good job
FUCK MY LIFE

3 Likes

so here’s what we do
we kill the batman

5 Likes

Which would you get rid of?

2 Likes

i was pulling up a list when i was writing that but then i posted the dumb thing and now i live in eternal pain

2 Likes

Best Town Performance - Group (vanilla game): For collective excellence as town in a Vanilla-queue game.

Best Town Performance - Group (special game): For collective excellence as town in a Special-queue game.

Best Scum Performance - Group (vanilla game): For collective excellence as scum in a Vanilla-queue game.

Best Scum Performance - Group (special game): For collective excellence as scum in a Special-queue game.

combine both town and scum performance
this is because it will massively improve the quality of the subs

I have other ones but this one sticks out the most

1 Like

Best Town Performance - Single Player (vanilla game): For a good individual performance as town in a Vanilla-queue game.

Best Town Performance - Single Player (special game): For a good individual performance as town in a Special-queue game.

Best Scum Perfomance - Single Player (vanilla game): For a good individual performance as scum in a Vanilla-queue game.

Best Scum Performance - Single Player (special game): For a good individual performance as scum in a Special-queue game.

you could make role based ones
and no not roles as in cop

role as in

leader
follower
etc

because there are different skills that are flexed in games
and often its because those skills that [x] side wins

it also allows you to actually nominate someone that wasn’t a super carry for an award

2 Likes

this also gives you ‘best mechanical play for individual game’ which is sorely not represented for some reason
it’s theoretically covered by role play but there is more flex opportunity that’s not being covered by any of the awards

although that could be just
another award

but still my point stands

I think this is cool in theory but in practice really subjective for what category to nominate someone for

1 Like

mafia is the most subjective game
that is how it works

you can also just
nominate to multiple?

Best Flavor: For a host who creates good flavor.

Best Setup: For an interesting, enjoyable, and well-designed setup. FAM is not eligible.

Best Misc: For an interesting, enjoyable, and well-designed Misc.

Best Role/Mechanic: For a role or mechanic that was both interesting and well-designed.

Best Host: For a host who consistently hosts well-designed and enjoyable games.

make best flavor for individual games
this is because this encourages the guy who hosts once in a year to actually give a shit about flavor

1 Like

ok so I’m not making fun of you but it’s really funny that your original complaint was “too many awards” and yet your suggestions almost all either maintain the same number or increase the number

4 Likes

for fun awards:

best case - self-explanatory
best consequentialist play - individual moment that would initially seem to be bad and was bad but it ended up working out exceedingly well for the overall game. aka why shooting that player in the towncore actually won us the game i swear guys
among us award - given to the game with the most instances of ‘sus’ at the end of the year

my brain believed that there were too many useless awards

1 Like

aka awards you couldn’t nominate things for

1 Like

half of the performance awards don’t function

1 Like

like which ones

the ones i highlighted
this thread should have all the cats in it so I don’t have to have another tab open

Best Town Performance - Single Player (vanilla game): For a good individual performance as town in a Vanilla-queue game.
Best Town Performance - Single Player (special game): For a good individual performance as town in a Special-queue game.
Best Scum Perfomance - Single Player (vanilla game): For a good individual performance as scum in a Vanilla-queue game.
Best Scum Performance - Single Player (special game): For a good individual performance as scum in a Special-queue game.

v

role performance stuff, maybe alignment split maybe not

Best Town Performance - Group (vanilla game): For collective excellence as town in a Vanilla-queue game.
Best Town Performance - Group (special game): For collective excellence as town in a Special-queue game.
Best Scum Performance - Group (vanilla game): For collective excellence as scum in a Vanilla-queue game.
Best Scum Performance - Group (special game): For collective excellence as scum in a Special-queue game.

v

Best Performance - Group (vanilla game): For collective excellence as either town or scum in a Vanilla-queue game.
Best Performance - Group (special game): For collective excellence as either town or scum in a Special-queue game.

the ones i feel strongest about are the group ones
you might think town group performances will be overshadowed but I’d raise that having single nom categories is dogshit

and town performances won’t be overshadowed
an actually good town group performance would destroy the category
it’s just that we don’t have them