Announcement Regarding Toxicity

Postgames are still subject to the same rules as the rest of the site, and it being really funny is not considered a defense (although obviously in some circumstances there may be a difference between “a blatant joke” and “the same statement, said not as a joke”)

I would need a more specific example

If they were sufficiently egregious that could happen (mods intervening to tell a player to knock it off is pretty routine)

Both are considered, but even if you think what you said was pretty minor, if the other player is upset, you should take that into consideration

It depends on what you say

accusing someone of lying to you is obviously fine, being toxic about it is not fine

stating that another player is lying and this is not going to cause you to stop pushing them is fine

There are a bunch of examples in the post, did you have a more specific question

Alison has never played on FoL afaik so I’m not sure what this is asking

We’re not going to retroactively go back and punish people for things that didn’t break the rules when they happened but we will take past behavior into account going forward

deliberately hitting pressure points to try to provoke people into being toxic

this is a PG-13 forum

bringing up the ignore feature and stating that you are using it is usually angleshooting

if you think a mod is abusing their authority you can report them, accusing another player in-game of a rulebreak should basically always happen privately rather than publicly

imo this will often be an ATE rule violation but not a toxicity violation

in general many types of ATE are more a cultural issue than any given individual instance

This should be against the rules of mafia. You shouldnt be capable of “ignoring”players during an ongoing mafia game for one, and you definitely should not be allowed to claim it.
Same for reports or flags.

Oh shit!

Maybe I should delate some stuff…:

1 Like

Agreed.
Each player contributes to the game and is apart of it equally.
If you take a part away from the game (player ignoring player) the game becomes essentially ruined or at the very least broken down.

If you have issues with the player just take a while away from them but make sure to come back to them later because you shouldn’t ignore a viable part of the game. (A Player).

Also i hope these rules extend to mafia dead and spec chats.

So your saying wolf chat as well?

I mean I guess it should be a global rule.

katze is one of the stupidest players I’ve ever seen. Literally every time I play with them they make some sort of dumb read that no one understands and get upset at people for not listening. I wish she would just quit the site.

1 Like

i love how half of the bad examples sound like leafia wrote them

2 Likes

Oh that’s it! How dare you disrespect my kitty cat!

How dare you disrespect my Pokémon!

i think this is worse than actually insulting me

2 Likes

What if the person wants you to treat them very rudely

Oh damn I’m sorry!

good choice

if the “toxicity” is mutual then it’s likely gonna be less bad

but obviously like, if me and badworduser69 called eachother very bad words behind closed doors for fun we’d probably still get in trouble using those words in a game even if me and badworduser69 wouldn’t be mad at eachother for it

1 Like

seeing katze being a mod is scary

how do you think i feel

1 Like

Happy

It shouldnt be allowed regardless. Cause other players do not know that and will take it at face vslue and get toxic too, it create a ripple effect of toxicity