💼 FoL Archive Site

All it tells me to do is to add a shortcut, no indexing option available

Let’s move this chat to Discord so we don’t clutter the thread. I’ll contact you.

1 Like

Removed Searching with Google Drive section since this method no longer works.

Removed Main Links section since most links are easy to find on main page of archive site or have threads on this site.

Changed Searching section to Search Engine and described the new custom FoL search engine on Yandex.

1 Like

There is a custom FoL search engine available through Yandex.

FoL Search

Screenshot 2022-02-12 192723

It is a combined search for Forum of Lies, FoL Archive, and Fortress of Lies. You can limit the search with the section filter if necessary.

5 Likes

Added user avatars to posts. This should make it a little easier/nicer to read through threads.

7 Likes

Changed the background color for quoted posts to make things easier to read

5 Likes

Why are some threads not possible to be searched on Yandex in the archive?

If I type “spectator” for FoL archive I get only one result white for Forum of Lies I get many, why is that?

2 Likes

Probably haven’t been indexed yet

2 Likes

Sorry, I saw this before on mobile but then forgot to come back to reply.

While Kyo isn’t wrong about it not being indexed, these search engines are being a pain about it. Google pretty much refuses to do much indexing at all.

Yandex seemed promising at first, but then stopped making progress. I’ve made a slight change to the sitemap a few days ago that I’m hoping might help. Just waiting for Yandex to process the change.

A month or so ago I started testing some stuff with Bing. It has gradually been making consistent progress on indexing. I just learned how to make a custom search with that and will make that available soon.

BTW, I think Google and Bing may have started dropping the original site from their results. So we may not be able to search for old site links and redirect any longer.

Perhaps there would be a way to give each category a page of links with each topic somehow? Think combining all of the thirty billion Forum Games pages into one page, that way at least ctrl-F would work?

Depending on how big it is it might be too big for CTRL-F to really work

That’s my experience with trying to use ctrl-f to search through large databases

It’s only four years of forum posts on a small forum - how big could it possibly be lol

…ah

5 Likes