Baldur's Gate 3 UPick - Signups (FULL - GAME STARTING SOON)

Welcome to…

Baldur’s Gate 3 UPick

Hosted by @ElizaThePsycho and @Daeron

Rules

• Global Site Rules
  • Do not post in languages other than English, edit/delete posts, like posts while dead/during night, utilize shared/hydra accounts, utilize multiple accounts, use polling/wiki features, attempt to mimic host messages, post fake quotes of other players, or spam/slank excessively.
  • Do not cheat. Announcing intention to cheat, yet not acting upon it, will still confer punishment.
    • Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are permitted to play terribly, but doing so with the intention to troll will confer punishment.
    • Do not discuss host decisions or replacements in the game thread, especially to gain an in-game advantage.
    • Do not employ out of game information in order to get an in-game advantage. This rule will be enforced loosely with the exception of alignment indicative information, which should instead be made known to the host and will be handled appropriately.
      Try not to enable other players to do this either. You can help by not talking about the game outside the game thread.
    • Do not attempt to weaponize the host.
    • Do not announce intent to replace out, or make posts that could easily be interpreted in that manner.
    • Do not strategically replace out.
    • Do not attempt to abuse loopholes in the rules in order to accomplish any of the above. If you are not sure if something is legal or not, communicate such to the host in your PM.

Gameplay

• The uninformed majority is the Party. The informed minority is the Absolutists. There may or may not be third parties.
  • There will be alternative rolecards that contain only mechanical information to prevent spoilers. Please use the spoil function to spoil most spoilers.
Example Rolecards (none of these will appear in the game)

Party Vanilla

You have no weapons but your voice and your vote.

You win when all Absolutists are dead and at least 1 Party member remains alive.

Absolutist Thrall

You have no weapons but your voice, your vote, and the factional kill.

You win when the Absolute has parity with the Party.

• Days are 48 hours long (unless ended early by majority), nights are 24.
  • The Absolutists will communicate through a special discord server or forum PM.
  • Factional actions may be performed alongside other actions.
  • Executions are majority and plurality. Ties result in a random execution among the tied players.
  • The following will be decided when the setup is actually designed:
    • When is action deadline?
    • Are voted locked in XyLo?
    • Is no-execution a valid vote?

UPick Mechanics

• When signing up, please submit up to two Baldur’s Gate 3 characters. You may find a list of every character in the game here. Characters not listed are not eligible. Characters found only after mid-Act 2 (before the Gauntlet of Shar) are not eligible.
  • You should also submit a class for your character to be. You will probably mostly be picking 5e classes from the game, but you can also choose classes like Artificer or Blood Hunter (or even 3.5e classes if you really fucking want to). These will impact your role design, but not as much as your character.
    • Characters that inherently have no class (e.g. generic goblin A) may not select a class. You may still select a class even if your character doesn’t have one, but if it inherently doesn’t have one, don’t select a class.
    • Class selection is optional anyways.
  • The setup has not yet been designed. Upon filling, it will take some time to design the setup. Every player will receive a character according to their choices, prioritizing the first listed.
  • There may be duplicate characters. In this case, I will use the mtg doctrine; that is, I will add some kind of descriptor to the end of the name and call it different. They will probably be different mechanically.
  • Your alignment will be completely random, but will be decided before designing your role. If there is a 3p, it will be randed to a player, but the win condition will not be set at this point and will be designed along with your role.

Playerlist

1. Someone
  2. Jarek
  3. Frostwolf103
  4. catbae
  5. Leafia
  6. bystander
  7. Arctic
  8. Thunderstorm
  9. Kiiruma
  10. May
  11. Eskcanta
  12. Zone
  13. Bionic

Backups

1. Luka
  2. Chloe

Specs

1. Silviu200530
  2. Delta
  3. Atlas
  4. Magnus
  5. Amelia

This game is a UPICK. Remember that it will take a bit to design, even after filling.

Also please remember to send in your choices asap

1 Like

/join

Another game I know stuff about, this is hype

1 Like

fuck

in my defense i wasnt expecting it to open so soon

1 Like

yeah sure

…that link is completely incomplete
one second

1 Like

i think whoever created this kinda sucks at spoiling things that mean things but

articles on bg3 about characters

Companions - Baldur's Gate 3 Wiki

Camp followers - Baldur's Gate 3 Wiki

1 Like

…do you want misc enemies too

dont really care

i just don’t want people to pick Generic Goblin A

as funny as it is

nuuuu

what about like that one rock

the big rock

dm me who ur thinking of