected to lol instead because of Whysper.
Eli puts a soul counter on Helz.
Helz idles and will gain the use of Maid’s Daily Life.
eevee: does not submit
nightingale: selects Isolde as bookie target

Atlas: sends a message to JakeTheWolfie (succeeds)
Whysper: redirects Zone’s Aero Hand target to lol (succeeds)
Isolde: jails Helz (succeeds)
Gorta: kills lol (succeeds)

Day 2:
(day ability) Kiiruma has selected WindwardAway to be the recipient of the My Exchange Diary card.

Night 2:
eli: no-actions (dies)
Zone: aero hands atlas (succeeds)
night: predicts Whysper (succeeds)
Jake: no-actions
Helz: vigs eli (succeeds)
Windwardaway: offense armor will be depleted

atlas: flavor cops nightingale (succeeds, will learn Miyami Shaei)
whysper: kills WindwardAway (fails)
isolde: jails zone (succeeds, won’t do anything)
gorta: colors zone red (succeeds)

Day 3:
(day ability) Kiiruma has selected Isolde to be the recipient of the Pen Twirling Master card.

Night 3:
zone: aero hands bradland (succeeds)
night: cops hippo (succeeds, will learn town)
wazza: reports windward (succeeds, will learn no-action)
helz: no-actions

atlas: kills windward (succeeds)
isolde: no-actions, will gain the pen twirling master
gorta: paints isolde red (succeeds)

Night 4:
zone: no-actions
atnoname: no-actions

atlas: kills hippo (succeeds)
isolde: jails nightingale (succeeds)
gorta: paints zone green (succeeds)

1 Like

i gutread him wolf early but i saw him do something which he only does as town (complaining about villagers throwing)

1 Like

@Atlas
@Isolde

well fucking played tbh

game is pain though

3 Likes