๐Ÿ† FoL Awards 2022 - Nominations Thread

Tell me more about how good battle boats was

Kiiruma had to hit his own cruiser to kill my cruiser.

Would you describe participating in battle boats as life affirming?

1 Like

The event made us laugh and nervous, with 7 players in 16x16 board, we have like 2 shots each turn (changed to 4/2 shots with two boats or one)

itโ€™s only a shame that nuke wasnโ€™t used on the right person.

2 Likes

I would like to nominate @Leafia for Most Improved Player

from what we have seen so far this year, Leafia, especially in regards towards her wolfgames, has improved quite significantly not only as a player but also as a member within the community. Their recent wolfplay, espically in Morbitnado and HTF has been much stronger and while there are still some weaknesses in her game, shes been steadily improving, and this year shes shown a large leap in terms of play

11 Likes

Nominate @Marshalโ€™s Word Match Misc for Best Misc

Creative, rewards collaboration, and was incredibly funny
Peak simple misc

4 Likes

Seconding

4 Likes

Nominate Neon (the role) for Best Role/Mechanic from Valorant FM

While this role was not used to maximum effect in the game it was in, it displays a callousness in design that screams โ€œso what if this role ends up becoming bulletproof? Does it even matter?โ€
Most role designs are somewhat afraid of going completely off.
This role exemplifies peak rolemadness design.
Sure, it can just effectively be an even night bulletproof (or just n2)
However, an individual player has the chance to make a sacrifice of the bulletproof to potentially go for the infinite bulletproof

Risk and reward
This is the shit

And even if it goes off, itโ€™s not unbeatable (unlike alignment cop-likes)

5 Likes

fool it was already nominated

1 Like

4 Likes

uh then Iโ€™ll second it I guess

3 Likes

seconded

6 Likes

Would definitely second this if I could. ^_^

3 Likes

i appreciate the rise in bb/bcs media use

keep it up

2 Likes

Here

1 Like

/nominate Astand for Best Host

In a world where a lot of games have hosts that have the potential to be liabilities, itโ€™s nice to have someone who not only knows their shit but also is incredibly hospitable to the players
Considering that hosting is facilitation of games, Astand passes with flying colors
Massive effort on both the setup creation and setup hosting side that doesnโ€™t falter
Itโ€™s clear that he cares about the games themselves and the people who play them
Which goes above and beyond reasonable expectations of action

6 Likes

/Nominate Morbtainado Morbfia for best scum performance, group (small game)

A lot of scum wins on this site could best be described as town falling over themselves and scum just running to the finish line before town can pick up the pieces
While these games still have scum being skilled enough not to die, they often lack the โ€˜excellentโ€™ quality that really defines a great performance
With Morbtainado, the scumโ€™s win could not be described as town simply falling over themselves. While you could certainly try, it would be incorrect to call scumโ€™s win as anything other than strong division and thread supplanting. Even when certain town players were correct for the right reasons, the combined effort by the remaining wolves to keep denying kept town from making a comeback.
Itโ€™s a rare instance of powerwolfing that just works

(scum were leafia/achro/mistyx)

2 Likes

/Nominate Achromatic for best scum player

Iโ€™m not going to be focusing on anything like โ€˜x cool thingโ€™ Achro did to deserve this
Iโ€™m instead going to be focusing on his massive drive
Even when things look hopeless and when things look out of reach, Achro puts his foot down and pushes forward regardless. Inspiring is the best word to describe it. His willingness to work with any partner, even when other people might question such actions, is testament to a cooperative spirit that can really upend games.
This teamwork certainly helped him bring home Morbtainado.

Even as an individual scum, he has shown excellence. Just taking Umineko FM, he showed his ability to worm into the brains of town players by pocketing via neighborhood. Alongside a teammate working to pocket another player on the other side of thread, Achroโ€™s ploy ended up splitting thread, making a full comeback extremely difficult for village (even though they almost pulled it off).

/Nominate Apprentice for best misc player

Lol.
Lmao even.

While there are certainly other people you could nom for this
I donโ€™t think any of those are valid enough if we are considering โ€˜bestโ€™.

Appโ€™s gameplan in miscs is simple and to the point
If thereโ€™s a way to win, heโ€™ll find it and push it to its conclusion.
It usually works.

Yeah.

5 Likes