BOTC/BOTF Discussion Thread 2

Alignment switch and mindfuckery.
Potentially uncontrollable death every day.
1-Shot Good execution.
Character change chain.
False starting information.
Malfunction due to death.
Extra unstoppable kill for every dead Outsider.

As a player. I canā€™t even start imagining how to balance anything as a ST.

Yeah uh snake charmer is kinda terrifying to be. Itā€™s why I say itā€™s an advanced character in an intermediate script.

Gossip is meant to use their extra deaths to prove whether or not their statement is false. Donā€™t worry too much about the collateral
Virgin makes a conftown. Itā€™s essentially an IC with a drawback and not too much more?
Farmer ends up making a confirmation chain if it fires. If you get turned into one you can revel in your newfound trust :wowee:
Drunk can just be treated as a permanently poisoned player. Pinpointing who they are can let ya reverse engineer their info.
Sweetheart is same thing, except they can warn you that that exists.
Godfather specifically needs Outsiders executed. Not always an easy task, yes

Except I do.

IC until Mez attempts to guess Damsel.

Meanwhile, BotF XVII Drunk: *wins if they had been Politician instead*

BoTC is a game heavily based on information, rather than lives
thats why thereā€™s kso much dead interaction
this dead interaction allows parity to not be the end of the game

the information that ā€œx player is evilā€ is worth a player dying in botc, even when it might not be in mafia. thatā€™s just how the game is balanced around. You only need one execution to end the game at almost all times, so a death of losing half an execution is definitely worth the information that would save you a full non-demon execution

1 Like

bmr to snv therapy

1 Like

whatā€™s dimensional pit hag

pit hag but they can reach into other dimensions (scripts)

lol

Iā€™m assuming you can be executed.

I donā€™t know why, but I donā€™t really like the Farmer. I understand its use, I agree with the drawback of losing your ability, but thereā€™s something about it that doesnā€™t really appeal to me like other characters do.
I like Snake Charmer and Godfather.

farmerā€™s in there over sage and ravenkeeper because it has a somewhat interesting interaction with pit hag
it just feels like it canā€¦ do more than the other two while filling the same role
i just dont see that much of a reason to put in sage/rk, especially in an al-had script where they have to choose 3 per night

For an al-had script, going with Farmer is fair enough.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how to feel about a Mezepheles and a Politician and a Cult Leader and a Pit Hag.

I suppose this works.

i think poli is arguably better with Sol so they have a job to do before just playing for evil

i also like how the mez can lock the cult leader good at their own prerogative
its just
they all bounce off each other in ways i think are fun with an Sol
although putting all 3 in might be a bit rough

Evil potentially has five voters in an Al-had game.

in a 10-12p
only if they trick the poli into playing for evil when they cant flip

if thereā€™s already an extra evil Sol stops polis from flipping

its the same with a marionette play
they have to believe that theyll actually win with evil in order to participate in a make or break rise up vote

incredibly idiotic script idea
house rule: more than one alchemist can be in play

2 Likes