[BUG] Site Invitation

i’m not a programmer but my guess is that the way the global invite works is like
you know the share button at the bottom of every topic? you can invite folks to that topic, even if it’s a private topic (i.e: dm)
i bet you the invite that just invites you generically to the site just does it but lists the topic invited to as “All topics” forgetting to differentiate between private and public topics

:skull:

Thanks for finding this Magnus

This should go without saying but everyone else, please refrain from trying this yourself. We can see who’s in private messages, there’s no way to replicate this glitch sneakily.

It doesnt add them to new private dms, only every single old one :+1:

Testing with YBW has confirmed the glitch won’t persist into new messages, can confirm.

It’s still a devastating glitch, though.

I’m just doing my part as a good samaritan. :blobby:

1 Like

having friends breaks the site

this has potentially gone undiscovered for years

(i disabled the invite feature entirely for now, ty for letting us know)

12 Likes

Invites have been disabled while the problem exists. We’ll update this thread if that changes.

In the future if you find any site breaking bugs that could be abused, please exercise some common sense and direct message the moderators before making a public general thread. Thank you.

2 Likes

I assumed most people would be confused if two players were suddenly in every rolecard at once without explanation, and I was already asking about it in Nerdcord. Hence why I made a public thread first and foremost.

2 Likes

With that said, should I just make a new account and let this one be deleted, or is it probably fine?

1 Like

Why are likes disabled on this thread

I like this very much

9 Likes

Talking about it now but this is probably what will end up happening. If we do go down this route, you’d be able to keep the name Magnus and such. Don’t do anything yet.

2 Likes

manual like

Happier?

3 Likes

theres an invite feature?

1 Like

not anymore

More like was now

I’m curious to know how long this bug has existed.

1 Like

there(wa)s an invite feature?

3 Likes