Available Actions Gladiator Mage Rogue Healer
Attack Able Able Able Able
Evade Able Able Able Able
Support Unable Able Able Able
Heal Unable Unable Unable Able
3 Likes

Questions for @Aelin:

1. What does the [Support] action do?
  2. What are the odds of a successful [Evade] action?
  3. In your example of [Mage vs Rogue], am I correct to assume that neither of the [Mage]'s items are [Magical items]?

Hm… If the Champions were given two items that match their affinities, then they would gain the [+25%] damage boost twice, which is gives them a base of [1.5x] damage.
However, if you take Healer’s “weakness” to account, wouldn’t this mean that the Healer will be able to deal [1.3x] damage against any other Champions while holding two Support and/or Magical items?
It’s still useless since the base dice is [1d10], but at least it is above [1.0x].

Meanwhile, if there is no Healer in the field, and a Champion has equipped two items of matching affinity, while fighting a Champion they are stronger against, then their [Strength Boost] would be [1.75x]… Hm… It’s not impressive enough.

In the end, it’s all about the Items after all. From what I understand, Defensive items don’t break, so even though the Champions would have to rely on RNG to receive as little damage as possible, they would still be able to reduce the incoming attacks indefinitely.

Meanwhile, the “Affinity items” can give [NdX] dice, which is what the players should rely on in order to kill their opponents’ Champions. As an extreme example, a [100d1] is just a certain-death Affinity item.
In reality, an Affinity item with a [3d8] stat would already have an expected average damage of [13.5]. (Rogue’s EAD is [16.5] because critical hits deal double damage). Add that to Rogue’s average of [16.5], and you would get an average of [30] damage. Add the [1.75x] [Strength Boost] on top of that, and you would get [52.5] damage, basically on your way of two-shotting any Champion in your way.

In reality, even Rogue’s [3d8] would already have an expected average damage of [13.5]. (Rogue’s EAD is [16.5] because critical hits deal double damage).

…by the way @Aelin, do rolls from Affinity items also deal double damage if they are critical?

We would be missing @Atlas and @Leafia, and everyone else prior to 27 September 2021 are already here (i.e. Whysper, Squirrel, and myself).
We didn’t have any backups though.

I already have a map made. Once the game starts, the map and tile values will be given as well.

That’s uh… Yet another factor I have to take account.
…how do turns work in that case? Do [Support] actions go first?
–also, if that Staff of Entangling actually exists, then a Champion can theoretically deal 2.0x damage.

1. Support actions can do different things depending on the items held.
  2. 100% chance to take 50% damage is what I have it as, I think.
  3. Yeah
1 Like

Yep, all about the items.
And, yes, affinity items can deal crits.

1 Like

Yeah, Support actions will usually have some sort of effect on a turn such as damage boosting or negating, so they will be factored in first.

thanks for pinging me zone

also I’m still debating whether I should join

1 Like

i like how zone is analyzing literally everything.

and then everyone else is just observing

4 Likes

Oh lord. Oookay, who is ready to see a Rogue with Legendary Items killing a Gladiator in one hit?

Ya, I will definitely make a Legendary Rogue. Healer + Rogue, and then gamble for the loot.

It’s how I cope with boredom. We need more players.
Plz join.

i would join but

too much math and thinking for my taste

Bruh. I just proved that it’s less about math and more about items.
It doesn’t matter if you can use math to predict the damage multipliers; if you are dealing with a player with an item that gives them a 3d8 dice, then your Champion is just screwed in 5~8 actions (i.e. 1~2 Rounds) unless you keep choosing to evade …which would let you live longer to run the **** away from that tile.

yeah but op long

Read this then:

Also, the complexity of this game is way less intense compared to Whysper’s Battle Royale where you actually have to think about when and where the players will attack, since some of them have ranged weapons.
In this game, all you gotta do if you don’t want to get hurt is keep evading and running away from the center of the map, since that’s where all the best loot is.

2 Likes

2 Likes

BONK

let me just nudge this
ill lower the player count down to 9
please recruit people

:canned_food:

2 Likes

rip dungeon master

in my eyes, you got filled

3 Likes