BOTF XVIII: Hurdy-Gurdy Fanfare - Signups (8/19)

/in Seat 7 @Monke

At first I read pinging the account as sending a PM to the accout to in into the game.

1 Like

Good to see you here.

I will protect leafia with my scape goaty life this game
unless they are of opposite alignment
then screw them

1 Like

Good to be here too.

Iā€™ll forcerand you to be Leafiaā€™s alignment, donā€™t worry.
Legal disclaimer: Iā€™m not supposed to say that. Disregard, this message will now self-destruct.

3 Likes

What message

2 Likes

Good question. I donā€™t see any message.

1 Like

Here I quote the entirety of that post.

2 Likes

yeah i
dont think very many people like this script

itā€™s fine with the right characters
but not very interesting to play and those characters are a hit and miss for most

Thatā€™s a shame. This script is specifically meant to show off the Organ Grinder for FOL play, hence the Monke themeā€¦ unless it isnā€™t in-play, which would be kinda hilarious.

mhm
but theres just a lot of weird combos and things and the town is pretty easy to find based off roles
and for town to play the setup for over 300 hours it needs to be indepth more

I disagree that Vortox + OG is a problem. It wasnā€™t my favourite choice of Demon, but it fixes the issue of votes being underwhelming or overwhelming by encouraging people to vote on at least someone during the day, whether itā€™s in play or not.
Iā€™ll justify Courtier + Organ Grinder in that they canā€™t be fully confirmed (OG couldā€™ve died and evil is bluffing, Imp couldā€™ve starpassed, there might not even be one at all), and in order for a visible effect theyā€™d still need to see if the OG activates D1. This is acceptable.
Gambler and Gossip arenā€™t technically confirmable either, with Legionā€™s multiple kills, and the latter can mess up the former. Even if dead players are probably good, which can be backed up by the Oracle, itā€™s not absolutely certain.

vortox with something that hides your votes is eh

but especially on this forum it doesnt work, and its most likely just going to end with evil winning early in the game if town isnt super coordinated, which they arent

thereā€™s ways to figure this out, with the roles alive
especially when the noms end being a rather major clue

this relies on legion of all things
which in an organ grinder game wouldnt work

i think each interaction is individually passable
but holistically it feels like its held together with string

ā€œHello everyone, I am voting for these people.ā€ Coordinating votes should be far easier for Town in a longform game, imo. Thatā€™s just my impression, though.
Being able to mess with votes is to Evilā€™s advantage, but good players donā€™t have much of a reason to lie about this.

ā€œThis person claims Courtier drunking the OGā€¦ and the votes being shown is an observable effect that has occurred. The Courtier is either real, or lying and the OG is dead, or at least an evil is dead in practice, so they arenā€™t really confirmed at all.ā€
Real or opportunistic. And even if their ability is proven and lasts for three cycles, you might be hurting Town in the long run by hiding the Organ Grinderā€™s identity.

It couldā€™ve been worse. The script was going to include an Engineer before it was scrapped.

it just doesnt work on here

thereā€™s ways to figure it out by narrowing it down

Why doesnā€™t it work here?

Is this a bad thing?

when it has to be very specific interactions to happen
various things can cross it out and thus confirm the courtier

thats fair
i just dont see much compelling interactions to balance it out personally

although its very possible that i just dont see much compelling about the organ grinder a sa whole so that could be it