+1
the masons didn’t realize they would die if guessed; I think they would have played safer if they had known
sorry is uck omg
The setup is objectively mathematically townsided and we’ve been looking for ways to fix it all spec LOL we made only the mason change this time b/c we didn’t want to change too much at once
In addition, I think Combi tests different skills than a classic-format game but I think this is a good thing. I’ve never played the setup, only hosted it, so preface for that, and also I’m just idly talking about the setup and not arguing that you should like it, it’s definitely incompatible with your usual wolfing routine
Standard FM has the prohibitive oppressive mechanic of “why aren’t you dead”. If you are too towny you will get “why aren’t you dead”; if your reputation is too good you will get “why aren’t you dead”. Whole subsets of Good Wolfplay (i.e. fooling everybody) are horribly punished b/c of this, I like that it doesn’t have this issue
I don’t think “townsiding for cred” is universally impossible in Combi, I think this was prohibited in this game by the consensus being really powerful (which was in turn caused by the masons pushing a ton of agenda, which eventually largely outed them) but it can be advantageous. Bussing in mountainous is also a hugely disadvantageous tradeoff, but people make it! For cred!
Also there is definitely a polarization equivalent for masons lol the masons were polarized
i suck
ggs i had lots of fnu! thank for hositng
EVEN THO I SUCK I STILL HAD LOTS OF FUN.
that’s true but i feel like all of these are less acted upon than “this player is a pretty good wolf so we shouldn’t vote for them for a 0/3” because there is like… barely any risk to doing this one compared to literally killing that player based on doubts about them still being alive despite pushing wolves, being a strong player etc. it’s far more oppressive here even if similar things are present in normal games
idk what point this is referring to but im not sure Just Being Townread would constitutes a meaningful skill to express. and if the wolves are wolfread then uh that’s it there’s not really any counterplay except literally just getting the masons immediately
i don’t think they were! i think they just did some things that made them obvious when they weren’t previously
Masons are polarized!! Gummy didn’t freak out upon being wolfread once!!
In Stellaris we read the 2 masons who had a hunt condition from a mash PL lol

note that this is yet another combinatorics game ash randed wolf and claimed wolf d1 in
Also a D1 0/3 leaves 20 teams left… not even thaaat bad
gg
gg i was freckles
Thank you to be with us
Two non masons confirmed is also pretty good for starters