Chair of Deception 2 - Game Thread - GAME OVER - UNSHACKLED AND TRICKSTER WIN

Of all the claims I expected to hear woodsman is the one I trust the least even if it makes sense as a claim I’m gonna be honest

1 Like

these posts really stick out to me if we are being honest
(1) that’s basically the only time Leafia mentions Yami and basically clears Yami a few posts later, which depending on Yami’s posts I’ll revise or scrutinize Leafia
(2) I’m sure I commented on the cult stuff before the thing about the unshackled stuff AND I mentioned unshackled was easier to take down, which in no way means it has to be this or that. So, the question is does Leafia make a post like that as town.
(3) looks bad because it looks like an attempt to capitalize on the lack of a kill

I’m questoning the usefulness of the woodsman claim now that it’s outed. Why not claim something as bait at the very least? Why just woodsman? I don’t know, I think I’m too caught up on thinking I have a mechanically good reason to push on this, and I might not.

Has anyone else got thoughts on Yami that might sway my opinion the other way? thoughts on other players? People have been scumreading Magnus as usual but I don’t see the reasoning, I just see the reasoning being “they’re paired with X who is scummy” and I just don’t get that. Evils aren’t going to be that obvious this early, right?

I still have to review Yami

Leafia has done it before in games, but not usually when it’s just a 2 person wolfteam from what I recall.
In a game with more wolves Leafia can buddy up to people quite a lot and does also do the same for scum teammates.

One guaranteed non-evil and evil slots, there is also possibility of third neut slot

The claim itself isn’t the most helpful and I think the slot overall hasn’t exactly defended itself in the best of ways. But the fact that the evidence against Yami is about the same as the evidence against Magnus and yet one of them is being pushed… far more than the other is making me concerned that we’re not currently going to get a hit in.

I have yet to decide fully about allies because I’ve wanted to see how the day goes. Plus my notifications are getting blown up by being pinged 4 times in the FoL awards thread

VOTE: Magnus

Gonna consolidate the wagon a bit.
I’m also not a fan of how we’re letting Pigeon get away with this but c’est la vie, not much we can do about it.
Only 1 may die for now.

1 Like

So if magnus is evil why isn’t magnus jumping on the yami push with me to get themselves to safety? They have reasonable cause to do so via mechanics and if they get flipped and are evil then their supposed teammate is doomed. I don’t see why they’d be so obvious and defend eachother like this.

Like maybe if this was mid-way through and then we pushed an evil they’d do it because they could live long enough for that to not matter; but this is literally the start of the game - and if the converter dies early they get another one anyway. They have no reason to pile on the defense here.

You can flip them if you like but if I see blue I’ll be dissapointed

interesting, It’s weird because Leafia defends yami once d1 then ignores Yami entirely

Leafia in games goes very kindly aunt as I call it sometimes.

Being all nice and sweet, checking in on her nice ‘dear grandchild’, protecting them and just trying not to stir the water.

Issue is Leafia has done this as both alignments… plenty of times. And yet to me it still stands out in my head as a scumtell because it initially was that before Leafia did it in town games too

So my thought process on yami is currently; if they’re the huntsman or whatever, they pushed me and magnus as a pairing yesterday, right. So they must have thought we were evil or were trying to appear like they had suspicion on a pairing - so it looks like they were trying to bait in a kill potentially. But they claimed they didn’t use a bear last night, so were they just planning to bait and then die?

Or are they just lying about not using a bear lol. Hmm.

I don’t remember but weren’t there plenty of people confirming Magnus via mechanics? But Ranta had some sort of red check on them? (correct me if I’m wrong)

1 Like

Like on one hand I can see the whole “solving” me and magnus to be a very bait-y thing to do - however the fact they claimed not to actually use their self-protect ability makes me suspicious it’s something else.

Maybe it’s the Neutral Evil that wanted to get attacked to be invited to the scumchat.

Hm…

In which case the fact a lot of people are voting them implies that they haven’t been invited to the scumchat and therefore weren’t attacked.

He had some mechanic ye

But so far he hasn’t revealed anything

@Ranta please show your evidence if you intend to paint Magnus as wolf

Okay

Interesting news, I’ve been bled