🏆 FoL Awards 2021 - Nominations Thread

i nominate boats from forum of lies annual mash

reason:

b o a t

Since you can nom yourself for legacy awards… :^)

Best Town Performance (Individual)

Alice, Short Fuse IV - In short, despite being suspected by an off entrance, quickly regained their ground, started forming a perfect towncore, diffused a TvT situation between Marshal and Wazza, and then made a PoE containing all wolves, and removed the villagers from it via reading interactions.

Alice, Paint your Mafia Mafia - Formed a perfectly correct towncore of nine people and a PoE that contained the three wolves, the wolf-aligned 3p, a non-posting villager, and a somewhat suspicious villager, all before EoD1, which made the wolves concede before even the first lynch happened.

Alice, Special Forum of Lies 39 - After Litten died, became the de-facto town leader and was able to quickly navigate BD and stop mislynches from happening, such as how they managed to convince town that Icibalus was just a slanky villager and how they deduced that the bleed on Astand came from Bazingaboy and that Shurian was the convert.

Best Scum Performance (Individual)

Alice, Ritual Mafia IV - Was the main driver of the wolfteam and one of the starting groupscum who endgamed. Began the game by immediately putting both Wazza and Kyo in the towncore and then helped push the wolf’s agenda subtly from behind the scenes, causing all executions and sacrifices to be misses.

Alice, Special Forum of Lies 63 - Hellbussed two of their wolfy team-mates in a manner that made them look completely unaligned and then used the towncred to become the most trusted villager and dictated the entire town’s agenda with nobody suspecting them, from the PoE to nightplay. Despite being caught by mechanics and openwolfed, they still managed to endgame.

Alice, Forum of Lies 30 - Rolled Demon and quickly strongarmed both mislynches and eliminated the Unseen. It should go without saying why this is an award-worthy accomplishment being that this is the first time in a non-Revenant NK wins a normal FoL.

Alice, Community Forum Mafia 2 - Despite being a solo 3p in a 31p game, they managed to repeatedly get themselves in both the good side of the town and the wolves to the point that the town did not want to lynch them and the wolves wanted to bring them to endgame. In the end, they mislynched a town PR at the last second by moving their NPCs, and then the wolfteam simply could not outnumber their NPCs.

[Mod note: Originally posted by Alice]

1 Like

despite being a meme, I’m seconding this one.

For legacy best misc setup I nominate the Minority Rule which was Christmas themed and introduced items (oranges but can be whatever) in certain rooms. Was a stroke of genius

check out the postnum

2 Likes

Nominate this for best legacy misc pkr

Alright, I have some legacy nominations that aren’t just ‘let me nominate myself for an award.’ Disclaimer that there’s going to be significant bias here towards games I was in , since I have an index of those and more generally remember them better.

I nominate ash4fun in Muppets Cop 13er for Legacy Best Town Performance (Individual) . Although he had a rough start day 1 due to IRL commitments, which led to him being busy for most of the Day and nearly CFD’d, he did not allow that to interfere with his solving process, and posted himself clear on subsequent days. His case on Marshal, the deepest wolf, who was being shielded by many loud village voices, was the leading contributing factor in her being voted out on Day 3 (which was also the first wolf execution in the game). After that, he consistently had a winning PoE, allowing town to eventually pull out a victory in final 3.

I nominate Anstreim in SFoL 61.5 for Legacy Best Scum/Neutral Performance (Individual) . Despite several early setbacks, such as scum failing both the night 1 and night 2 converts, as well as his partner managing to somehow fail a reaction test that he was literally informed about in advance , Anstreim was able to effectively get widely townread while pushing for village eliminations. His bus on CRichard was extremely effective, even if unplanned, and even as many of the villagers were mechconfirmed he was able to remain widely townread. He was eventually voted out, but only after the NK literally openwolved and accused him of being death immune. What makes this more impressive is that this was quite literally his first completed game.

I nominate astand’s Umineko FM for Legacy Best Setup . Creating balanced rolemadness setups is not easy, but Astand managed to create a fairly balanced one. Additionally, it had several unique or interesting mechanics, such as the Mafia Puppet and the Mafia Retributionist; while the setup had some “tricks,” none of them can really be called unfair.

I nominate Tangeld 's Trouble Brewing for Legacy Best Misc . This Misc was generally well-hosted, with no moderrors/issues with host processing/etc. The game itself was reasonably clean and enjoyable for most participants, and started a long tradition of Blood on the Clocktower games hosted on the forum. Additionally, Tan provided enjoyable and well-written flavor.

Additionally, I second the following legacy nominations:

Gonna second this

Also :sob:

Nominating @Arete for Best Replacement Player

Nominating @Whysper for Community MVP

Nominating @Chloe for The Chloe Award That Doesn’t Actually Exist But Chloe Good™

too lazy to do writeups (arete is for upick/rwby primarily, whysper is goated in like 20 different ways, chloe is chloe)

second

second

Okay this is a lie I forgot about FoL8

I’m nominating FoL8 for best group town

Look at this fucking graveyard

Note that the Evil King isn’t shown here because his lynch ended the game

Not only was it a sweep the game was literally flawless with not a single BD dead when they won

Seconded.

sure i’ll second

Seconded

Nominating @Arctic for Most Improved Player

Over the course of the year so far, Arctic has improved substantially at both alignments. As town, he’s gone from competent-but-inexperienced to one of the more threatening villagers in most playerlists. Furthermore, as scum, he’s gone from struggling to post any fake content and dying day 2 to deepwolfing in Anni before being boxed in by mechanics and endgaming in Mountainous.

I feel like I should have more words here but this category is pretty self-explanatory lol

seconding but I’m too lazy to give reasons

Edit: nvm
I feel his performance in the games where I truly saw him shine was amazing such as RWBY and Meowtainado, while he was obvious scum in the latter game, he put himself in a good position while being a wolf.

I’m lazy to give more words though.

Nominating astand for Best Host

Dedicated
Dependable
Creative
Inspirational
A million other descriptors

Astand is a powerhouse when it comes to making unique, enjoyable, and somewhat-balanced setups. Not only has he come up with some of the most wacky and fun mechanics I’ve seen in my time playing FM and set the stage for how to make Good Rolemadness Games, but he’s also someone many people look up to when it comes to hosting games in general.

We have some great hosts here on FoL but I’ve never seen someone as obsessed with perfection and player enjoyment as astand. You can see it everywhere in his games, and it’s impossible to pinpoint every little thing he does that makes his games so great. He has beautiful rolecards and visuals to immerse the players, a well organized OP and first post where he has a graveyard and threadmarks, a standard for how to do votecounts (wagons are ordered by size; it’s amazing). I legit can’t list everything.

Not only is he dedicated to making the game appear clean and tidy, but he’s also incredibly dependable and treats all of his games like a full-time job. He threadcamps and posts votecounts at the speed of light, is always available for SoD/EoD, and makes sure someone is always around to keep an eye on things when he has sleep/work. This extends past his games as well. Need a European co-host? Astand’s up for it. Need a VCBot? He’s got ya.

We might not see any of his games in the future, but I don’t think we need any more games to know that he is (or… was) one of the best hosts our site has seen.

Will miss him tbh. I looked up to him a lot

2 Likes

I want to chime in here and say that while I’ve only seen a little bit of astand around, every time I’ve seen him, he’s been an active, knowledgeable, positive, and persistent force both as a designer and as a player. His design sensibilities have some major differences from my own, but at no time did it feel like he was egotistical about his designs or his play. While creating some terrifyingly bastard setups, he still clearly cares about the fun of the players. He is a great designer who is a wonderful person with whom to discuss mafia. I wish the best for him on his next venture.

I second this.