BotF XVII: U-Pick Your Poison - Signups (13/7-19)

It defeats the point of having everyone select what they like to play the most, is why

the fact we’d have to do something about pit hag to make it playable kinda proves the point that it doesn’t fit in the upick

same with engineer, you roll evil you selected your favourite character oh no you’re the baron lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh yeah i know engi sucks lol
im just salty bc if i got pit hag id play in a way that wouldn’t be unfun in that way

1 Like

Fair

1 Like

Like, would there be any way to play Pit Hag in a Upick that wouldn’t immediately defeat the purpose of said Upick?
I suppose if you modified it to be changing the character type instead of a specific character, that could work.

(Jake is the Pit Hag. They change Magnus into a Minion. Magnus chose Assassin and Scarlet Woman for their minion slots, and the storyteller changes Magnus into the Assassin.)

(Jake is the Pit Hag. They Magnus into a Demon. Magnus is already an Imp Demon, and chose Imp and Vortox for their Demon slots. The storyteller changes Magnus into the Vortox.)

1 Like

consent with other evil players
being more than one role can be more fun than being just one

Actually, this would be sick, pls add @Magnus

Jarek’s a host as well, don’t just ping me.

im interested so ping me before signups close
im just not sure i can carve out time atm

That’d horribly break the game given your selected minion(s) might not end up listed on the script at the end so a suprise scarlet woman would prooooooobably upset people

2 Likes

You probably have a few days until signups close at the bare minimum, and probably at least until the weekend.

Wait, you’re only listing the characters that you actually use?

No, the plan is that we get everyones characters that they’ve selected and make a rand out of it, whatever the rand ends up being we’ll make a script that works with what we got out of it

what if the rand gives you zombuul mm sw

If some rands end up being nefariously trash and/or unfun for either evil or Good (Example being 2 scarlet women or something like that) then that’s what the drunk lunatic and marionette exist for.

If there’s a rand that looks exceptionally unfun then we might end up turning you into a marionette if you’re a minion (and in this case we’d give you the town token you asked for to keep up appearances). Same with the drunk and lunatic

And some room for error to decrease (but not necessarily negate, it’s U-Pick after all) the chance for duplicate characters.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAREK

3 Likes

pog

2 Likes

We’ll respect the rand as much as possible of course. It’s not likely we’ll need to do anything outside of potentially making you a drunk or a marionette :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Concept: Most players choose Legion as their demon

Atheist is allowed

Oh no

1 Like