🏆 FoL Awards 2022 - Nominations Thread

/Nominate Necronomicon from Umineko for best Role/Mechanic

I don’t particularly care for the claimvig part.
I care about the other bit about doling out rolestuff.

A lot of rolemadness games face a fundamental flaw with breakability.
Since scum can’t fake more townsided effects, there are points where town (depending on setup) can break it by massclaiming. Considering that massclaiming breaking a setup is usually a bad thing, hosts come up with solutions to counteract it…to limited effect.
Anticlaim is the most common method. You see it a lot, it swings games, and makes people salty (especially if it activates late).
Astand employed a method I find incredibly useful going forward. Simply give scum the choice of some town-ish abilities. It inspires creativity and teamwork pregame, while still giving them the option to fakeclaim different things during the game.
While it’s not perfect in its current state, there’s an undeniable quality to the mechanic that deserves to be tried out in the future.

2 Likes

/nominate eevee for best neutral/third party performance for scp fm

Lol.
Lmao even.

There aren’t many neutrals and debatably the slot was just village with a recoating.
However.
You aren’t going to fill this slot otherwise.

Eevee in this game was the most clear cut example of a single slot doing something to instantly win the game.
There’s hardly any counterargument or rebuttal.
It doesn’t even need to be explained.

He came.
He saw.
He got a scum player to out their team.

4 Likes

I second this nomination :ayaya:

1 Like

I second this nomination also :ayaya:

1 Like

/Seconded.

1 Like

/Seconded.

1 Like

I third this one, cause its 100% true

4 Likes

Astand is the veteran host, they are above mortal hoster!

1 Like

I nominate @katze and Dobby for Funniest Moment in the Breadbox FoLrus reveals

Context: Ending of Big Love (Live At Saban Theatre In Beverly Hills, CA / 2011) - YouTube
The escalation of the memeness that is so in character for these people was great

idk I may be biased but I think camel by camel was funnier

2 Likes

Seconded

9 Likes

Gunna have to post on ur main to second

Last I checked, this account has not played a game on FoL, which makes the seconding invalid

It was totally you tbh

2 Likes

Has to be a Katze alt.

1 Like

Second

Least i can do for katze tbh

3 Likes

Can someone nominate me already

has nobody done that

if so I’m nominating your kyubey tirade for funniest moment

ive becime a london wagey so have no time to play fm anymore so i must just relive my glory days

1 Like