Enemy Within (Deus Ex 5) 10/18 - Town/NSF Victory

Does anyone want to vote trochilidae

ok what in the actual fuck

no

Iā€™m still deadset on my conviction they are evil also lmao what is this game how am I going to maintain my 0 percent winrate now

amelia flip kinda surprised me but the drop off in activity makes just as much sense from the NK who killed a wolf just after one was executed

3 Likes

The only part that suprised me was the UNATCO AGENT part, but they were the stereotypical evil in every sense of the word otherwise, that being very quiet and all that

Yep

gaming

the good news is we donā€™t have to spend the entire game hunting lw

the bad news is there are two wolves playing semi-competently instead of one

i would probably just mow down kiiruma wazza atnoname in roughly that order and see what happens

I donā€™t mean that to be rude obviously itā€™s just that well in every game like this ever like idk town of salem (bad game) youā€™d have the quiet dude in the corner who eventually gets voted up and dies silently and turns out to be the arsonist

that was amelia

you have no reason to trust me, i have killed no wolves (neutrals dont count) and i am nothing but a madwoman

opinions on every player

gorta - self resolving

arctic - I think that if arctic was mafia the way he would have pushed Geyde would have been much different. Arctic I think is smart enough to know that in a game with an NK in it that pushing on the second shoutiest slot would likely go down in flames unless he pushed Geyde in a smart way. Specifically I dont think that arctic pushed Geyde in an attempt to grab cred, I think there was a noticeable seesawing there which while I could see coming from a wolf trying to distance from a LHF partner but not wanting to bury them completely. The reason for this is because even semi-competent wolves know that endless hell-bussing does nothing but make you look like you have TMI. However I think that if Arctic was a wolf he would know that any sort of flip flopping would look Very Bad if geyde flipped mafia (because it would look like he wasnt serious about ever trying to get geyde killed) Therefore, I think that occams razor says that its more likely that Arctic was always internally feeling cold feet about pushing Geyde but did not often express this in thread. (note if arctic lives to end game and is very underwhelming then punt him into the sun, hes a wolf)

atlas - i dont want to read his iso and seth is gonna kill him hes a null get fucked

Kiiruma - I think everything I said about their reads being made out of cardboard and magical thinking still applies, I also think their posturing around Trochi/Blizer fits with a wolf whos trying to find a liferaft to stay connected in thread while also not doing anything of note. I dont understand any of their reads, and they all feel designed to reach a specific conclusion that Kiiruma had in mind. Only getting some doubts because of TWTBAW shit. Overall no reason for them to not be in the PoE

isolde - seth resolving

Blizer - read his ISO, its ok I guess, I dont think that the wolves would hellbus each other considering theres an NK in play so occams razor says hes probs town, if the PoE turns up dry would start looking here first

Jarek - This is probably my highest town, I think that all of the doomerposting day 1, wanting to die on day 2, and claiming for weaksauce reasons fit with a deflated town. The reasons for them being deflated (them not enjoying the game/them being on a loss streak) also track in my opinion. Would not kill even if the PoE dries up.

ATNoName - ISO massively underwhelming on day 1, ISO continues to be massively underwhelming on day 2 as well. No reason they shouldnt be in the PoE. Null.

Solar - self resolving

Hippo - Think their day 2 was moderately better than their day 1, think they felt like a bored townie rather than a coasting mafia, them spewing out reads at the start and then them continuing to make random comments in thread/start shit also fits with them just being bored rather than coasting. I think that a mafia probably wouldnt have the energy to shitpost about content that actually provides insight into their alignment, theyd probably either give up or shitpost in a NAI way. And if they did theyd use it in a much more productive way than they are doing now

GGhana - i am god

Trochi - if im gonna be honest i dont know how to read their slot, the fact they have DID and its usually pretty obvious when they switch means that their content isnt really the best since it doesnt seem like they keep most of their reads or share their reasoning, only really good thing they have going for them is their treatment by Geyde. Think Geyde forgetting they had DID was genuine, and if I remember correctly they lessened their push on Trochi. Gut says that feels like a wolf pushing on a villager since if Geyde really wanted to distance he defo could have kept it going even after he had the realization

Min - I think this is the slot that should probs die by tomorrow, theyre probably one of the people who look the worst from Geyde spew (definitely not the worst however). Mostly because I think that Geyde was likely in distance mode by the time they were pushing Min, and that the weak reasoning for the Min push was because they were trying to find a reason to push Min to make them look better if Geyde flipped. (Note this means that imo Min/Kiiruma are likely to not be w/w if I have the timing correctly. Since I dont think that Geyde would potentially draw heat on Min if Geyde/Kiiruma/Jake were all being pushed on.) I also dont understand why they came out with a townread on Eli from reading Geyde spew since in my humble opinion geydeā€™s spew doesnt really say much about Eliā€™s alignment. My gut feeling is that it feels like a wolf who thinks that itā€™s ā€œobviousā€ that eli is spewed town by Geyde when he really isnt. I also think that their reasons for townreading Kiiruma are very questionable, since it relies on the assumption that Geyde/Kiiruma/Jake were all legitimate wagons against each other when they werent, basically the entire town was voting under a huge bloc so there werent really any ā€œcounterwagonsā€ again, gut says this feels like a wolf saying something ā€œobviousā€ that really isnt and revealing their TMI.

Overall a bit concerned that Iā€™m basing most of my read on their slot based on their day 2 content but whatevs, not much I can do. Also think its a bit questionable for their slot that it seems like the quality of their content had a pretty major nosedive from day 1 to day 2.

Would probably put min at the highest slot on the PoE, but in terms of killing Iā€™d probably go

Min

At/Kiiruma

Trochi

2 Likes

another day, another incorrect atlas read

sigh I guess Seth will have to explain this one when we flip the goddamn NK and also hes not dead.

On the night kill however, we have a Hippo dead which I guess is probably a doc dodge altho its weird considering not everyone believes his claim.

Amelia probably gave up by the time they were wagoned starting day 1

anyways are we mass claiming, if so Iā€™d like to start

this reminds me we will probably have to put gghana in the bin at some point but i really think heā€™s probably just town

To be fair Iā€™d give up too if I was the NK and the night and day deaths looked like that

Anybody want to claim a protect on seth

Dw king this will be another game where the wolves try desperately to put me in PoE but Iā€™m too powerful to ever stay in there for lont

1 Like

what

One would think that a guilt vig would strongman themselves out of guilt but nah